+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Propecia induced performance anxiety?

Hey, I've been on propecia for about a month, and up until now experienced no sides.
    Last night however was the first time having sex in this month, and I couldn't perform. I still get morning wood, I had successfully mastubated just hours before, she could get me rock hard in 10 seconds with oral, but as soon as it came to actually sticking the damn thing in, he was like NOPE and went all floppy.
    I did feel a bit worried that the propecia would stop me peforming, but I didn't realise I was that anxious about it! I have experienced performance anxiety before, when I first lost my virginity, but it wasn't a problem I thought I'd ever get again. I can see this being a self-fulfilling prophecy; Since it happened once I'm just gonna worry next time and then stress is gonna make it happen again.

The sensible part of me says it's not the propecia, and I'm just submitting to the fear mongering I have read about propecia, but it is worrying me.

What dose are you on? I had side effects a couple of months after starting. I came off it for now and may return at a lower dose.

You could try 0.25mg or 0.5mg. It's a compromise between keeping your hair and keeping your wood.

If you could get hard previously while masturbating, or when she was giving you head, then it is performance anxiety. Without a doubt.

Research performance anxiety, the askmen article is pretty good. The answer lies in you relaxing, getting out of your head about it, in short. But read up. Something you have to work over yourself, mentally.

Also, stop seeing it as a self-fulfilling prophecy. With this mindset, it will be. But that's obvious. So, stop it. It's not. Unless you make it. Simple; switch your modality of thought.

Good luck to you. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    It's a compromise between keeping your hair and keeping your wood.
    Also, **** this^

Not you, chrisis, the fact that your statement holds truth. **** that, **** compromise such as this.

Here's to hoping for new treatments. Because **** that.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    What dose are you on? I had side effects a couple of months after starting. I came off it for now and may return at a lower dose.

You could try 0.25mg or 0.5mg. It's a compromise between keeping your hair and keeping your wood.
    I did think about this, but I thought if I have propecia related ED it would affect me all the time rather than just when I wanted to have sex. Getting an erection on my own is as easy as it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    If you could get hard previously while masturbating, or when she was giving you head, then it is performance anxiety. Without a doubt.

Research performance anxiety, the askmen article is pretty good. The answer lies in you relaxing, getting out of your head about it, in short. But read up. Something you have to work over yourself, mentally.

Also, stop seeing it as a self-fulfilling prophecy. With this mindset, it will be. But that's obvious. So, stop it. It's not. Unless you make it. Simple; switch your modality of thought.

Good luck to you. Cheers.
    Yeah I thought it was most likely. I'm quite an anxious person so that probably doesn't help with performance anxiety. I'll take a look at the article, cheers man.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Also, **** this^

Not you, chrisis, the fact that your statement holds truth. **** that, **** compromise such as this.

Here's to hoping for new treatments. Because **** that.

Cheers.
    why the **** does it have to give side effects? can life be simple for once?

These companies are making gazillions off of us, can they at least not **** us up for life? or be effective?

sighs...i just hope replicel/aderans give something similar to propecia for the young cats .

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    Hey, I've been on propecia for about a month, and up until now experienced no sides.

Last night however was the first time having sex in this month, and I couldn't perform. I still get morning wood, I had successfully mastubated just hours before, she could get me rock hard in 10 seconds with oral, but as soon as it came to actually sticking the damn thing in, he was like NOPE and went all floppy.

The sensible part of me says it's not the propecia, and I'm just submitting to the fear mongering I have read about propecia, but it is worrying me.
    If you successfully masturbated hours before you failed to have sex it is obviously in your head. Propecia induced erectile dysfunction is not something that comes and goes. Good luck with everything if you decided to proceed while knowing about the risks.

its your head man.

I'm a terribly anxious person, myself. My best to you, try not to over think these things. And be thankful knowing it's not the finasteride.