Guys who start losing hair in their lates 30s and 40s - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    528

    Default Guys who start losing hair in their lates 30s and 40s

    Lets just first say im 19 years old dealing with hairloss. I just find that when guys come on this forum dealing with hairloss in their lates 30s 40s its mind boggling. I understand we all want to look good at any age but i find that its more acceptable for a guy that age to lose his hair without being ashamed of it. I love that guy joe from staten island and all but i found it crazy that he is 50 years old and can't get over hairloss by now. He has a wife and kids who love him, who else does he have to impress. I just find that if your married have have kids, its easier to get over hairloss. You should devote your life to your kids and maybe the setbacks you had in your life because of hairloss you try to live out through them. It just pisses me off when guys who are older complain about hairloss, when its really the younger guys who are the true sufferes. Maybe im just ignorant but i would like to know how an older guy whose married cant get over hairloss because it scares me when i get to that point, im hopeful i will be over hairloss. In my eyes the day i have my first son is the day i get over baldness.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    428

    Default

    You think men just stop caring about their appearance and their youthfulness when they turn 30? Think again. It's not all about getting women, most men actually care about their self image for their own sake. It is almost as difficult in your 30's as is it is in your 20's to see your youthfulness fading away. The only upside for men who lose hair later on is that they tend to lose hair much more slowly and not become as bald as guys who lose hair early on. They also tend to have more money to address the problem.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    It is almost as difficult in your 30's as is it is in your 20's to see your youthfulness fading away.
    Disagree completely. The younger you are, the more ostracized you will be from your peers. Hair loss sufferers in their late teens and early twenties are indeed a minority. The same can not be said for older men. Sorry.

    Not saying it isn't hard at any age, and I do agree with you that it will never be easy, regardless of age. All I'm saying is the younger you are, the less likely your hair loss will be accepted by peers and those around you. Young hair loss sufferers are not the norm.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    876

    Default

    I agree that the younger you are, the harder hair loss is to deal with. A friend of mine actually started losing his hair in high school and kids ridiculed him for it. I don't know how the hell I would be able to deal hair loss at that age!! I think baldness is much more acceptable to deal with later on in life because a lot more people deal with hair loss later on in life than they do earlier on. If you are a 50-year-old man and you are around other 50-year-old men, odds are that a good percentage of them will be dealing with hair loss so you won't feel ostracized and abnormal. But if you are a 20-year-old man, then odds are that most of your peers are not losing their hair, and that can make the 20-year-old think that they look ugly or abnormal. Plus, a 50-year-old man can look back and say that he lived for so many years without hair loss and can relish in the memories that he lived life as a young adult free and uninhibited by hair loss.
    That being said though, hair loss can be devastating at any age. I'm 33 and I feel like hair loss is ruining my whole life, because I feel like my looks and my identity are being taken away from me. Hell, you even see plenty of guys in their 50's and 60's wearing wigs because they hate their hair loss. I have 2 close friends who do this. Lastly, I do have the utmost sympathy for Joe from Staten Island. I've listened to his story and not only did he start losing his hair early on, but he got butchered from a bad hair transplant so I'd bet he has noticeable scars and bumps on his head from the butchery of that transplant.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    I hear you DepressedByHairloss & clandestine - i'd hate to have started losing my hair in my teen's, it would have been even more devastating ten fold, i don't doubt that for a minute.

    But - i also get pissed off hearing younger guy's saying i shouldnt worry about it. Well, i do - and i alway's will. Luckily it's been a slow process for me - started around the age of 27, and hasn't been a rollercoaster ride to hell, but the ride is heading there - and you bet it concern's me.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    But - i also get pissed off hearing younger guy's saying i shouldnt worry about it. Well, i do - and i alway's will. Luckily it's been a slow process for me - started around the age of 27, and hasn't been a rollercoaster ride to hell, but the ride is heading there - and you bet it concern's me.
    Understandable, absolutely. As I've said, it's shitter. Whatever your age, people worry.

    How we cope with our worries and our fears is what's important. We should aspire to embrace our fears, and do away with our worries.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    All I'm saying is the younger you are, the less likely your hair loss will be accepted by peers and those around you. Young hair loss sufferers are not the norm.
    And I disagree with you
    Lots of people buzz or shave their heads now a days
    Teens, 20's, 30 's , 40's , 50 's etc
    It is now considerd acceptable for men to shave their heads
    No one gives a shit accept for those of us who don't have the balls to do it ourselves
    No one gives it a second look when you see a guy with a buzzed head
    But you see a guy with a grotesque comb over , you take a another look and ask why he doesn't just shave it off

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Lots of people buzz or shave their heads now a days
    Teens, 20's, 30 's , 40's , 50 's etc
    It is now considerd acceptable for men to shave their heads
    Very true, I'm with you on that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    No one gives a shit accept for those of us who don't have the balls to do it ourselves
    Any radical change in appearance, such as a buzz cut or shaved head from having hair (whatever degree) will be noticed. Yes, people will in time adjust to your change in appearance, this is natural, of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    No one gives it a second look when you see a guy with a buzzed head
    Here is where our opinions differ. As discussed in previous threads, some people look better with buzzed or shaved heads, naturally. Head size, shape, and degree of hair loss are all clearly factors concerning how someone will look with a close crop.

