Rogaine + Nizoral - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    214

    Default Rogaine + Nizoral

    Started Rogaine and Nizoral yesterday, looking to keep my progress here to track how I'm doing. A question I do have though is can you use Rogaine on your hair if it's still wet? and also i know people say to use it on all thinning areas, but the instructions say only use half a capfull.. that's not enough.. Just looking for any info, thanks. Also I'll post pictures for before of my progress and try to keep the lighting, angle and hairstyle the same.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
    Started Rogaine and Nizoral yesterday, looking to keep my progress here to track how I'm doing. A question I do have though is can you use Rogaine on your hair if it's still wet? and also i know people say to use it on all thinning areas, but the instructions say only use half a capfull.. that's not enough.. Just looking for any info, thanks. Also I'll post pictures for before of my progress and try to keep the lighting, angle and hairstyle the same.
    bro wait for your hair to dry, you will have terrible systematic absorption and really have bad sides like me if you apply when wet.

    I did it dry too, assuming i did it wet it would be worse I assume.
    Anyways that's what I've heard, wet is a no no.

    Do whatever it works with rogaine, for example I mantained some growth at the temples with only one dose a day.

    It depends man, do not go over the recommended dose though you might have sides and might have to drop rogaine and that would suck because it is good for mantaining those follicles alive.

    Hopefully rogaine works for you and you can keep your hair until new treatments come.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
    A question I do have though is can you use Rogaine on your hair if it's still wet?
    The instructions for Rogaine say you can put the medicine in while your hair is towel dry damp. In fact for women this is the best way.

    http://www.rogaine.com/women/how-to-apply

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiXakIxcYv0


    Honestly, it is debatable if putting it in while your hair is wet is bad or not. I personally do not believe it is bad but I am not a doctor.



    Quote Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
    ...and also i know people say to use it on all thinning areas, but the instructions say only use half a capfull.. that's not enough...
    Half a capfull is enough. Make sure to run cold water over your hand before dispencing the medicine onto your hand. This prevents the medicine from melting in your hand faster than you can apply it. Focus your application on thin areas in your vertex and mid-anterior. Then wipe the medicine off your fingers in your hair line before washing your hands.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Thanks Maradona and TracyC for the replies, Ill stop applying it when wet, i have noticed though that its harder to apply when the hair is dry. I have long hair and it covers up my hairloss pretty well, just a some thinning in the crown that's troubling me. But in the sides its gotten a bit more thinner over the past year and i've read that you can apply rogaine to all thinning areas on the head it would still work the same as in the vertex. But if I do apply rogaine to that, half a capfull doesn't seem like enough. But I don't wanna risk sides so ill stick with the half and do the best i can with it. Even with running my fingers under cold water and all it still melts fast.

    Another question, i have hear people doing okay with applying it once a day and im only applying it at night right now. is that okay? or should i be doing it twice?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cleverusername View Post
    Thanks Maradona and TracyC for the replies, Ill stop applying it when wet, i have noticed though that its harder to apply when the hair is dry. I have long hair and it covers up my hairloss pretty well, just a some thinning in the crown that's troubling me. But in the sides its gotten a bit more thinner over the past year and i've read that you can apply rogaine to all thinning areas on the head it would still work the same as in the vertex. But if I do apply rogaine to that, half a capfull doesn't seem like enough. But I don't wanna risk sides so ill stick with the half and do the best i can with it. Even with running my fingers under cold water and all it still melts fast.

    Another question, i have hear people doing okay with applying it once a day and im only applying it at night right now. is that okay? or should i be doing it twice?
    Bro if you dont have sides, go ahead with two a day.

    Very few have success with once a day, that was me but I had crazy sides.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Bro if you dont have sides, go ahead with two a day.

    Very few have success with once a day, that was me but I had crazy sides.
    Not to change the subject, but can I ask what side effects you had on minoxidil?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Not to change the subject, but can I ask what side effects you had on minoxidil?
    dark rings around eyes, bloated face, heart palpitations, chest pain.

    i could deal with any side but the heart palpitations, chest pain were too much.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    dark rings around eyes, bloated face, heart palpitations, chest pain.

    i could deal with any side but the heart palpitations, chest pain were too much.
    That really does suck you couldn't stay on rogaine man, I haven't noticed any sides yet, been on it like 3 weeks now. But I'm still only doing one dose a day. Think I should bump it up to 2 now?

    And Tracy, I'm going to start applying it when my hair is towel dry, otherwise my hair has a weird sticky like texture after.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Also, I know I said I'm going to post pictures to track my progress, but my camera is a phone, which is terrible quality. Waiting to get something better so I can have a better quality picture.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7

    Default

    While you've been doing this single dosage daily, i'd like to ask that since its your third week of application, have you encountered 'the shed' yet.

Similar Threads

  1. How best to use NIZORAL ?
    By Kirkland21 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-24-2012, 12:45 AM
  2. My Treatment Diary (Fin, Rogaine, Nizoral)
    By sch89 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 08:20 AM
  3. Should I be using Nizoral?
    By lucrio in forum Men's Hair Loss: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 09:20 PM
  4. Nizoral CREAM vs Nizoral shampoo
    By whynot in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 09:20 PM
  5. Nizoral
    By heynow1234 in forum Hair Loss Treatments
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-09-2009, 03:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Two consultations, two opposing opinions?
07-03-2022 10:55 AM
by JFR
Last Post By JFR
Today 02:40 AM
1600 FUE results, short hair, interview, Dr. Lindsey
02-16-2022 04:59 AM
Last Post By joana
Yesterday 07:31 PM
Celebrity Hairline Disasters - How To Avoid the Kyle Christie Effect
02-16-2018 02:47 PM
Last Post By cpahar90
Yesterday 04:06 AM
Question on number of grafts
Yesterday 02:30 AM
Last Post By Omorac1981
Yesterday 04:02 AM
11.06.20 Koray Erdogan 5000 Greft Results
04-18-2022 08:41 AM
by 110620
Last Post By totoking
07-05-2022 11:01 PM