+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy 15, think im going bald, or insane.

Im going to attach images but i think i may be haveing a thinning in the hair on the
    right hand side of my head, on top of that i have become more obsessive about
    it and i feel as though it my just be in my mind, i think im actually going a little crazy
    every time i see strands of hair i freak out and some times i cry.

My hair doesnot come out in clumps and seems to be healthy, my hair on my fathers family is very good. and although my mother has good hair, my grandfather is rather bald(although hes 89). Im seeing a docter to put my fears to rest, or help me by treatment or anti-depressents. i am scared.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20120213_071520.jpg

Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	13662   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120222_222611.jpg

Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	13663  

hey, it could just be a mature hairline developing.

You are to young to start on finasteride anyway, and I'm not sure if Minoxidil has a recommend age limit. Maybe look into using a shampoo called nizoral, not sure if this has an age restriction (maybe someone can clarify)

I would suggest not to stress about it but keep an eye on it. If, when you are 18, you notice it getting any worse then you can speak to a doctor about starting finasteride (propecia).

You can do a bit of research beforehand about the drug.

Note: Stressedtothebald, this is not a thread for you to come in and slag off propecia with your nonsense articles.

Get very short haircut & keep it that way. Buzz cut is best. This will help in 2 ways - hairloss slows down and u dont tease/worry abt ur hair as much. Plus hair grows thicker every time. You can add Nizoral shampoo once a week.

Then wait till ur older (18+) to see where u stand and your options for treatment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok. I have been reading and have been around this hair loss thing for almost 5 years now.

What we, as men (women too) don't get is constant social and media support. We don't read male cosmopolitan and there is no male Oprah to help us.
    I can say that for myself, diet, stress and circulation all contribute a ton to hair loss but no one addresses this issue, becuase the solution doesnt involves big money going to Doctors.

If you are interested in knowing what has worked for me, I can share this with you all.
    Just send me an email and start correcting hair loss from the inside before you go to a Doctor.

DIET is very key. Also, take a look at your legs...is the hair towards your ankle dissapearing, if so, this may be a sign of poor circulation, which in many cases I have heard of including mine can be the initial cause of hair loss

Inactive

Might be the beginning of thinning in the front, some people start very early on these days.. when I think of it I lost my frontal hairline many years ago and never had a good one ever since.

Whatever You do, don't go on propecia.. its officially a health hazard although not all doctors are informed just yet.. I guess some still earn money from prescribing it. Propecia is dangerous as it might cause permanent erectile dysfunction, other serious sexual side effects and even prostate cancer and depression. Just don't put Your health at risk, trust me - I had personal experience with another powerful drug called Accutane and today I'm sorry I didn't take alternative route.

Take care and all the best.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by StraxProblems View Post
    diet, stress and circulation all contribute a ton to hair loss but no one addresses this issue, becuase the solution doesnt involves big money going to Doctors.
    Although not the main cause, I agree - inflamatory diets & stress add up and can only make baldness worse. Circlulation itself again is not the cause either - but with balding people, once folicles start to shrink, the flow of blood and nutrients decreases as a result, not as a cause.

Thumbs up Circulation can be the Cause

Hi. Thanks for your response. of course circulation can be the cause. if you cut off circulation to any part of the body, hair, skin, etc will die.
    Poor circulation affects extremities first, but I have seen a major increase in hair density and volume since controlling my circulation better.
    I am amazed at how my hair has imporved simply by taking care of ME. My diet, my mental health and my stress. I feel like I can help people with my specific treatments which are all based in medicine and logic, not surgery. Of course, this wont help with major balding but I think it does delay the onset and helps to minimize the loss.

Guys, don't stress out, take action and you'll see a change, I bet. I'd love to try to get someone to try my method and see if it works for them.
    All the best to all!

You are not your hair, your character makes you! Be confident, smile and let your light beam on the people you come in contact with. SHE will see beyond your hair, if SHE is the right one for you.

My confidence was shattered one year ago, and I am a decent looking guy. Once I got a hold of my hair loss, or at least started taking positive action, (diet, stress, etc) it helped me in many ways, not just hair growth. Im confident ME again.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by StraxProblems View Post
    Hi. Thanks for your response. of course circulation can be the cause. if you cut off circulation to any part of the body, hair, skin, etc will die.
    Poor circulation affects extremities first, but I have seen a major increase in hair density and volume since controlling my circulation better.
    I am amazed at how my hair has imporved simply by taking care of ME. My diet, my mental health and my stress. I feel like I can help people with my specific treatments which are all based in medicine and logic, not surgery. Of course, this wont help with major balding but I think it does delay the onset and helps to minimize the loss.

Guys, don't stress out, take action and you'll see a change, I bet. I'd love to try to get someone to try my method and see if it works for them.
    All the best to all!

You are not your hair, your character makes you! Be confident, smile and let your light beam on the people you come in contact with. SHE will see beyond your hair, if SHE is the right one for you.

My confidence was shattered one year ago, and I am a decent looking guy. Once I got a hold of my hair loss, or at least started taking positive action, (diet, stress, etc) it helped me in many ways, not just hair growth. Im confident ME again.
    I believe poor circulation happens as side effect of baldness. Once hairs start to shrink, circulation shuts down.. improving circulation should help to a degree. But I don't think poor circulation is the cause to begin with, its in the genes and in the males.. if poor circulation was the cause - then we'd see huge numbers of women beeing bald the same way as men - and that simply is not the case.

Please, feel free to share Your method, regimen.. I myself am staying away from that man-poison propecia. So the essence of my treatment is natural DHT inhibitors, vitamins, supplements - anti-stress included.. and as for my diet - I am a hardcore vegan, no meat, no dairy, no junk.. it hardly gets better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Please, feel free to share Your method, regimen.. I myself am staying away from that man-poison propecia. So the essence of my treatment is natural DHT inhibitors, vitamins, supplements - anti-stress included.. and as for my diet - I am a hardcore vegan, no meat, no dairy, no junk.. it hardly gets better than that.
    ^ he's still bald just so you know

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    Get very short haircut & keep it that way. Buzz cut is best. This will help in 2 ways - hairloss slows down and u dont tease/worry abt ur hair as much. Plus hair grows thicker every time. You can add Nizoral shampoo once a week.

Then wait till ur older (18+) to see where u stand and your options for treatment.
    That is actually very incorrect info.