+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    Its so fecking impossible to know what to think!
    Nothing works for everyone - and not everyone gets the exact same results. Some people have more aggresive hair loss than others. Some people start treatment too late to gain the most benefit. Studies show that it does work for most who use it. Studies also show that most maintain the hair that they have with it while some are able to grow some hair back with it. Studies also show that the sooner you start treatment, the more effective the treatment is. All this makes sense. It really does. I wish this stuff was known back when I started losing my hair.

When you read medical professionals talking about Rogaine and Propecia and stating that they will maintain the hair that you have, they are doing that to help you keep your expectations realistic. This is so you are not disappointed if you don't grow any hair back. Maintaining what hair you still have is important. Sure you might grow some hair back, many people do. The bottom line if there are no guarantees. Guarantees are not possible in this area. Focus your expectations on maintaining what you have. If you do grow some hair back, it's icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The bottom line if there are no guarantees.
    This was a typo. it should read:

The bottom line is there are no guarantees.

UPDATE!!!!!

Remember those vellus hairs I spoke of a few weeks ago? Well, I've been monitoring them a bit...they look thicker now, kinda like "intermediate" hairs (not vellus but not quite terminal). There aren't very many there, but they're there, and they weren't there in January before I started my treatment. I was balding in this area (corners/temples) at least 6 months before I got on fin so I'm pretty confident that this is the start of some regrowth. I'm not even 3 months into treatment now, and I can't wait to see what I'll have a year from now. Even if I have half the density in my balding areas that I had before my hair loss, I'll be happy.

No side effects to report. Oh, and my hair is long enough now that I'm starting to notice hair fall again. Before fin I was shedding like a cat, and now I can rub my head vigorously and only see one or two hairs fall out. I think I did have an increase in shedding about a month into fin, but I buzzed my head not long after it started and didn't notice shedding after that so I dunno how long the shed really lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNitwon View Post
    UPDATE!!!!!

Remember those vellus hairs I spoke of a few weeks ago? Well, I've been monitoring them a bit...they look thicker now, kinda like "intermediate" hairs (not vellus but not quite terminal). There aren't very many there, but they're there, and they weren't there in January before I started my treatment. I was balding in this area (corners/temples) at least 6 months before I got on fin so I'm pretty confident that this is the start of some regrowth. I'm not even 3 months into treatment now, and I can't wait to see what I'll have a year from now. Even if I have half the density in my balding areas that I had before my hair loss, I'll be happy.

No side effects to report. Oh, and my hair is long enough now that I'm starting to notice hair fall again. Before fin I was shedding like a cat, and now I can rub my head vigorously and only see one or two hairs fall out. I think I did have an increase in shedding about a month into fin, but I buzzed my head not long after it started and didn't notice shedding after that so I dunno how long the shed really lasted.
    Good news indeed...getting regrowth can only mean you WILL mantain for SURE all the other follicles so....

Congratulations Bro !!! I always said you looked good with a shaved head though. But that should buy you time till replicel/CB !!!

hopefully u dont experience any major sides

3 Month Update!

So tomorrow marks my 3rd month on finasteride, and a month and a half on minox foam (recently switched from Rogaine to the new Equate minox foam). I haven't missed a single dose of fin since I started taking it. Hair fall has stopped dead...I barely notice ANY hair fall anymore. I can't even remember a time where I shed so little. Since buzzing my head in late Feb and letting it grow back out, my hair shafts have gotten noticeably thicker and healthier. It looks like the thinning spot in my mid-scalp is starting to thicken back up...not too sure of it though. I still see some "intermediate" hairs popping up in my hairline, but they're sparse. We'll see how that goes.

All is well, ladies and gentlemen. I'm not worrying about hairloss like I was before I started the regimen, and that's the best part of all this. I have a LOT to look forward to in the coming months/years (graduating college next month, moving out on my own, starting a job, possibly getting engaged) and I'm not letting something like hairloss ruin it all for me.

I'll update again in a month or two and possibly include pics...we'll see how things go.