    I've tried buzzing my head before, in multiple instances. Problem is I have a smaller than average head size. This, coupled with my receded hairline, has put me off doing it for a while. I would also like to point out that degree of hair loss /temple recession becomes entirely more noticeable with a buzz cut. There is literally no hiding what you're dealing with.

    The solution, you might say, is to shave completely. Again, I refer to points such as ideallic head characteristics, and the fact that cue ball is by no means a necessarily 'normal' haircut among youth (late teens, early 20s).

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    But you see a guy with a grotesque comb over , you take a another look and ask why he doesn't just shave it off
    Yes, you get to a certain point, you cut your losses, so to speak.

    But you've come off my original point completely. I said the younger you are, the less likely your hair loss will be accepted by peers and those around you. Young hair loss sufferers are not especially the norm. I stand by this.

    You're trying to tell me people who deal with any degree of hair loss are often too scared to either buzz or shave their heads. I'm telling you there are reasons this look is not a be all end all solution, but can only necessarily be deemed appropriate/inappropriate provided someone has already tried to do so.

    My point remains, hair loss is hard at any age. Hair loss is especially hard among youth. We all suffer in a similar manner, but to varying degrees, considering various factors such as age, emotional stability, support, etc.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Lets just first say im 19 years old dealing with hairloss. I just find that when guys come on this forum dealing with hairloss in their lates 30s 40s its mind boggling. I understand we all want to look good at any age but i find that its more acceptable for a guy that age to lose his hair without being ashamed of it. I love that guy joe from staten island and all but i found it crazy that he is 50 years old and can't get over hairloss by now. He has a wife and kids who love him, who else does he have to impress. I just find that if your married have have kids, its easier to get over hairloss. You should devote your life to your kids and maybe the setbacks you had in your life because of hairloss you try to live out through them. It just pisses me off when guys who are older complain about hairloss, when its really the younger guys who are the true sufferes. Maybe im just ignorant but i would like to know how an older guy whose married cant get over hairloss because it scares me when i get to that point, im hopeful i will be over hairloss. In my eyes the day i have my first son is the day i get over baldness.
    Really? And when you have your first son - and you're bent over putting a DVD on, and he laugh's and say's in front of a room full of people "Daddy's got a bald patch" See how gut wrenched you feel about that. It ****in hurt me.

    Yeah i feel for younger guy's very much. Drop the ignorance mate, if you give a **** about your self esteem and appearence - losing hair hurt's at any age.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    It just pisses me off when guys who are older complain about hairloss, when its really the younger guys who are the true sufferes.
    Take a moment to step back and try to imagine what it would be like to be a woman who is dealing with hair loss. Would you still think it is the younger guys who are the true sufferers?

    Everyone's situation is different and everyone’s ability to deal with their hair loss is different. Some people are more emotionally equipped to deal with hair loss than others.

Similar Threads

  1. Wedding in June... start now or start later?!?!
    By bishog in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-06-2016, 05:10 AM
  2. For you guys who are thinking about buzzing your hair
    By TheNitwon in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 07:48 AM
  3. seviour hair loss..going bald @age of 19!!! please help me out guys...!!!!
    By jaya vardhan in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2011, 04:06 AM
  4. Young guys with thin hair
    By chewytorch in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 06:12 AM
  5. Hey guys. just some random q's with thin hair at 20.
    By toyoung in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 07:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By Reshuffle23
Yesterday 11:18 PM
What makes a good candidate for Hair Transplant surgery?
09-09-2015 01:59 AM
by Spex
Last Post By eximfactory
Yesterday 10:38 PM
Free Online Dating
07-10-2022 05:35 AM
Last Post By HanoraSakura
Yesterday 08:31 PM
New hair care regime based on gene / anti-ageing science
02-22-2022 10:45 AM
Last Post By glasgow
08-10-2022 04:59 PM
Eternal Hair - $6k FUE procedure in NJ. Any references?
01-05-2022 03:38 PM
Last Post By rswils
08-10-2022 10:11 AM