Threaded View

Default Panicking over possible MPB

Hi, I should of posted this new instead of replying to an old thread so..here it is.

I'm 28,and have an appointment tomorrow with a dermatology NP (nurse practioner) where I will go into a nervous breakdown if she tells me I've got MPB.. (I feel like she will because she won't have a clue about any other options)

I went back 3 generations on both mother and father's sides and everyone is dead...with full hair. I've always had thick hair that stylists constantly compliment about how thick and gorgeous it is and how lucky I am.

Naturally, I took it for granted, as this past week, despite my hairline looking the same it always has as far as I can tell (always had the triangles in my temples since puberty) the crown of my head near my cowlick seems to either be thinning or just widening in general. Now that i'm obsessing over it I've noticed my whole head just appears sickly and not full and flowing like it used to be. My head has been itching and inflamed for six months but I've thought nothing of it until now (just figured it's dry..it's usually oily).

I do NOT want propecia/endocrine drugs. I already take Valium (nervous system drug), Prilosec (gastric system), and Inderal (blood pressure) I can't handle another one that turns me impotent. I like sex.

I've read of this stress related hair loss (TE) and I have pretty much been in non stop stress since December 2008. The past 2 months alone have included severe stomach flu/food poisoning and surgical routine endoscopy and colonoscopy with anaesthesia... Now I'm going to find out my crown is balding and will lose the only part of my body I have great self esteem for?!!

Some say to go to endocrinologists because they can check all the hormone related stuff. I'M SO UPSET.

EDIT: I went back and viewed a video of exactly a year ago that I could see the back top of my cowlick, and I can see the same spot was already there.. I don't know what to make of it. Either i've always had this..or i've been going downhill for years and couldn't tell until randomly happening to notice it in 2 mirrors after my shower the other day. I wish my scalp would also stop itching. I've done some research but I can't tell if it's a good or bad sign for MPB diagnoses if your scalp is itching with inflammation.

I am vain, have an anxiety disorder and openly admit that I cannot handle losing my hair, I need it. I've included a photo, I'm going to find a bunch of random shots over the past 10 years that perhaps provide reference. I've always had the triangles I know that much, so I don't believe my hairline is receding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg

Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	13800