+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

The full study should mention any participants it lost track of before the 4-year mark. I would read it myself but I'm being a lazy bastard.

But you're right, the full text will have relevant details we can't see from the table.

And we know you aren't trolling. Believe me, the last couple weeks have given us a heavy dose of what actual forum trolling looks like.

Hi.

I also started in November like chrisis and noticed lack of libido almost straight away but have persisted to see if they subside. Unfortunately they haven't and I think I will stop taking it now.

How long do you think you should persevere for before calling it a day?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superdudeo View Post
    Hi.

I also started in November like chrisis and noticed lack of libido almost straight away but have persisted to see if they subside. Unfortunately they haven't and I think I will stop taking it now.

How long do you think you should persevere for before calling it a day?

Thanks
    According to the PLESS study we were discussing, it seems that the rate of side effects drops to near-placebo levels during the second year. I don't know how long between the end of year 1 and the end of year 2 it would take.
    There is a chance that you will have side effects for as long as you take the drug, and there is also a chance that the sides may resolve before the end of year 1. Everyone is different. In the end, the choice to quit or continue the drug is up to you.
    You might consider speaking to a doctor about your decreased libido in the meantime. Good luck.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

If I gamble on waiting a year to see if they subside could this damage me more in the long term if they don't subside?

You're welcome.
    There's no scientific evidence concluding that finasteride causes any kind of irreversible damage.
    There is evidence that a small percentage of men take months to recover from side effects after quitting (although this study was performed on older men using 5 mg tablets instead of 1 mg). Some of them had not recovered at the six month mark (although this was true of some men in the placebo group also).
    There are anecdotal reports of side effects lasting many years for an extreme minority of past users (after quitting), but there's no way to tell if finasteride caused this. I'm guessing it will be studied more over time.

Almost nothing is 100% certain with pharmaceuticals, but the answer to your question is most likely, "no."

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by superdudeo View Post
    Thanks for the prompt reply.

If I gamble on waiting a year to see if they subside could this damage me more in the long term if they don't subside?
    Its a gamble I wouldn't recommend. If You have side effects, stop now and don't play with Your health any more. Both Boston & Washington study, Dr. Traish and Dr. Irwig report that propecia may cause permanent erectile dysfunction and much more - also including high grade prostate cancer.. if permanent ED happens, Dr. Traish relates it with the fact that propecia can change 5-alpha reductase in the brain, and this impact may be permanent - no cure is available ! I'd never gamble with that, its one of the reasons why I never started propecia treatment. Its a hazardous drug that will either get banned or risks and warnings will be upgraded to extreme health hazard level, in order to reflect the reality and latest findings about this drug.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Its a gamble I wouldn't recommend. If You have side effects, stop now and don't play with Your health any more. Both Boston & Washington study, Dr. Traish and Dr. Irwig report that propecia may cause permanent erectile dysfunction and much more - also including high grade prostate cancer.. if permanent ED happens, Dr. Traish relates it with the fact that propecia can change 5-alpha reductase in the brain, and this impact may be permanent - no cure is available ! I'd never gamble with that, its one of the reasons why I never started propecia treatment. Its a hazardous drug that will either get banned or risks and warnings will be upgraded to extreme health hazard level, in order to reflect the reality and latest findings about this drug.
    Don't listen to him!!!!! He's a well known troll here

superdudeo,

Please don't allow StressedToTheBald's fear mongering to worry you. The studies he's referencing are not controlled scientific studies. He has been spamming the forum for weeks with hysterical posts about finasteride, which he has never used.

Anyway, feel free to ask any further questions you may think of.

superdudeo, so I'm in the same boat as you exactly! I withdrew nearly a week ago, and I'm waiting for normality.

I wouldn't recommend staying on the drug if you've had side effects.

And I wouldn't recommend listening to people who haven't had symptoms who basically suggest it's psychological or psychosomatic.

There are enough of us on these forums to suggest otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    There are enough of us on these forums to suggest otherwise.
    yes but do you know how POPULAR finasteride is??? BRAND NAME PROPECIA alone makes about $400 million a year... god knows how many millions are made from generics.

Millions of people use this drug every day and for the most part they stay quiet about their success. A couple people on this forum don't mean jack amongst millions