+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Something new?

Quote Originally Posted by paradigmshift View Post
    As was discussed before, Ron Holland is a self-important, tax-dodging psycho who has yet to make a real product.

That Ziering joined hands with Biologix doesn't increase the latter's credibility, but decreases the credibility of Ziering and everything he is associated with: Histogen. He is not a scientist in the classical sense; he is barely a clinician. He just appears to be enthusiastic and savvy about hairloss.

Clearly, all for naught. These guys have no passion for solving hairloss. They just want to create an uproar out of gullible followers so that they can swindle investors in the name libertarianism. Honestly... good on them for beating the system.

I would rather pay attention to real scientists... even if they are not marketing the crap out of themselves.
    That's exactly what I thought - scary and in no way helpful to Ziering's reputation. Hopefully this is not directly linked to Histogen.

However, let's not spread around negative rumors about people when we don't really know what they are up to

Again, and to reiterate, Spencer should talk about this on the Bald Truth. Enough stories from guys calling in with the same tired dialogue; we don't care. Take Propecia, or don't, whatever.

We care about cutting edge treatments and technologies, which are only at times highlighted in the first minutes of the show, by Joe from Staten Island.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Read the thread.
    Really? Why bother to reply if that's all you're going to say? I'm inquiring if there's anything new that someone knows. I can read, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Again, and to reiterate, Spencer should talk about this on the Bald Truth. Enough stories from guys calling in with the same tired dialogue; we don't care. Take Propecia, or don't, whatever.

We care about cutting edge treatments and technologies, which are only at times highlighted in the first minutes of the show, by Joe from Staten Island.
    I quote BUT will also say that - and I may be wrong - I have the impression that Spencer knows more than the general public about what will come out in the near future. I get this idea when I see him respond to Joe from Staten Island on the show... he's kind of evasive in my opinion.

For example I think it would make sense for him to have more insight into Histogen's real potential, given his connections. I mean once you're in phase 2 and you've got results, if you're the CEO of Histogen you can kind of tell where the product is going to lead to (although there is always a chance for improvement or new problems), so someone close to these people like Spencer may have had a chance to ask some direct questions...

And I noticed he has also been talking a lot about how life goes on if you have AGA, sort of like to prepare people for some potential bad news... But maybe I'm going too far now...

All we can do is wait and hope that Histogen will tell us that at the 2 year mark growth continues and all subjects responded to the injections (that would be awesome news and I don't think it's impossible given what they have shown in their press release in October)

I doubt that Biologix is a pure snake oil but I also doubt that this will come to market anytime soon.

Their product is based on the inflammatory theory and we all know that inflammatory plays a certain role in Hair-loss - PGD2 also works as an anti inflammatory to a certain extend.

But Biologix apparently uses 2 compounds which are already licensed and FDA approved by other pharma companies and these are not willing to allow the use of their products for this therapy or in clinical trails (After all, its pure business politics ...). So at the moment they are not even trying to get a FDA clearance for this because they don't even have a product that is fully owned by them and allows them to apply for it.

They established a partnership with the Beijing Institute of Technology and trying to find/develop a substitute that works in the same way then the two already existing but protected compounds do. Well see.

Anyway, even if it would be real and lets imagine they find the substitute tomorrow. We are still looking at 4 to 6 years before market approval in the western world.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBrainwash View Post
    I doubt that Biologix is a pure snake oil but I also doubt that this will come to market anytime soon.

Their product is based on the inflammatory theory and we all know that inflammatory plays a certain role in Hair-loss - PGD2 also works as an anti inflammatory to a certain extend.

But Biologix apparently uses 2 compounds which are already licensed and FDA approved by other pharma companies and these are not willing to allow the use of their products for this therapy or in clinical trails (After all, its pure business politics ...). So at the moment they are not even trying to get a FDA clearance for this because they don't even have a product that is fully owned by them and allows them to apply for it.

They established a partnership with the Beijing Institute of Technology and trying to find/develop a substitute that works in the same way then the two already existing but protected compounds do. Well see.

Anyway, even if it would be real and lets imagine they find the substitute tomorrow. We are still looking at 4 to 6 years before market approval in the western world.

How did you find this information?

Do you have a source? Not doubting it, but just wondering where you got this info cause I've kinda been researching biologix and haven't come across it (but not to deeply).

