+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Propecia/Finpecia or Proscar?

Hey everyone I have decided I am going on the pill no pun intended. Now the question is should I start with the 1mg Propecia or Finpecia or should I purchase Proscar and cut them in have and take 2.5mg? I'm 22 years old I lose about 20-30 hairs a day more or less and I used to take 5mg about 2 years ago I never started with the 1mg i started with 5mg because of my paranoia so I don't know if my body is already used to that or maybe over the 2 years it forgot it. Any ways I'd love everyone's opinion on this matter as I can sure use all the help i can get. Money is not an issue so you don't have to give an opinion based on money woes.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Firstly, losing 20-30 hairs per day is nothing to worry about. I'd be surprised if you didn't lose more than that but they were going unnoticed.

5mg is much more than necessary, and even 2.5mg is more than you need. People take even less than the 1mg dose that you get with Propecia and still see results.

Cost is the main reason people opt for Proscar and pill cutting. If that's not an issue for you then I think buying 1mg Propecia is the most convenient way to do it. Might as well go for Merck brand Propecia too rather than cheaper generics.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    Firstly, losing 20-30 hairs per day is nothing to worry about. I'd be surprised if you didn't lose more than that but they were going unnoticed.

5mg is much more than necessary, and even 2.5mg is more than you need. People take even less than the 1mg dose that you get with Propecia and still see results.

Cost is the main reason people opt for Proscar and pill cutting. If that's not an issue for you then I think buying 1mg Propecia is the most convenient way to do it. Might as well go for Merck brand Propecia too rather than cheaper generics.

Thanks for your reply I will take your advice and just go with the Propecia 1mg

Hey Baldy6 it is more cost effective to go with the 5mg tabs and split them. It's probably easier to just get the 1mg however so you dont have to hassle with splitting them. Pros and cons of both

Quote Originally Posted by jayth View Post
    Hey Baldy6 it is more cost effective to go with the 5mg tabs and split them. It's probably easier to just get the 1mg however so you dont have to hassle with splitting them. Pros and cons of both
    He's right. You can get generic Proscar 5mg at Walmart or Target for $9. Cut those suckers up (one at a time though) and you've got a 4-month supply for $2.25/month. Not bad, eh?

Default Propecia Finpecia cross over?

Hi guys,

Just after a bit of reassurance really, i've been on Propecia for the last 2 years and have only now decided to get myself on Finpecia, down to the recommendations on this site by some forum members, just wanted an all clear! and yeah go with it it's fine! before i bit the bullet so to say.

I've attachted 3 pics (in my profile, please go take a look, i can't see how to attach them to the post sorry)-

one is the Propecia i have been buying and it's (as far as i'm concerned) done me the world of good! and is perfect for the job, each pill has the day so you know when you've taken it, no forgetting.

two, shows a drug i bought that i wasn't to sure about, not the results just the way it was packaged, i have used this as back up for when i'm waiting on Propecia to come through the post and also holidays, so only really about a 20 times in the last 2 years.

third, is the latest batch from (recommended site) Finpecia, should i just crack on as normal, once a day and get on with it or have a transitional period between generic Propecia and Finpecia, thoughts?

Thanks again to those that reply, if i get approx 3 replies saying all is well i'll be happy and on get on with popping the hair saving pills.

The Finpecia looks exactly like the stuff I've used.

I don't recognise the product in the second photo, but that doesn't mean it isn't legit.

I see no reason for a transitional period as they are the same drug. Are you switching because of cost?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hi mattj and thread readers,

i'd have replied sooner and usually do through my mobile but the reply button has dissapeared (anybody else had that trouble?) so i'm going through my laptop instead.

Thanks for the reply, i'm glad the Finpecia matches up with what you use, i've started using this product now.

As for price, well no not really i switched because i'd heard of/about Finpecia for months but continued to use Mercks Propecia because of the swopping worry rather than money and the whole undoing of all Propecias hard work.

Anyway, the deed has been done, and i hope for the finpecia to do for me (which there's no reason why it shouldn't) what Propecia has done for me for the last two years!

It' all about the 1mg finasteride right?

Regards,

Regards,

I strongly feel and believe Finpecia from legit sources is exactly the same as 1mg branded propecia.
    I personally take 1mg finpecia and have done for a long time now.

Finasteride 1mg is what is needed.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    I strongly feel and believe Finpecia from legit sources is exactly the same as 1mg branded propecia.
    I personally take 1mg finpecia and have done for a long time now.

Finasteride 1mg is what is needed.

Regards
    Spex

Spex I really want to thank you for your reply but I must ask where do you get your finpecia??