Guys who start losing hair in their lates 30s and 40s - Page 3 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    ...... but if you are 40 and cant get over hairloss, thats pretty bad. At some point you got to say screw it,..........
    Yup I agree
    Wish I could do it
    I still have to wake up and face the world
    But Tell that to the guys who are in their 40, 50, 50 's and they still get HT 's

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    528

    Default

    Well experiencing hairloss at a young age, ive grown as a person. Ive learned to appreciate the little things in life and i would do anything just to have atleast my teen years and 20s. So yes, i would get over hairloss if i was in my late 30s and 40s because its more acceptable in society. I can't walk around as a 19 year old bald guy and not feel like an alien. I said in my post, the day i get over hairloss is the day i have my first born. At some point you got to say screw it hairloss wont define me, but a young guy just can't say that, partly because we aren't even mature yet to understand why this is happening to us. You older guys should appreciate your prime years and say screw it, let me go play some sports with my kids and enjoy my family.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    Yup I agree
    Wish I could do it
    I still have to wake up and face the world
    But Tell that to the guys who are in their 40, 50, 50 's and they still get HT 's
    I agree with that too - I am thinking of buzzing it off this summer, luckily I'm in good shape and don't think I'm that ugly, still feel like its putting a gun to my head tho. I've always been known for my hair, losing it and facing my family of piss takers is a ****ing big deal for me, but I'll guess at 40 I'll have to man up

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    830

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    @Maradona:Every picture I've seen of him he's got a mop on his head and he ain't looking like he's in his 20's. Yep you have a point-up to the age of 38ish I had wicked hair, I've been very fortunate. so I hit 40 and am supposed to say **** it eh? Nah you're wrong it doesn't work like that, people care about their hair whatever age if - they have an any self respect and care about their appearance or whatever other reason.
    I just meant the fact that you notice your hair is gonna go is traumatizing at a very young age this is what spencer goes through everyday since he was 20ish proscar (experimental drug at that time) minoxidil the fear of looking worse painting his head etc.

    Just because he has a mop doesnt mean he is not suffering.

    I agree its always devastating to lose your hair but losing at late 30s its more acceptable and it is no where near as devastating as your early 20s.

    If i offended anyone I apologize, i guess i am somewhat jealous but I think i speak some truth when saying you should cope better when hair loss HITS YOU when youre old.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    I agree with that too - I am thinking of buzzing it off this summer, luckily I'm in good shape and don't think I'm that ugly, still feel like its putting a gun to my head tho. I've always been known for my hair, losing it and facing my family of piss takers is a ****ing big deal for me, but I'll guess at 40 I'll have to man up
    For encourgement

    www.slybaldguys.com

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Personally I know I'm not gonna look like Tom Cruise at his age and 99% of us won't look that good anyways so I've never had a problem going bald later in life because it's just how life is. You get old and you can't run as fast, jump as high, or look as good. Every once in a while you get that guy who has Ronald Reagan hair but a lot of men and women lose hair in old age and it's not seen as abnormal. When was the last time you saw a 50 year old guy and was shocked he was bald, it's common to see that. But now imagine seeing a high school senior going bald and you will be in disbelief. Losing hair in late 30s and beyond sucks but you can't say you didn't have a fair shot at life.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    I'm sorry but this is just silly. There is nothing magical about being in your 30's or 40's that makes you stop caring about your appearance.
    If you are bothered enough by hair loss to come to this forum, listen to TBT radio, etc., it's because you don't like seeing the rapid change in appearance (and others' perceptions). Age has nothing to do with it. I don't see what would give guys like me, in their 20's, the slightest idea that they should have some kind of monopoly on hairloss-related grief. Why should someone's age make a bit of difference? You don't morph into some kind of inhuman being once you hit 38, or 40, or 50. You're still a person with the same vulnerabilities and concerns (though maybe with some different priorities).

    Also, there's nothing special about marriage or kids that makes you stop caring what you look like. And quite frankly most people in relationships, including marriages, do still care how the opposite gender perceives them... it's in our DNA to care.

    Joe's situation is not that hard to understand. Hair loss is depressing. If anything, he's been dealing with it much longer than most of us, so it's no surprise he would be that down about it.

    Yes, I hope to be better-equipped to deal with hair loss when I'm older, but I'm not assuming that will be the case. I'm in no position to pass judgments on people 10, 20 or 30 years older than me and act as if I know how they should feel and how they should react to something like hair loss.

    We are all hair loss sufferers who need support. There is absolutely no use in a thread like this to drive wedges in the community based on something as meaningless as age. It's no better than female hair loss sufferers telling men to grow some balls and quit fretting over their hair loss - because after all, it's more socially acceptable to lose your hair as a man (even if you're 18) than as a woman, right?

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,623

    Default

    25 going on 65 - respect to you, well said.

  9. #29
    Inactive
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    883

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I'm sorry but this is just silly. There is nothing magical about being in your 30's or 40's that makes you stop caring about your appearance. Also, there's nothing special about marriage or kids that makes you stop caring what you look like.
    To complete the myth trifecta, I would note here that having money also will not make you stop caring about your appearance.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Age - may or may not make it easy to deal with one's hairloss. But, accepting it, makes it easy. If you hide behind comb-overs, concealers or hats you wont get over it (it will make it worse). Just let it be.

Similar Threads

  1. Wedding in June... start now or start later?!?!
    By bishog in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-06-2016, 05:10 AM
  2. For you guys who are thinking about buzzing your hair
    By TheNitwon in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 07:48 AM
  3. seviour hair loss..going bald @age of 19!!! please help me out guys...!!!!
    By jaya vardhan in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-27-2011, 04:06 AM
  4. Young guys with thin hair
    By chewytorch in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 06:12 AM
  5. Hey guys. just some random q's with thin hair at 20.
    By toyoung in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 07:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Sun Exposure after Hair Transplant
02-26-2009 02:36 PM
Last Post By Reshuffle23
Yesterday 11:18 PM
What makes a good candidate for Hair Transplant surgery?
09-09-2015 01:59 AM
by Spex
Last Post By eximfactory
Yesterday 10:38 PM
Free Online Dating
07-10-2022 05:35 AM
Last Post By HanoraSakura
Yesterday 08:31 PM
New hair care regime based on gene / anti-ageing science
02-22-2022 10:45 AM
Last Post By glasgow
08-10-2022 04:59 PM
Eternal Hair - $6k FUE procedure in NJ. Any references?
01-05-2022 03:38 PM
Last Post By rswils
08-10-2022 10:11 AM