+ Reply to Thread

Default Dr. Robert Leonard

I know he is one of the recommended HT Docs on this site but I can't seem to find anything about his work or others experience with him. I did read an article that claimed he charged for a procedure and did not disclose the amount of grafts. Is anyone familiar with his work and if he does good hairlines? I have dark hair so it's really crucial that I get someone that can make a natural hairline. Also, I need about 1500 hundred grafts so I'm torn between fue and strip. I would rather have fue but don't think I can find a reputable dr to do this many grafts without shaving the entire back of my head. Again, I need about 12-1500 grafts in the frontal and temple area and I also need about 150 grafts to fill in a donor scar on the back of my head. Fue would be ideal but I don't want the back of my head shaved. I was thinking I could go script, get the hairline and scar revised. Then a year later go back and do perhaps an fue touch-up a year later to take care of the latest scar. Any thoughts on this approach and Dr. Lenard.

Thanks,

Richard

Thumbs down Do not go to Leonard !!

Quote Originally Posted by richardd1972 View Post
    I know he is one of the recommended HT Docs on this site but I can't seem to find anything about his work or others experience with him. I did read an article that claimed he charged for a procedure and did not disclose the amount of grafts. Is anyone familiar with his work and if he does good hairlines? I have dark hair so it's really crucial that I get someone that can make a natural hairline. Also, I need about 1500 hundred grafts so I'm torn between fue and strip. I would rather have fue but don't think I can find a reputable dr to do this many grafts without shaving the entire back of my head. Again, I need about 12-1500 grafts in the frontal and temple area and I also need about 150 grafts to fill in a donor scar on the back of my head. Fue would be ideal but I don't want the back of my head shaved. I was thinking I could go script, get the hairline and scar revised. Then a year later go back and do perhaps an fue touch-up a year later to take care of the latest scar. Any thoughts on this approach and Dr. Lenard.

Thanks,

Richard
    Richard, if it's not too late, do NOT go to Dr. Leonard. He left me with a horrible FUT donor scar that I had excised and repaired last week by a more ethical surgeon in NYC. The scar was raised up from my skin and was thick and left me with some permanent loss of sensation. It was my first FUT procedure, I was only 26 years old and healthy, and was done in 2012, so scar should have been much less pronounced.

In my scarring (literally) experience, Leonard is all about taking advantage of vulnerable young men with flashy marketing and little actual care for patient in short or long term. There are many other more competent and ethical doctors discussed on this website with consensus quality care and skill.

wow. horrible to hear wavyseal