+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post Am I on the right treatment.

How's it going world, My name is Daniel and I've had hair loss problems since I was 17 or their about. I have examined the past genetics in my family and found that my grandfather on my moms side bladed at a very old age 60's. I don't know about my fathers father but I believe he still has his hair, never meet him.

I have been on rogaine for a bit and then ran out twice and lapsed into not using it anymore. Currently I am on Shen min a twice daily pill, Rogaine as of 3/9/12, and Nioxin set 6, I will be getting set 4 soon as I am almost out. I am keeping up with a twice daily multi vitamin, and trying to change my eating habits. I also drink green tea as someone said it might help, I like it anyway. I go to the gym about 3 times a week and swim one to two times a week, also paired with activities around my college campus. I have a family of high PB and don't know if that makes a difference. I will be ordering in the very near future a regiment of finasteride, and will be following all advice.

I have balding at the crown of my head and thinning at the line. This has remained for quite some time about 4 years, I have always had a high forehead and that runs in my family so Im not to worried about that. I will post pictures in the next few days. I also recently shaved my head and most of the hair is regrowing but the areas where it is balding the hair is growing much slower. I can feel hairs on my head not very thick but they are there. Baby hairs that have been there for years, not quite sure what to make of this.

What I am looking for is not a complete cure I'm fine with some hair regrowth just something to boost my confidence and make me appealing to the ladies, as I have had dates leave dinner when I take off my hat to eat.

I will be entering the job market soon and will have extra funds at my disposal I will be looking at hair transplants in the next year if I don't see results in the next 8-12 months.

What else can I be doing to aide my hair regrowth, Im willing to do just about anything. I've already changed quite a lot of my eating habits from junk food to lean chicken and beef as well as adding greens and fruit.

KDR.

hair transplants?? How old are you?

I'm 23 going on 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Reventon View Post
    Am I on the right treatment.
    The only thing in your regimen that is proven to work is Rogaine. All that other stuff is a waste of money. Nioxin does nothing to treat hair loss. The only thing Nioxin does effectively is drain money from your bank account. If I were you, I would stop wasting my money on Nioxin. You are better off using Nizoral or Nizoral A-D once or twice a week in place of your regular shampoo. It's less expensive and more likely to help.

Since you mentioned Propecia I will point out that Propecia (1mg Finasteride) and Rogaine (Minoxidil) are the only medications proven to treat hair loss.

What else can I be doing to aide my hair regrowth, Im willing to do just about anything.
    Then book yourself an appointment with a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss and talk about getting a prescription for Propecia or generic Finasteride. Continue using Rogaine and consider giving the laser comb a try.

Till then, educate yourself. Here is a link to help you get started on the right path.

http://www.americanhairloss.org/

I was talking to a guy the other day who says he notices his hair seem thicken when using Nioxin. *shrug*

What I am looking for is not a complete cure I'm fine with some hair regrowth just something to boost my confidence and make me appealing to the ladies, as I have had dates leave dinner when I take off my hat to eat.
    They actually stood up and left when they saw your hair?! I can sort of understand a girl deciding against a second date, but to actually walk out...
    A girl like that I'd drop like a hot potato anyway.

You're on the right track with the Rogaine and the Propecia. The slower-growing baby hairs are miniaturising which means they're in the process of being lost.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Where can I find finasteride or propecia without a prescription?

Why don't you want to get a proper prescription?

No health insurance

Health insurance does not cover treating hair loss anyways. So that really doesn't make much difference. If you can afford to pay grey market prices for prescription medications, you can afford to see a doctor to get a proper prescription for generic Finasteride. Once you have a proper prescription, take advantage of low price prescription meds from Walmart or a similar discount pharmacy. I wouldn't even consider taking prescription medication without seeing a doctor about it and getting a proper prescription.

How much does generic propecia cost?