+ Reply to Thread

Default H/T due with Dr G.Charles

Im 28 from the u.k and have been on finestride and minoxidil for a few years now. hair started to receed at 21 and happened pretty quickly. temples are bare and hairline is back a bit. Over the last 4/5 years my hairloss has'nt worsened and it's about the same as my fathers. Even though i Know minoxidil does'nt really work on the temples iv been using it once a night there (habit), and generic fin 1/4 every other day. After doin some research I found Dr Glenn Charles a reccomended physician and well priced. It had to be as was never keen to get h/t done in another country but homework tells me it's better across the pond. So on 30th april I have 1800 grafts fut or fug as Dr Charles calls it. Hopefully fill in the temples a bit and bring hairline forward slightly too. Look forward to it and am told im in safe hands.

Congrats Dean, and yes you are indeed in good hands.

It's nice to see that your graft count is appropriate for your age and the amount of recession to date.

Also encouraging to see that your hairloss has stabilized! You are definitely doing the right things and can tell that you did your homework, an ongoing process no doubt.

Best wishes to you and the end result is probably going to look like Dr. Charles tuned back the clock of time on you!

Let us know how things went when you get post-op.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

That the plan, to let other brits know more so it does'nt all seem so daunting for them. Will post pre/post op pics and step bysetep details like many have that helped me.

Thumbs up

I agree with Gil - Good choice. I'm also a UK resident who is in a similar siuation (although I'm 33) so please update us on how things go. One question, considering you are having a relatively small session, did you consider FUE at all. I understand Dr Charles has good expertise in this area.

I know FUE won't leave you with a strip scar at the back and less scar visability at front but it came down to cost. Rather strip with a reputable physician than FUE with an unknown one. If I get a few numbers on the lottery maybe in the future

Thumbs up

That's a sound argument I suppose. To be honest though, for an 1800 graft case, I would have opted for FUE (if price was the obstacle) and saved the extra few thousand. Good luck with it though, never heard a bad word about Dr Charles!

Dean, do you have any photos of your hair as it is now? I think 1800 is around the number I'd need, but I'm curious exactly how your hairline will be shaped.