+ Reply to Thread
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Default I just saw a commercial for ancestry

This woman speaks about how wonderful it was to find so much info on her great great grandfather. Then she mentions a discovered vintage photo -
    " he looks exactly like my father, well except that my father has NO HAIR"
    She just HAD to point that fact out- i guess thats suppose to be a bit of added ancestry levity. If her father had lost one of his ears would that difference be needed to POINT OUT too? ( Dont know why i decided to post this )

Interesting. I can see where that could be somewhat helpful in determining how strong hereditary hair loss might run in a family.

You've apparently missed the one where the guy in the commercial is like a NW5-6 and is talking about his ancestry and finds out his great grand fathers/uncles were barbers so he "comes from a long line of hair" and proceeds to run his hand over his head and kind of shrug.

But whats funny is that in the pictures of those "barbers" they show - they're all wearing hats that would perfectly conceal all but a NW6+

While the commercials may *seem* to demean the fact, I would like to spin the positive and say that they are openly talking about being bald and not necessarily putting it in a negative light. The more acceptance our mass media and culture give towards it the better.

I think of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine is dating a guy who is bald - but by choice so its okay. But then when she asks him to grow his hair out he realizes he's balding and she immediately turns her attitude. Then they show the guy going all depressed etc but then he talks to George about being positive and living life to its fullest. The episode contains both very negative aspects but also positive aspects of bald(ing).

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Default hey there 'NotBelievingIt'

Great reply on your part but i will say this my friend.
    I DID also see the ancestry barber commercial that you had mentioned.
    You will have to agree that there is a huge difference between that of a man making reference to his own baldness and that of a woman POINTING OUT someone elses baldness. I must say that when i was growing up i made a point of not making fun of or commenting on a persons hair loss . Partially because i knew it may happen to me one day and ,,hey,, it is somewhat unethical and cruel to do so.