X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lindsey
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Dec 2008

Dense pack repair of FUE by Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

This young man presented with unhappiness over his previous surgery performed elsewhere. He said that he’d had 250 FUE’s done and was told to do the entire front with about 700 FUE’s in 3 sessions by the doctor. When he presented to me, it looked like fairly large punches were utilized.
    I offered him a strip surgery, to both pack the entire thinning area, and to excise some of his scarred donor area.
    When his hair was cut down to ¼ inch for slit placement, you can count the fairly chuncky grafts previously placed, and we simply packed lots of hair around them and in the entire recipient zone.
    Shown are periop, 1week, and 6 week pictures when most of our work has already shed. Hopefully we’ll see some growth in early summer and a final picture next holiday season. He received 2071 grafts for this repair case.
    Dr. Lindsey, McLean VA
    Attached Files
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile
  • chrisis
    • Feb 2012

Wow that first job is so bad. I'm just new to this topic and know that number of grafts is way too low! It's unbelievable that these doctors get away with it. Why aren't they sued or their licenses revoked? It's malpractice surely.

Comment

• Dr. Lindsey
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Dec 2008

Well let me state that I wasn't there for his first case and none of us know what was offered or done, etc.

Secondly, while I'm not a lawyer, malpractice has to show some damage, caused by a derelection of duty, by a doctor significantly breaching the standard of care. Probably not going to get that requirement met with a poor outcome.

I think the best option for patients is to educate themselves as much as they can BEFORE they have their first surgery. Seeing a couple of doctors, researching online in forums such as this, and seeing or meeting patients is the best way to educate yourself prior to making a big decision.

Every week I see at least one person who has had a bad experience somewhere and looks like they overpaid for an underwhelming result, and then they often want a repair job at a deep discount since they've spent so much money already.

The best prevention for that problem is PRE-DECISION education.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA
      William Lindsey, MD
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...