+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: disgusting

That’s fine, I just think we should focus on the positive, not the perceived negatives. The more exposure from celebrates about hair loss and hair transplants the better.

The more exposure from celebrates about hair loss and hair transplants the better.
    All for that - however VERY important that the public are not fed BS and lies and that results are not misrepresented or embellished, otherwise the expectations of the vulnerable hair loss sufferer will most certainly leave them very disappointed and deceived at the end of the day. Lets face it deception is an only too common industry attribute
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

That's why we have this forum. I think that all doctors and consultants might not give the full story on their websites or when they meet with people. They will always put their best foot forward. This is why the Bald Truth is so important.

I agree 100%, not disclosing you are wearing concealer when speaking or showing off your hair transplant is being completely deceptive and misleading.

As we have learned always embrace your haters and I also agree. Haters never have a logical answer to a valid point or question but it still is always a good idea to put them in their place.

Focusing on the positives makes for very poor decision making and makes absolutely zero sense. I’m sure Joe Rogan of UFC fame was focusing just on the positives when he decided or was led to believe that having his strip procedure was a good idea. He is now referring to the scar on the back of his now shaved head as a vagina smile, I guess that’s keeping it positive almost everyone likes a good vagina.

I hope that bit of reality is not being too negative.

Yeah, it all seems pretty disingenuous to me. I can understand if Jason Gardener was wearing concealer if he was promoting for a movie or making a media appearance. Everyone wants to look good, especially an actor, and they don't want the oftentimes vicious media to make fun of them for having a bald spot. But if you're putting yourself out there to be a walking positive representation of hair transplant results, then it is very disingenuous and "false advertising" to put concealer on. It will obviously trick the public into thinking that he got much better results from his hair transplant than he actually did. And if he didn't feel comfortable showing a bald spot on TV, then don't advertise your hair transplant on UK TV. After all, he does widely advertise his results all over the internet (hairline results, not results on the back of his head). Hell, I was even on one of my rock n roll websites the other day and there was an advertisement for Ziering Medical with a photo of Jason Gardener.
    But I don't know, I'm very skeptical of lots of HT surgeons, even ones that are part of the IAHRS. Because if they've been practicing long enough, then it's all but assured that they at one time used the primitive plugs in hair transplantation, since FUT and FUE weren't made available back then. And everyone knows that those plugs looked awful, unnatural, and were a downright mess.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdav View Post
    [Personally, I would have Mr Ziering removed from the website, as he was sat next to him on the sofa chatting away and taking all the credit.

They should be avoided if they are prepared to deceive the public like this.
    Is this show available for viewing so I can see for myself if Dr. Ziering actually attempted to deceive any one.

Most men who do their due diligence about hair transplant surgery will know that the vertex is rarely treated with hair transplant surgery. Without being able to actually see the show you are talking about, I cannot know that an actual attempt to deceive the public happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Is this show available for viewing so I can see for myself if Dr. Ziering actually attempted to deceive any one.
    Tracy,

Towards the end of the article there's a shot of the front and crown from the TV appearance on 'This Morning'- a UK breakfast show.

Jason had the HT and made his TV appearance with concealer. He wanted to look his best and as a person in showbiz it's somewhat acceptable to have a HT/ to fix the problem, but not to cake your head in make-up to disguise your loss.

Of course this implied that that hair seen on TV was purely the result of the HT. Jason did nothing to dispel this.

Quote Originally Posted by stratofortress View Post
    Of course this implied that that hair seen on TV was purely the result of the HT. Jason did nothing to dispel this.
    So... Where and when during this show did Dr. Ziering himself imply that this patients results as seen during this show were completely from the hair transplant surgery he performed? I can agree that the fact that Jason himself did nothing to dispel this is unethical - but where, when and how did Dr. Ziering himself intentionally mislead anyone?

It is obvious that the OP wants to discredit Dr. Ziering, who is a very well respected doctor. Since that is the case, the OP needs to show solid proof that the doctor himself did in fact intentionally try to mislead people. I do not see proof of that in this article. I would like to see the show.

I reckon that the fact that Dr. Ziering was sitting there next to him on that same show - without saying anything about that the results that were shown were not solely because of the HT is misleading enough.

I also seem to recall that he came on this board and said that to his knowledge NO hair make-up was used in that show. Shouldn't he have known better?

And if he is there to show off his work - shouldn't he have made sure that what was shown WAS actually his work?

Quote Originally Posted by Gubter_87 View Post
    I reckon that the fact that Dr. Ziering was sitting there next to him on that same show - without saying anything about that the results that were shown were not solely because of the HT is misleading enough.
    Was Dr. Ziering sitting there next to him? I have not seen the show so I do not know. The article implies the possibility that D. Ziering may have been participating in that show via teleconference. If that is the case, Dr, Ziering may not have been able to see what everyone else was seeing. I have not seen the show, so I do not know if he was physically present or not. Did you see the show? When the OP is actively trying to discredit a well respected doctor, details like this are very impotant. The details matter. If Dr. Ziering was physically present during the show or had any means what so ever of seeing what everyone else was seeing, then yes Dr. Ziering needs to answer for his actions.