Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cleverusername
    • Nov 2011

Rogaine + Nizoral

Started Rogaine and Nizoral yesterday, looking to keep my progress here to track how I'm doing. A question I do have though is can you use Rogaine on your hair if it's still wet? and also i know people say to use it on all thinning areas, but the instructions say only use half a capfull.. that's not enough.. Just looking for any info, thanks. Also I'll post pictures for before of my progress and try to keep the lighting, angle and hairstyle the same.
  • Maradona
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by cleverusername
    Started Rogaine and Nizoral yesterday, looking to keep my progress here to track how I'm doing. A question I do have though is can you use Rogaine on your hair if it's still wet? and also i know people say to use it on all thinning areas, but the instructions say only use half a capfull.. that's not enough.. Just looking for any info, thanks. Also I'll post pictures for before of my progress and try to keep the lighting, angle and hairstyle the same.
    bro wait for your hair to dry, you will have terrible systematic absorption and really have bad sides like me if you apply when wet.

I did it dry too, assuming i did it wet it would be worse I assume.
    Anyways that's what I've heard, wet is a no no.

Do whatever it works with rogaine, for example I mantained some growth at the temples with only one dose a day.

It depends man, do not go over the recommended dose though you might have sides and might have to drop rogaine and that would suck because it is good for mantaining those follicles alive.

Hopefully rogaine works for you and you can keep your hair until new treatments come.

Comment

• Tracy C
      • Sep 2011

A question I do have though is can you use Rogaine on your hair if it's still wet?
      The instructions for Rogaine say you can put the medicine in while your hair is towel dry damp. In fact for women this is the best way.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Honestly, it is debatable if putting it in while your hair is wet is bad or not. I personally do not believe it is bad but I am not a doctor.

...and also i know people say to use it on all thinning areas, but the instructions say only use half a capfull.. that's not enough...
      Half a capfull is enough. Make sure to run cold water over your hand before dispencing the medicine onto your hand. This prevents the medicine from melting in your hand faster than you can apply it. Focus your application on thin areas in your vertex and mid-anterior. Then wipe the medicine off your fingers in your hair line before washing your hands.

Comment

• cleverusername
        • Nov 2011

Thanks Maradona and TracyC for the replies, Ill stop applying it when wet, i have noticed though that its harder to apply when the hair is dry. I have long hair and it covers up my hairloss pretty well, just a some thinning in the crown that's troubling me. But in the sides its gotten a bit more thinner over the past year and i've read that you can apply rogaine to all thinning areas on the head it would still work the same as in the vertex. But if I do apply rogaine to that, half a capfull doesn't seem like enough. But I don't wanna risk sides so ill stick with the half and do the best i can with it. Even with running my fingers under cold water and all it still melts fast.

Another question, i have hear people doing okay with applying it once a day and im only applying it at night right now. is that okay? or should i be doing it twice?

Comment

• Maradona
          • Nov 2011

Thanks Maradona and TracyC for the replies, Ill stop applying it when wet, i have noticed though that its harder to apply when the hair is dry. I have long hair and it covers up my hairloss pretty well, just a some thinning in the crown that's troubling me. But in the sides its gotten a bit more thinner over the past year and i've read that you can apply rogaine to all thinning areas on the head it would still work the same as in the vertex. But if I do apply rogaine to that, half a capfull doesn't seem like enough. But I don't wanna risk sides so ill stick with the half and do the best i can with it. Even with running my fingers under cold water and all it still melts fast.

Another question, i have hear people doing okay with applying it once a day and im only applying it at night right now. is that okay? or should i be doing it twice?
          Bro if you dont have sides, go ahead with two a day.

Very few have success with once a day, that was me but I had crazy sides.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Maradona
            Bro if you dont have sides, go ahead with two a day.

Very few have success with once a day, that was me but I had crazy sides.
            Not to change the subject, but can I ask what side effects you had on minoxidil?

Comment

• Maradona
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
              Not to change the subject, but can I ask what side effects you had on minoxidil?
              dark rings around eyes, bloated face, heart palpitations, chest pain.

i could deal with any side but the heart palpitations, chest pain were too much.

Comment

• cleverusername
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Maradona
                dark rings around eyes, bloated face, heart palpitations, chest pain.

i could deal with any side but the heart palpitations, chest pain were too much.
                That really does suck you couldn't stay on rogaine man, I haven't noticed any sides yet, been on it like 3 weeks now. But I'm still only doing one dose a day. Think I should bump it up to 2 now?

And Tracy, I'm going to start applying it when my hair is towel dry, otherwise my hair has a weird sticky like texture after.

Comment

• cleverusername
                  • Nov 2011

Also, I know I said I'm going to post pictures to track my progress, but my camera is a phone, which is terrible quality. Waiting to get something better so I can have a better quality picture.

Comment

• jassi12
                    • Mar 2012

While you've been doing this single dosage daily, i'd like to ask that since its your third week of application, have you encountered 'the shed' yet.

Comment

• cleverusername
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by jassi12
                      While you've been doing this single dosage daily, i'd like to ask that since its your third week of application, have you encountered 'the shed' yet.
                      It's really hard to say man, I am shedding a decent amount now, but I wasn't really counting before. I'd say I'm still shedding roughly the same amount as before. Maybe a little less. The first 2 pictures I attached were from when I first joined the forum in i think November last year, the other 2 are from tonight. My hair is still a little damp in the last 2 but I don't think it's gotten much worse since I joined.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• cleverusername
                        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Highlander
                        Christ, not another. That is the crown of your head. 90% of people have exactly what you have, and have since childhood. Hair is thin and swirls out around the crown. That is why you often get a small part of your scalp showing.

It is EXTREMELY unlikely you are losing hair there without first have significant recession of the hairline OR significant overall thinning. I get the impression that a lot of young guys are falling victim to thinking this is hairloss. Because before you start losing hair you never pay attention to your it (thus thinking you never had things like this before).

Look at all the NW3 and higher people. They have lost hair at the front, but at the back it is pretty well always the same thickness as the sides. It takes until much later stages of hairloss for the crown to even begin thinning.
                        Uhh actually I have recession of the hairline as well. Just didn't take a picture. And my hair looks worse in person. I have thinning in the middle region of my vertex but my hair is long so it's kind of hard to tell. I can't imagine what it would look like short. I also have thinning in the sides, but it's not as noticeable.

Comment

Working...