Thought I might update this:

TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - April 24, 2013) - Biologix Hair Inc. (OTCBB:BLGX) (OTCQB:BLGX) is pleased to announce the appointment of Arthur G. Handal M.D., F.A.C.S. to the Company's Medical Advisory Board.
    Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Arthur G. Handal's interest in plastic/cosmetic surgery began at the Chicago/UHS Medical School and became focused during his residency at State University New York. Handal gained early acceptance into the SUNY/Kings County Medical Center and upon completion of his residency, he continued surgical training with prestigious fellowships in aesthetic surgery in association with the University of Miami and hand surgery at Hartford Hospital in Connecticut. For more than 20 years, Dr. Handal has dedicated his practice to aesthetic plastic surgery.
    Dr. Handal's private, professional Sanctuary Surgical Center, affiliated with the Boca Raton Community Hospital offers surgery and pre- and post-operative care in a state of the art, fully licensed facility accredited at the highest level as an ambulatory surgical center, and offers a full range of aesthetic services.
    He is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American College of Surgeons, Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, Palm Beach County Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Florida Medical Association, Palm Beach County Medical Society and the American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery. Dr. Handal offers cutting-edge techniques and innovations to his patients, developed through attending the major professional meetings several times a year.
    Dr. Arthur Handal commented, "I am pleased to become part of the Biologix Hair Inc. team by serving on its Medical Advisory Board. The ongoing R&D efforts being undertaken by Biologix with the Beijing Institute of Technology and level of professionalism with which the Company is working toward application for regulatory agency approval is a smart strategy. I am particularly impressed with the attention being paid to developing an international distribution channel of licensed clinicians and medical practitioners in advance of FDA approval thereby readying Biologix to penetrate the global market potential for its Biologix Hair Therapy System™."
    Ron Holland, Biologix Hair Inc. CEO and Director, welcomed Dr. Handal, commenting: "Dr. Handal's experience and knowledge are of vast benefit to Biologix and we are grateful he's consented to serve on the Biologix Medical Advisory Board. As we further build out the global network of clinicians who wish to become Certified Biologix Hair Therapists™ as well as maintain our ongoing R&D efforts, the advice offered by members of our Medical Advisory Board will be integral to our continuing development. We welcome Dr. Handal to the Biologix team."
    It seems another fairly prestigious doctor has become a part of Biologix...

Anyways, what I found more interesting is this piece which I found while trying to do more research on what exactly biologix is doing in Beijing

http://www.biologixhair.com/default/...iveReagent.pdf

If you don't want to read it all - basically the research and development going on at the Beijing Institute of Technology is making the formulation more stable as previously, during trials in South America it was mixed on the spot (a total of 7 ingredients). They're working on making a formulation with all 7 ingredients and making it stable for atleast 6 (preferably 12 months) in various conditions. Furthermore they're looking to change the PH of it as to not cause any discomfort during injections (one can only assume that might've been a problem in the South American trials). Naturally, they don't let us know any of the ingredients save for one, which is Biotin.

Anyways - the Research & Dev was set to take 14 months. The report was published in April 2012. So assuming thats when research started, they should be wrapping up sometime June of this year. However, we have no idea when R&D actually started so it's pure speculation.

It couldve been June or July 2012 or even later for all we know:

http://www.biologixhair.com/investor...of-technology/

http://www.biologixhair.com/investor...of-technology/

Seems so, doesn't it? But how do you determine prestige?

In research, prestige comes from publications (especially in known/respectable journals). I as a grad student have more publications than all these guys at Biologix put together. The vast majority of them are businessmen, not scientists or clinicians. The few that have published clinical work are tag-along authors, not principal investigators or primary authors. Credibility-wise, that's really really bad.

In medicine there is a significant intellectual rift between bona fide physician scientists and GPs/PCPs. The latter make the money and retire, but the former contribute to science and are remembered forever. Biologix has no physician scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by paradigmshift View Post
    Seems so, doesn't it? But how do you determine prestige?

In research, prestige comes from publications (especially in known/respectable journals). I as a grad student have more publications than all these guys at Biologix put together. The vast majority of them are businessmen, not scientists or clinicians. The few that have published clinical work are tag-along authors, not principal investigators or primary authors. Credibility-wise, that's really really bad.

In medicine there is a significant intellectual rift between bona fide physician scientists and GPs/PCPs. The latter make the money and retire, but the former contribute to science and are remembered forever. Biologix has no physician scientists.
    Ok, maybe I used the wrong word. Not really looking to get into an arguement/debate. But regardless, all I'm saying is that having people like Ziering join Biologix does add some credibility in MY eyes.

But anyways - I was more interested in the second part of my post about the BIT and their r&d deal.

Thumbs up

Biologix are presenting their results at the world congress next month.

Might be interesting.