Threaded View

Tracy I need your advice.

I've been using kirkland 5% minoxidil for almost a month now. I've been using Nizoral one to twice a week for a few weeks now as well.

It seems like this product leaves my scalp with hard to remove flakes if you know what I mean? By googling 'minoxidil dandruff' I've found that this happens to a lot of people because of the alcohol in the product. I don't have an itchy scalp or anything like that though. My question is will this flaking potentially inhibit new hair growth?? Should I use nizoral everyday until this problem seems to be taken care of?

Should I use an organic conditioner after using the nizoral? I've heard conditioner isn't good for the scalp but on the same token I've heard that nizoral can excessively dry your scalp if you use it everyday.

On another note it looks like I've been shedding a lot recently. Many many small hairs have fallen out the past few days. I'm guessing about 200 tiny little hairs fell out today when I took a shower today. Many of the hairs looked like they were 1-2 cm. The strange thing is that it still looks like I have a full head of hair. Hopefully when those hairs grown in I'll be back to 'NW1'.