+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: hopeful...

Quote Originally Posted by stratofortress View Post
    If he can thicken things up at the front, a thick NW2 at 30 isn't bad at all.
    I agree. I felt the OP needed to understand that it is very rare for a male to retain a norwood 1 hair line.

Default 6 month update...

Thanks for the replys guys. Just to clarify, I was a nw2 when starting treatment and wanted to hold onto as much as possible on top.

Now a 6 months (almost) I'm sad to say that my hair is at an all time low

Have thinned considerably all over including the back and crown and lots of scalp showing through where once thick hair was 6 months ago. It feels so thin and wispy when running hand through
    I'm starting to think that I fall into the unfortunate catergory of guys who seem to end up worse far after a year of fin. Judging by these boards this is not too uncommon Not to mention the loss of sex drive I'm experiencing too!

Interesting to note but I'm loosing a lot of thick healthy looking hair (not obviously minaturised) everytime I touch the top of my head.

I know Its normal to shed when starting fin but would have expected it to slow by now? Instead it seems to be accelerating. I'm also aware that this obviously down to genes at the end of the day and my mums father lost his hair around my age (nw 5 going by photos)

Realy upset at the moment. thinking of shaving it all of TBH

Quote Originally Posted by alex82 View Post
    I'm starting to think that I fall into the unfortunate catergory of guys who seem to end up worse far after a year of fin. Judging by these boards this is not too uncommon Not to mention the loss of sex drive I'm experiencing too!
    uhm fin WOULD NOT make your situation worse... if anything, your baldness is just that aggressive and fin is not able to do much.
    I would continue taking fin anyways. This could all be part of a shed.

You're seriously continuing fin after experiencing what you describe as 'crippling sides'? Interesting; the compromises we must make in order to retain what hair we have.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    You're seriously continuing fin after experiencing what you describe as 'crippling sides'? Interesting; the compromises we must make in order to retain what hair we have.
    all he said was:

Not to mention the loss of sex drive I'm experiencing too!
    big difference.

Anyway, took the plunge in nov '11 and started Proscar (pfizer branded) at 1mg (cut into 5ths) and soon developed crippling sides in 1-2 months (poor erections, testicular pain, watery semen) athough these are par for the course with Fin I'm led to believe!
    His words, not mine.

I guess the sides are more manageable now have reduced dose.
    I've read a bit about hyperreflexandrogenicity (not sure if that's the correct spelling) it it seems like this could be at play and in other simmillar cases Ive read about where loss is increased after 6 months.

Just wondering if I should taper off fin now and admit defeat

Well a quick update, I've stuck with 500mg Fin per day. Now been nearly a full year since starting Fin and I can honestly say my hair all over is in a far worse state than before I started. Its almost as though the MPB process has been speeded up by taking it Interestingly I seem to have slightly increased body hair too. I'm going though some photos now, maybe will post some up but its just too depressing at the moment.

Thanks for the replys guys. Just to clarify, I was a nw2 when starting treatment and wanted to hold onto as much as possible on top.

Now a 6 months (almost) I'm sad to say that my hair is at an all time low

Have thinned considerably all over including the back and crown and lots of scalp showing through where once thick hair was 6 months ago. It feels so thin and wispy when running hand through

Interesting to note but I'm loosing a lot of thick healthy looking hair (not obviously minaturised) everytime I touch the top of my head.

I know Its normal to shed when starting fin but would have expected it to slow by now? Instead it seems to be accelerating. I'm also aware that this obviously down to genes at the end of the day and my mums father lost his hair around my age (nw 5 going by photos)

Realy upset at the moment. thinking of shaving it all of TBH
    The mum's father bit is all good and dandy, but, if that were the sole determinant, I would have hair so thick a razer couldn't slide through.

At least you tried fin, after 1 year, i wonder if you're best not tapering off? IDK. I feel that after 1 year of fin (which I havn't started yet, so I won't speak from experience, just hypotheticals), I would likely save the bit of money and do other things to boost my appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I agree. I felt the OP needed to understand that it is very rare for a male to retain a norwood 1 hair line.
    yep thats true, my grandad died at 84 with a nw2, from what I hear he had been nw2 from mid 20s so being nw2 does not necessarily mean you will proceed to a further pattern, unfortunately not everyone is that lucky, especially me who looks like almost an identical twin to his granddad EXCEPT for the hair