+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thumbs up 3/4/2012 show was GOOD

Although there had not been any new clinical information to speak of, the overall ability to be able to express yourself and 'unload' personal anxieties due to hair loss is great. Think of it, you were NOT ABLE to talk about your hair loss with anyone prior to this forum/show. Spencer, I'm glad that you took the initiative to start something like this. Last night was my first time to be in the chat room and ill be there next week as well. Joe, you had expressed a lot of negativity in the chat room but keep this in mind. Your LUCKY in this day and age to be able to do that amongst others who are experiencing the same as you. Please don't think that I'm being critical or attacking because I'm not. We will all see something develop for us. To what degree we do not know but its coming. Have a great day brothers and sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Although there had not been any new clinical information to speak of, the overall ability to be able to express yourself and 'unload' personal anxieties due to hair loss is great. Think of it, you were NOT ABLE to talk about your hair loss with anyone prior to this forum/show. Spencer, I'm glad that you took the initiative to start something like this. Last night was my first time to be in the chat room and ill be there next week as well. Joe, you had expressed a lot of negativity in the chat room but keep this in mind. Your LUCKY in this day and age to be able to do that amongst others who are experiencing the same as you. Please don't think that I'm being critical or attacking because I'm not. We will all see something develop for us. To what degree we do not know but its coming. Have a great day brothers and sisters.
    That’s what the show is all about. Spencer Kobren has been my hair loss therapist for years without even knowing it. I would be a mess If I didn’t have him and the show. I’m not joking. I don't know if Spencer realizes how important he is to so many of our lives. Joe from Staten Island is certainly a character, but you learn to love him. He’s a very negative person and I think he has some real mental issues, but he’s a good guy. It shows just how kind of a man Spencer is to make Joe a part of the show.

Default Payday -

I agree with you on all counts. Thank you Spencer for doing what you do.

Where can we watch/listen to it, having missed it last night?

Default it will be on Spencer's podcast

--at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Joe, you had expressed a lot of negativity in the chat room but keep this in mind. Your LUCKY in this day and age to be able to do that amongst others who are experiencing the same as you. Please don't think that I'm being critical or attacking because I'm not.
    I need to say that I was very offended when Joe from Staten Island called us haters for disagreeing with him when he said hair loss is worse than cancer. The whole idea really upset me. I've lost close family members to cancer. I know the pain cancer causes a family all too well. I am unable to wrap my head around how or why Joe can feel this way.

Joe's story breaks my heart. His story is not too dissimilar from mine. I was also a hermit for almost a decade before I finally broke down. When that happened I started wearing hair as I also started treating my hair loss. Making the decision to wear hair hand treat my hair loss dramatically improved the quality of my life and I feel it could also improve Joe's quality of life - if he would only open his mind and try. I mean he wears a bandage and cap all the time anyway so what is the difference? There are many prosthetic hair systems that do look very natural. Certainly more natural than wearing a bandage on your head all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I need to say that I was very offended when Joe from Staten Island called us haters for disagreeing with him when he said hair loss is worse than cancer. The whole idea really upset me. I've lost close family members to cancer. I know the pain cancer causes a family all too well. I am unable to wrap my head around how or why Joe can feel this way.

Joe's story breaks my heart. His story is not too dissimilar from mine. I was also a hermit for almost a decade before I finally broke down. When that happened I started wearing hair as I also started treating my hair loss. Making the decision to wear hair hand treat my hair loss dramatically improved the quality of my life and I feel it could also improve Joe's quality of life - if he would only open his mind and try. I mean he wears a bandage and cap all the time anyway so what is the difference? There are many prosthetic hair systems that do look very natural. Certainly more natural than wearing a bandage on your head all the time.
    Some people you can't help.
    Tracy You a great person, Joe is a little confused. But his story is understood.
    He is not going to change. I too would agree about hairloss not being life threatening. But what the hell.
    Just ignore him when he says crap.

Quote Originally Posted by bob13 View Post
    He is not going to change.
    People can change. Anyone can change, no matter who they are or where they stand in life.

Joe is one person who can not change. I've been listening for many years and Spencer has tried to help him so many times. He offered to get him free hair transplants or anything he needs. Joe refuses to wear a hair system and I am positive that if Spencer Kobren hooks him up it would be a great one. Joe will not be happy until he can grow all of his hair back. Don't pay too much attention to Joe's rants Tracy, I don't think he means any harm, he's not a happy man and believes hair loss is the worst thing that can happen to anyone I disagree with him, but I like it when he calls in.

Default Joe doesnt mean any harm- is true.

Hey Tracy, sorry to hear about your family losses. I lost my father 4 years ago due to cancer as well. In my opinion Joe is being expressive but had no intentions to disturb or insult anyone. Lets all hang in there with guarded optimism>! Better times are ahead during our lifetime.