Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcw
    • Feb 2012

3 months on propecia and still shedding

when will it, if ever, will it stop.. it seems like the same amount everyday and if i were to wait another 3 months i would be in pretty bad shape. can someone who has experienced this help me out
  • mcw
    • Feb 2012

also..im still confused about what propecia does. as i understand it, it is suppose to maintain what you got and does not "regrow" so to speak. if this is the case, then why would it be a "good" thing for it to cause shedding if it doesnt cause regrowth? or will the diffused shedding regrow? can someone clarify this issue. thanks!

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

It can take 6 months for the Propecia to really take effecet. There is a good possibility that some of hairs that are shedding will go thru a normal cycle and regrow in 3-5 months. However, there is no gaurentee. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by mcw
        also..im still confused about what propecia does. as i understand it, it is suppose to maintain what you got and does not "regrow" so to speak. if this is the case, then why would it be a "good" thing for it to cause shedding if it doesnt cause regrowth? or will the diffused shedding regrow? can someone clarify this issue. thanks!
        Because what happens is when DHT is reduced the hair follicile will get a surge of nutrient flow causing the dermal papilla to begin real growth thus shedding the weakened hair that it was managing. Ultimately all thats happening is an acceleration of the regular cycle during the folliciles nutrient surge to get back to more "normal"

Comment

Working...