+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I think hair transplants can be a good idea if the patient has stabilized their hair loss with medication. But 2020 is right in the sense that they don't address the cause of genetic alopecia, they just partially reverse its cosmetic effect.

As for the clinic in question: from what I've seen, subscription programs at "hair loss clinics" don't provide anything you can't do at home yourself for a fraction of the cost.
    Their website doesn't mention any proven way to suppress DHT, which makes me a bit suspicious.
    Hairlover does seem confident that their program worked for him. I wish he had photos documenting his progress though, so we could see for ourselves.
    If I lived in the area I probably would just stick with my current regimen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairlover View Post
    Hey, if you don't believe me, more power to you. No skin off my nose. I will probably get a HT in the next 12 months (not through Transitions but through the doc they recommend). If/when I do, I will be happy to post pics on this forum detailing progress.
    you didn't explain how it helps against MPB:

you have 100K hair. MPB begins and you start losing 6K hairs/year.

tell me what the hair transplants do to fix this problem ^
    ^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    you didn't explain how it helps against MPB:

^^^^^^^^^

This will be my last post on the topic. People have extreme skepticism about any hair loss remedies, and justifiably so given the quackery out there. Unfortunately, that tends to poison any chance for a fruitful conversation on the topic. This has been my result in real-life conversations as well, which is why I don't talk any more about it even though I would like to help others, some of them relatives and good friends, deal with the mental distress that hair loss causes.

2020, I may have misunderstood your comment re: HTs. I thought you were saying that HTs do not work in the sense that they do not grow new hair in the place the grafts are placed. You probably mean HTs are "useless" in the sense that hair loss if unchecked after a HT will result in a disastrous-looking scalp eventually, which is true if the hair loss continues. No doubt. But hair loss can be stopped, despite what you may think. Even disregarding my regimen (since I can't prove its effectiveness simply by telling my story), Propecia in the case of some guys proves that.

In my case, I will recount the facts. My family has extremely pronounced MPB. I started losing hair when I was 19. That hair loss stopped when I went on the regimen. For 14 years, I lost virtually no hair, except for the brief period of time I departed from the regimen. My younger male relatives started losing hair at approximately the same age I did and the same age my dad did, and now show severe hair loss. In contrast, I had a mild NW 1 as of a year ago (due to hair loss at 19), and even with the terrible damage Differin has done, am no more than a NW 2 now. I find these facts to be enormously probative on the claim that this regimen stops hair loss, unless there is some sort of monster placebo effect affecting me.

Re: why the shampoos/tonics are effective, I couldn't even try to answer that question. I have no background in chemical/biomedical engineering or medicine, but rather have only the same general knowledge about DHT and the balding process that all people on hair loss sites have. My intention in making my OP was not to marshal evidence to get this regimen through the FDA approval process, but simply to provide information on something that has worked extremely well for me.

As I said, I will probably get a HT at some point in the next year, although that is contingent on the Differin-related hair loss stopping at some point. The HT will probably set me back at least 7K. I would not dream of dropping that money if I thought there was a chance the hair loss would continue. In short, if I get a HT, it will be me putting my money where my mouth is when it comes to faith I have in my regimen, which will be further strengthened by lasers/Propecia. If I got the HT route, people will be able to judge with their own eyes whether my confidence in my regimen was warranted. If I get good results, people can judge for themselves how much is attributable to lasers/propecia and how much is attributable to my long-standing regimen.

Good luck to everyone in addressing their hair loss.

This will be my last post on the topic. People have extreme skepticism about any hair loss remedies, and justifiably so given the quackery out there.
    not at all.... if people were that skeptic, all those snake oils and "hair consultation" clinics wouldn't make money...

People on this forum are skeptic because you have no proof to back this up

Re: why the shampoos/tonics are effective, I couldn't even try to answer that question. I have no background in chemical/biomedical engineering or medicine, but rather have only the same general knowledge about DHT and the balding process that all people on hair loss sites have.
    I just wanted to know the ingredients... since you use their products, I hoped you could just read off the ingredients listed.