+ Reply to Thread

Default 3 Month update- Dr. Rahal 4,616 FUT

Hey everyone,

Well I am at the 3 month mark and for the most part am out of the ugly duckling stages thankfully!

Hairline: I can def see some hairs growing in especially at the corners of the hairline but they are sparse at the moment...there is still a lot of space in between each grown hair as I gather this is normal and as the months continue hairs will grown in between them...any comments are appreciated on this based on your experience. It is a nice feeling to actually see your hair growing instead of seeing it fall out...def a better feeling! So my hairline is taking a little shape but I gather come month 4 and probably closer to month 5 is when I will really start seeing some growth...again comments are appreciated on this. I am at the point now basically where I was prior to my HT...pretty much all my original hair has grown back and now mixed with the sporadic new hairs makes it look a little bit better. Applying Toppik (which I do only for special events and also interviews) is great because I don't have to use as much and it really makes my hair actually look amazing compared to how it looked originally with Toppik...mainly bc i can now use those new hairs as my hairline and it doesn't look fake as before i didn't have them to apply toppik to.

Scar: I had a little shock loss on each side of my scar but never anything crazy that couldn't be covered up with some Toppik if/when I needed it. As you can see in my pic, the scar is clearly not visible esp at the length it is at now which is prob like a 5 clip give or take. I would like to cut it with a 4 but a few weeks ago when i cut it with a 4 the scar was noticeable somewhat but I attribute this to some shock loss that will hopefully subside in the upcoming months.

Tightness: All of my tightness has subsided for the most part and there is just some numbness here and there mainly around the scar area but nothing that I can't tolerate and/or bothers me.

Working out: I started working out again a week after my 2nd month going slowly at first but now at month 3 I am at a good workout pace doing about 70 percent of what I used to...as I am trying to be a tad on the conservative side when it comes to certain exercises. It was def nice to get back to the gym and start getting back to how I was prior to my HT.

Propecia/Rogaine: I have been on Propecia now for about 10 months and up until around say 7-8 months I didn't feel like it was doing much but I would say in the last month or so I have noticed my crown thickening and not seeing a little thinness anymore in the mirror which amazed me...plus loosing less hair in the sink too...and my hair feel overall healthier and fuller. Also I started Rogaine Foam 3 weeks after my HT so been on it for around over 2 months and I don't mind applying it plus I am thinking maybe this is the reason why my crown looks better? Perhaps the synergy bt Prop and Rogaine. I actually like the way my hair looks and feels after I apply the foam as it acts kind of as a mousse and my hair feels and looks thicker...so i don't mind it anymore I actually prefer that look! lol.

As always I would appreciate your comments on my pics and hopefully I am progressing nicely and my hairline will fill in and become more of a line in the upcoming months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Left.jpg

Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	14037   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right.jpg

Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	14038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front down.jpg

Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	14039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Crown.jpg

Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	14040   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right Scar.JPG

Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	14041  

Hey dude,

just looked at your other post, because i thought 4,616 grafts was a lot for your hair loss. But i can see why this many grafts were used with the sideburns and hairline design by Dr.Rahal. Good luck with the growth. I'm sure it will look great in 3-4 months !!

Will look really good once all the growth comes through.
    I can relate to pretty much all you are saying re toppik to rogaine to the scar etc. I've still got some numbness on top and in the middle of the scar.

I'm just under 2 weeks away from the 3 month mark since my surgery with Dr. Rahal and will post some pics then, so we can do a little comparison

Keep growing mate!

Capelli, even at this stage your hair looks better to me than preop. It all really begins now. I'm sure it's going to be fantastic and I look forward to updates in the not too distant future. I think you'd eventually get down to a grade 3 on the sides and back if you wanted. All the best.

Can we get a 6 month update? Getting Rahal to do my HT In a couple weeks