+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Rogaine + Nizoral

Started Rogaine and Nizoral yesterday, looking to keep my progress here to track how I'm doing. A question I do have though is can you use Rogaine on your hair if it's still wet? and also i know people say to use it on all thinning areas, but the instructions say only use half a capfull.. that's not enough.. Just looking for any info, thanks. Also I'll post pictures for before of my progress and try to keep the lighting, angle and hairstyle the same.

Quote Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
    Started Rogaine and Nizoral yesterday, looking to keep my progress here to track how I'm doing. A question I do have though is can you use Rogaine on your hair if it's still wet? and also i know people say to use it on all thinning areas, but the instructions say only use half a capfull.. that's not enough.. Just looking for any info, thanks. Also I'll post pictures for before of my progress and try to keep the lighting, angle and hairstyle the same.
    bro wait for your hair to dry, you will have terrible systematic absorption and really have bad sides like me if you apply when wet.

I did it dry too, assuming i did it wet it would be worse I assume.
    Anyways that's what I've heard, wet is a no no.

Do whatever it works with rogaine, for example I mantained some growth at the temples with only one dose a day.

It depends man, do not go over the recommended dose though you might have sides and might have to drop rogaine and that would suck because it is good for mantaining those follicles alive.

Hopefully rogaine works for you and you can keep your hair until new treatments come.

A question I do have though is can you use Rogaine on your hair if it's still wet?
    The instructions for Rogaine say you can put the medicine in while your hair is towel dry damp. In fact for women this is the best way.

http://www.rogaine.com/women/how-to-apply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiXakIxcYv0

Honestly, it is debatable if putting it in while your hair is wet is bad or not. I personally do not believe it is bad but I am not a doctor.

...and also i know people say to use it on all thinning areas, but the instructions say only use half a capfull.. that's not enough...
    Half a capfull is enough. Make sure to run cold water over your hand before dispencing the medicine onto your hand. This prevents the medicine from melting in your hand faster than you can apply it. Focus your application on thin areas in your vertex and mid-anterior. Then wipe the medicine off your fingers in your hair line before washing your hands.

Thanks Maradona and TracyC for the replies, Ill stop applying it when wet, i have noticed though that its harder to apply when the hair is dry. I have long hair and it covers up my hairloss pretty well, just a some thinning in the crown that's troubling me. But in the sides its gotten a bit more thinner over the past year and i've read that you can apply rogaine to all thinning areas on the head it would still work the same as in the vertex. But if I do apply rogaine to that, half a capfull doesn't seem like enough. But I don't wanna risk sides so ill stick with the half and do the best i can with it. Even with running my fingers under cold water and all it still melts fast.

Another question, i have hear people doing okay with applying it once a day and im only applying it at night right now. is that okay? or should i be doing it twice?

Thanks Maradona and TracyC for the replies, Ill stop applying it when wet, i have noticed though that its harder to apply when the hair is dry. I have long hair and it covers up my hairloss pretty well, just a some thinning in the crown that's troubling me. But in the sides its gotten a bit more thinner over the past year and i've read that you can apply rogaine to all thinning areas on the head it would still work the same as in the vertex. But if I do apply rogaine to that, half a capfull doesn't seem like enough. But I don't wanna risk sides so ill stick with the half and do the best i can with it. Even with running my fingers under cold water and all it still melts fast.

Another question, i have hear people doing okay with applying it once a day and im only applying it at night right now. is that okay? or should i be doing it twice?
    Bro if you dont have sides, go ahead with two a day.

Very few have success with once a day, that was me but I had crazy sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Bro if you dont have sides, go ahead with two a day.

Very few have success with once a day, that was me but I had crazy sides.
    Not to change the subject, but can I ask what side effects you had on minoxidil?

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Not to change the subject, but can I ask what side effects you had on minoxidil?
    dark rings around eyes, bloated face, heart palpitations, chest pain.

i could deal with any side but the heart palpitations, chest pain were too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    dark rings around eyes, bloated face, heart palpitations, chest pain.

i could deal with any side but the heart palpitations, chest pain were too much.
    That really does suck you couldn't stay on rogaine man, I haven't noticed any sides yet, been on it like 3 weeks now. But I'm still only doing one dose a day. Think I should bump it up to 2 now?

And Tracy, I'm going to start applying it when my hair is towel dry, otherwise my hair has a weird sticky like texture after.

Also, I know I said I'm going to post pictures to track my progress, but my camera is a phone, which is terrible quality. Waiting to get something better so I can have a better quality picture.

While you've been doing this single dosage daily, i'd like to ask that since its your third week of application, have you encountered 'the shed' yet.