+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    So... Where and when during this show did Dr. Ziering himself imply that this patients results as seen during this show were completely from the hair transplant surgery he performed? I can agree that the fact that Jason himself did nothing to dispel this is unethical - but where, when and how did Dr. Ziering himself intentionally mislead anyone?

It is obvious that the OP wants to discredit Dr. Ziering, who is a very well respected doctor. Since that is the case, the OP needs to show solid proof that the doctor himself did in fact intentionally try to mislead people. I do not see proof of that in this article. I would like to see the show.
    The item about the HT led the viewer to believe that the concealer enhanced hair was the result of the transplant. Before pictures were shown if I recall correctly. I vaguely remember seeing this on TV.

Tracy, I just found a link to the item as it aired- here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiQhg-FoMfI

There was no mention of the concealer.

Thank you. I did find it and had just finished watching it. I am devided on my opinion at this time. There was no attempt to intentionally mislead anyone - but there was also no attempt to disclose that he was wearing concealer. I am troubled by this - but at the same time I cannot fault the doctor either. I am reading the patient's body language which tells me it was more the patient than the doctor. I do think the use of concealer should have been disclosed. However I can see that this patient probably would not have been comfortable with that.

I found the original thread. Dr. Ziering responded.
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4745
    I think it's silly to blame Dr. Ziering for something that is out of his control. I don't think it would have been in good taste to embarrass his patient on national TV. Hope I'm not being too positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post

. If Dr. Ziering was physically present during the show or had any means what so ever of seeing what everyone else was seeing, then yes Dr. Ziering needs to answer for his actions.
    If I recall, he was .

Anyone can view comments made to the forums regarding these celebrity hair transplants and all these young guys are amazed and that is the intention as it is marketing 101. To say that most men who do their due diligence understand that the crown is rarely treated is a giant misstatement and completely false. To make such a statement shows just how little you know. The vast majority believe that they are going to receive close to a full restoration including the crown now or later with further procedures and especially these younger guys and they believe they have completed their due diligence. This doctor specifically bragged about the whorl in the crown area.

In reality it’s more like these guys that think they have done their due diligence are only fooling themselves as they see a few results, visit a few forums or pull a name off a list. They in fact don’t know jack shit about anything and when someone points out reality well then they are being negative. These same guys simply do not understand the numbers and they are often being advised by those that don’t have their best interests at heart.

So instead of focusing on the results the forums should be focusing on how the industry operates so that better decisions can be made by those researching. To believe that pulling a name off a list is a good method is completely asinine.

This is a perfect example of the modus operandi of the industry, they conveniently leave out the important information, like he has shitload of concealer in his hair. And my opinion is that the doctor is being completely dishonest. He waved his hand over the recipient area more than a few times to show the area that would be covered. He sat there telling the audience that the procedure was very affordable although in this patient’s case it was a little on the high side. He sits there with a straight face telling no one a second and maybe third procedure would be required nor does he feel the need to mention the concealer. I mean come on 3000 gfafts and he is done?

For the do gooders that can’t see this deception right in your face you are doing these young guys a great disservice and you are part of the problem.

I can't imagine doing what this person has done by misleading others. Then people can't seem to understand why I start throwing words like scumbag around. They are leading the lambs to slaughter and I find it disgusting.

I have posted my own photos during my repair process and to not mention one photo is with concealer and let people believe this is my repair would be pathetic.

Here is my current repair same exact point in time one with concealer one without.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    To say that most men who do their due diligence understand that the crown is rarely treated is a giant misstatement and completely false.
    No it isn't.

When choosing a dr I looked at hundreds of results posted by him online to see what was achievable if things went well. (bearing in mind that a ht doesnt restore all of your hair). I then weighed that up and decided that it was worth spending thousands to hopefully achieve the equivalent of the results he had posted.

If I found out that they had not been real representations I would never have thought it worth spending all that money. Hence I would have been tricked and I would be going mental at my doc expecting every penny back and more in return.

Whether The Dr knew the patient was wearing concealer or not I dont know. However I can't believe anyone would say that it's not important. False hope is a dangerous dangerous thing.

So instead of focusing on the results the forums should be focusing on how the industry operates so that better decisions can be made by those researching.
    No. We should be focusing on the results, first and foremost but learning about how results are presented is what should be learned in ADDITION to the results being seen. One thing that I wish you would learn more about, Topcat, is how flash photography makes hair look completely different than in reality. It can be just as deceptive as using concealer and many clinics, even "good" clinics, use this trick even after I've proven how deceptive this is.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Jotronic makes a great point. Lighting is everything. The lighting of Topcat's pictures is a little deceptive if you ask me. Did you ever see this video from Spencer Kobren? It's a good example of this.

Payday please explain to me how my lighting is deceptive. The actual result is under high power fluorescent lighting and clearly shows the result to date. I should have mentioned that this particular picture with concealer was taken under lighting that was less harsh and that was clearly stated when I originally posted it to my repair thread to make a point. I also included a picture with concealer and the same florescent lighting to show everyone the difference that not only concealer can make but the effect lighting has on the result. This is all important information and for a doctor to sit there and not know and not say anything is complete deception and this is what makes the majority in this business unethical.

Jotronic I am somewhat familiar with lighting but I am always open to learning more. It took me a long time just to learn how to get a close up picture that was very clear. I think my lighting where I am showing the actual result is good but if you have a suggestion that would make it better I am always open to listening.

I disagree it's not just about the results. It's probably more 50/50 skill, natural talent and then ethics, honesty, caring etc. I have met a few doctors that had skill and as people they are complete assholes and in my opinion not ethical. In fact one happens to be on the very list that a few posters on here keep promoting, but they don't seem to know much. I let tthat particular doctor know I wouldn't use them if they were the last clinic on earth.