My photos. I am 36 years old and bald, bald, bald. :( - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default My photos. I am 36 years old and bald, bald, bald. :(

I am 36 years old and started losing my hair at 21.

I have my own business so I can dress however I want to and always wear a hat. Until recently I shaved my head, but I have grown my hair out in hopes of getting help.

I was hoping you veterans could let me know of the best hair transplant surgeons in Minnesota or Kansas City.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	BackHair.jpg

Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1093   Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontHair.jpg

Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	1094   Click image for larger version

Name:	LeftHair.jpg

Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1095   Click image for larger version

Name:	RightHair.jpg

Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	1096   Click image for larger version

Name:	TopPhoto.jpg

Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1097  

Hi Red

The only clinic i could point you to in those areas is Shapiro Medical Group in Minnesota as i flew from the UK twice to have my HTs with them.I dont know what other clinics are in the areas you are looking at.Distance should never be a factor in choosing a doctor(why i flew from UK) but you are very fortunate to have one of the best clinics in the world on your doorstep.

Have a look at my blogs if you want to see their work,however my hairloss was/is no where near as aggresive as yours.I`m very happy with my results to date.

I sound like i work for SMG singing their praises but i dont,just a happy patient willing to share my experience.

You could contact Janna or B Spot on here who both work for Shapiro Medical.

Welcome to the forum by the way and hopefully you`ll find all your answers here.

bm.

Red,
    It's impossible to be certain, but from your pictures you look as if you are an excellent candidate. You're donor looks mighty plentiful. If you are choosing strip, scalp elasticity is key. You can check it out by interlocking your fingers and placing your hands, palm side down, on the hair fringe area and moving up and down. In my case, the scalp folded like an accordion.

I agree with Big Mac. Don't let travel be an issue as an HT is for life. In my case, I chose Dr.Wong of Hasson and Wong. I traveled from Connecticut to Vancouver.

All the best.
    UNC

Thanks for the replies guys.

How do I contact Jana from Shapiro Medical?

I actually spoke with a rep for Hasson and Wong already and wanted to go out there, but my wife doesn't want me to go to Canada.
    She is a worry-wart and is freaking out that I would be having a medical procedure in Canada. She is worried if I got an infection or something?

She is driving me crazy so I thought I would try to find something closer to us.

Also, I don't have a Passport so I would have to fly to Seattle and then drive up to Canada.

Going to Shapiro Medical would probably be my most convenient and acceptable to my wife.

I looked at Dr Shaprio's work and it he looks like a fantastic hair transplant surgeon!

Hello Red

You can search the members list and pm her but i`ll give you her email which is janna@shapiromedical.com

Take care bm.

How do you look with a shaved head? With Dr. Shapiro in your own state why would you travel anywhere? He is like the best of the best according to everything I’ve read.

I think the issue of post-operative infection, while a common question, is a non-issue. Most of my patients come from outside of Canada with the percentage being somewhere around 70% to 75%. Most of these patients are from the US and Europe and easily return home the next day after their procedure.

While post-operative infections can never be completely ruled out as a possibility with any surgical procedure they are extremely rare in my practice. To help prevent this issue we routinely include a supply of anti-biotics for our patients to take for four days after a procedure. In addition, our facility has very high standards of care as we have to adhere to the same operational standards as any hospital in the province of British Columbia. In fact, we recently passed our review by the College of Physicians with flying colors. If you are still concerned about infection however you are more than welcome to stay a few extras days in Vancouver so I can monitor your progress. You can think of it as a mini vacation

I wouldn't think it would matter where you had surgery since the infection probably wouldn’t show up for a few days anyway. If this did happen you would have to go to the ER no matter what country you are in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Wong, MD View Post
    I think the issue of post-operative infection, while a common question, is a non-issue. Most of my patients come from outside of Canada with the percentage being somewhere around 70% to 75%. Most of these patients are from the US and Europe and easily return home the next day after their procedure.

While post-operative infections can never be completely ruled out as a possibility with any surgical procedure they are extremely rare in my practice. To help prevent this issue we routinely include a supply of anti-biotics for our patients to take for four days after a procedure. In addition, our facility has very high standards of care as we have to adhere to the same operational standards as any hospital in the province of British Columbia. In fact, we recently passed our review by the College of Physicians with flying colors. If you are still concerned about infection however you are more than welcome to stay a few extras days in Vancouver so I can monitor your progress. You can think of it as a mini vacation

Thank you for your reply Dr Wong!

I appreciate you taking the time to do so.

Doctor Representative the B spot's Avatar

Hi Red,

We would welcome an opportunity to discuss your options either by virtual consult, by phone, or in person. Our patient educator Matt Zupan does an excellent job explaining our philosophy and explaining the approach we feel best suits your needs.

If you like, either call the office or email Janna or myself and we can assist you further.

My email is jason@shapiromedical.com

I do understand your concerns about travel, and with SMG apparently being very close, you can rest assured your getting the very best possible care pre, during and post-op.

I do want to assure you that H&W do an excellent job as well, and should you chose either Dr. Wong or Dr. Hasson you will be in good hands.

We want people to be comfortable in their choices, and if that means choosing another one of the top clinics in the world that can deliver world class results, we support you 100%.

Again, we would welcome an opportunity to meet you.

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

Take Care,
    Jason
    Patient Advocate/FUE Coordinator for Shapiro Medical Group. My advice and opinions are my own and is not medical advice. I am a Cubs fan.