+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hairysituation View Post
    Ok, why did you regret it?
    And I don't see the big problem of at least filling in my widows peaks,I see people do it all the time on videos and pictures online.
    because you will continue to bald no matter what!
    The hair behind the transplant will continue to thin and eventually stop growing then what? Another transplant?

Your best options: fin + nizoral. That will buy you another 5-10 years of no hair loss and by then there should be a "cure"

He continued losing native hair behind the transplanted hair. This is part of the "Short term gain long term pain" problem we are trying to tell you about.

And I don't see the big problem of at least filling in my widows peaks,I see people do it all the time on videos and pictures online. And dr feller has a reputation of beeing a etnichal doctor.
    You are misinterpreting what you are seeing. Your hair line is no where near the level of recession you are seeing in that picture. The person in that picture could obviously benefit from a hair transplant. Notice that Dr. Feller did not recreate a juvenile hair line.

And I don't see the big problem of at least filling in my widows peaks,I see people do it all the time on videos and pictures online. For example look at this: http://fellermedical.com/image-gallery#/1/77
    And dr feller has a reputation of beeing a etnichal doctor.
    I regretted it for a couple of reasons. First, yes, I continued to lose some hair behind the grafts with time. Second, I had a very low hairline and a massive head of hair as a teenager. This just didn't look "right" on me as an adult. It looked feminine to be honest.

Dr. Feller is a very ethical doctor and he would NEVER perform surgery on you to give you back your childhood hairline at 18 years old. I don't want to speak for the doctor, but I can guarantee you there are only a couple of scenarios in which he would transplant a juvenile hairline on anyone. The first would be an older guy who has shown no hair loss for many years and who has no miniaturization behind his hairline. The second would be a younger guy (like mid-20's or older) who has committed to Propecia for life and who has completely stabilized the hair loss for at least a few years. Even in these cases, he would probably advise against it and tell them that their hair loss will eventually continue and they will need to have additional transplants to fill in the areas of additional loss.

I am going to say it again. No ethical doctor would EVER operate on an 18-year-old who is not even on medication to stop hair loss, that is, if you even have genetic hair loss. Just put it out of your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    ...but I can guarantee you there are only a couple of scenarios in which he would transplant a juvenile hairline on anyone.
    There is a third scenario. Doctors will create a juvenile hairline for males who are transgendered and actively in the process of gender reassignment.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    This just didn't look "right" on me as an adult. It looked feminine to be honest.
    ... and this is why.

Thanks for everyones answers!
    This is a few years forward, but if Histogens product becomes successful, is it then responsible to have a FUE procedure done? Because futher hairloss will be prevented.

If the regenerative treatments work, you won't even need hair restoration surgery.

That's interesting, so they think they can reconstruct my hairline if everything goes as planned, only using Histogen's product.

You are just not getting this are you?

Is it because they can regrow sleeping hair follicles and the sleeping follicles are "representing" my hair line? If this is not the answers then I don't know.
    Sorry for beeing a little stupid and new to these hairloss related subjects, but I swear, I'm a brilliant student, lol

O.K., your not getting it. I don't really know why your no getting it but your not getting it.

There is nothing wrong with your hair line. You have a natural and normal adult male hair line. This is one of the physical traits that differ between males and females like bigger hands, bigger feet, deeper voice, wider shoulders, thicker body har, facial hair and so on. It is both natural and normal. You do not need a hair transplant.