+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Twenty years from now....

Question
    -----------
    Twenty years from now....would today's hair transplants look unnatural on someone who loses their un-transplanted hair??

Some details:

42 & Balding. Norwood 3A.
    Need frontal work. Need temples addressed.
    Thinking about FUE with Dr. Cole (C2G unshaven procedure).

If I only get one procedure done (ever) & fix my front today with say 2000 grafts. How will this look in 10 years? or 20? .... if I lose continue to bald in the middle & the vertex?

The old plugs looked terrible once the other hair was gone. What about today's transplants?? I will be ok with the hair looking thin again....but would be quite unhappy if it looked unnatural!

Any thoughts?? Thanks!

They will look like good, transplanted hairs with unnatural bald areas around them. Transplants done by a great surgeon (like Dr. Cole) will never look pluggy but you have to keep up with the future loss, either with meds or with more transplants.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    They will look like good, transplanted hairs with unnatural bald areas around them...
    I don't want to take Propecia...but do currently & will continue on Rogaine. But @ some point...I take it...I (most people) will lose all of their un-transplanted hairs near the front of the head! So your "will look like good, transplanted hairs with unnatural bald areas around them" is quite a scary analysis to me!

Thanks for the feedback!

Inactive

I agree, if done properly.. its not the transplanted hairs You should worry about, its only if the rest of Your hair around the transplant falls out or becomes even thinner.. only then the overall looks will become unnatural.

Its hard to tell though, I don't think anyone can predict how the rest of Your hair will behave in the future. You may stay as You are, loose some, or loose everything - worst case scenario - then You'd be in trouble as You'd be bald around the transplant and in the back, now when I think of that possible outcome, that would really look unnatural - You would then either have to do more transplants or shave everything completely.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by hairG View Post
    I don't not want to take Propecia...
    I agree with You. Whatever You do, do not go down the propecia road. Baldness is bad enough as it is, and extreme potential risks that come with propecia are just not worth it.

If You decide to use something that is safe and has the potential to inhibit DHT, You can always include saw palmetto & beta sitosterol. Its what I am doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    If You decide to use something that is safe and has the potential to inhibit DHT, You can always include saw palmetto & beta sitosterol. Its what I am doing right now.
    ^ and it's not working out for him... he's still bald

I don't not want to take Propecia...but do currently & will continue on Rogaine.
    No one trying to talk you into taking Propecia - and no one should be trying to talk you out of taking it. You need to base your decision on real information. Don't listen to the fear mongering that folks like StressedToTheBald keep pushing. Talk to a real doctor. Get the real information and base your decision on that.

If you are unwilling or unable to take medications to slow down, stop or reverse your hair loss, you are better off learning how to come to terms with accepting your hair loss - because there isn't much point to having transplant surgery. Rogaine works but it can only do so much on it's own because it does nothing to block the hormone that triggers hereditary hair loss.

Natural DHT blockers do nothing to slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss. Hereditary hair loss is a normal and natural process. It is foolish to expect to be able to slow down, stop or reverse this normal and natural process with natural DHT blockers. They have never worked in the past, they do not work now and they are not likely to ever work in the future. Also, if natural DHT blockers actually could slow down, stop or reverse hereditary hair loss, they would likely have the same side effect profile as Propecia.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    I agree with You. Whatever You do, do not go down the propecia road. Baldness is bad enough as it is, and extreme potential risks that come with propecia are just not worth it.

Stressed - I have to ask this, why do keep putting yourself through the ringer with regards to your postings? You are not a Propecia fan - point taken. I don't think anyone wants to cause you genuine grief but do you have any concept of how much of a hate figure you are becoming? The minute you comment negatively about the drug, you are in fact inviting at least a threefold counter response, thereby reducing any sway or influence you feel you may have anyway so where is the value in it?

The fact of it is, Propecia is currently the gold standard for anyone looking to seriously address mpb. If someone is serious about it, they will weigh the risks and move ahead anyway. This whole forum orginated from a guy who has been using it for the past 17 years and who remains positive in his outlook on the drug. Moreover, you would'nt even have a platform if it were not for this fact. Saw Palmetto, Bet-Sis and whatever other herbal concotion you can name equals a waste of time in the main. You'd be better of with just Rogaine. I'm not a fan of bullying, but I also think it's stupid to pick a fight all the time. Make no mistake, that's what you are doing.

Can anyone from Dr.Cole's team please care to comment on the what after 20 years question? Thanks!

Can anyone from Dr.Cole's team please care to comment on the what after 20 years question? Thanks!
    everyone balds differently. everyone responds to propecia differently. nothing is guaranteed.