+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

That japanese study was the determining factor in my decision when I said the risks seemed low. My parents are both from Japan. -.- I appreciate your warnings stressedtothebald but the risk really seems low enough to warrant my decision. Plus it seems like a lot of members here (not all) don't have problems with finasteride.

2020 or anyone else, do you have experience dealing with 4rx? I trust that it's a legitimate place to purchase finasteride?

Quote Originally Posted by z06guy View Post
    That japanese study was the determining factor in my decision when I said the risks seemed low. My parents are both from Japan. -.-
    Question: do you live in the states now?

2020 or anyone else, do you have experience dealing with 4rx? I trust that it's a legitimate place to purchase finasteride?
    yes, that's where I buy my finasteride.
    They're a pretty popular online pharmacy so they wouldn't be around for that long if they sold fake drugs....

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    Question: do you live in the states now?

yes, that's where I buy my finasteride.
    They're a pretty popular online pharmacy so they wouldn't be around for that long if they sold fake drugs....
    Yes sir I'm in the good ole USA.

Thanks for the info and providing the website. It looks like it'll take 10 days or so before it arrives though.

Hello,

I'm currently 24, in shape and eating balanced diet. I don't quite have an NW2 (I'd say NW1.5) My father and both grandfather on each side of our family have gone bald. Starting at 24-25 my dad said he started experiencing hairloss so I figure I'll put a stop to my hairloss.

I still have my hairline but it's slowly turning into a solid NW2 because the hairs are getting weaker on the sides. I still see little hairs on the corner of my temple. If these were to turn strong again I think I'd be back to a 'NW1' again. I've been on hairomega 3 in 1 for about a month now. It's suppose to lower DHT levels which in turn will allow me to keep what hairs I have left. So far I have to say I think it's working. My nails seem stronger, my hair seems stronger and very surprisingly I have no acne anymore. I've always been suffering from acne ever since I was a teen. I tried almost everything to stop it but nothing worked, however this supplement seems to have cured my acne. My face has not been this clear since I was 14 lol. It's only been less than a month that I've been taking hairomega 3 in 1 but already things seem promising.

I'll also note that my sex drive was pretty darn high ever since I was a teen (as most other young guys) but ever since I started hairomega I think my sex drive has been gradually reducing. Simply put I don't get as 'happy' when I see a knock out girl somewhere. lol. Otherwise sexual function is normal.

Ok now that I have that out of the way.. This is my REGIMEN:

I have recently started taking 5% topical minoxidil kirkland signature brand (starting yesterday). I have 100% green tea everday, I take fish oil gels everday with each meal and I have also switched to a biotin shampoo with saw palmetto, wheat protein and all that other good stuff that helps stimulate the scalp and thicken hair.

I think this is a pretty solid 'maintenance' regimen. I know there are many more things I can do but I think the DHT controller (hairomega) and 5% minoxidil will be my best bets in preventing hairloss. I realize minoxidil isn't for the hairline but I've heard that it does work in maintaining a hairline. I truly want to avoid propecia though. I realize the risk of side effects are small with propecia but it's enough to scare me away from it.

I've been keeping a picture log of my progress. When I start feeling brave enough I'll post it here. I'm already looking at the 'before' picture and my hair looked completely lifeless... Now my hair looks healthy. If the little hairs on the side of my head strengthen again I will be very happy. Hopefully I'll be able to keep my hair for enough time until a true cure comes out for hairloss.
    Hello! How is your all natural regimen working out?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake126 View Post
    Hello! How is your all natural regimen working out?

I think the hairomega is actually doing a decent job of making my hair seem thicker and 'fuller'. To be fair I'm not really bald at all, I have more head on my hair at 24 than a lot of guys I remember back in highschool but my issue is that I know if I don't do anything to keep this hair I will definitely lose it all at one point or another.

My vertex area (which was already full of hair) seems to have thickened up even more. It had a bit of a cowlick going on but there were no bald spots, just a little thinner than the rest of the hair (not noticeable to anyone) it's filled in completely now but the new hairs seem to be more coarse... My hairline seems thicker however I'm still waiting for the little hairs on the edge of my hair to thicken up. They are probably half the size of my regular hairs but I'd like for them to thicken up.

You know it's odd but my eyelashes seem longer and thicker along with my eyebrows. My body hair seems to be thicker than normal but I don't know for sure since I never really payed attention to it before. One thing for sure is my hair and nails are growing much much faster than ever before in my life.

I'm going to stay on hairomega and see if I continue growing any new hairs or see if the little hairs around my temple area thicken up. I've been keeping a offline picture log for my own personal record from when I started back in february all the way until now and I have to say my hair is definitely much thicker and healthier. Today somebody thought I was a senior in a local highschool so I think my healthier hair has a lot to do with it. =)

I stopped using minoxidil last month. I was only on it for about a month thank god. I was suffering from so many side effects, mainly being a very flaking scalp, rings around my eyes, shoulder aches, ears, nose and forehead swelling slightly and waking up with many many faint wrinkles around my forehead along with larger pores. I was only using the normal dose twice a day. I've never had any of these problems in my life until I started minoxidil...

Perhaps I am allergic to minoxidil or maybe it's just the side effects. However I do know minoxidil is not worth my health. This website pretty much confirmed my suspicions that minoxidil causing all these problems for me. Other people experienced strikingly similar issues.http://www.publichealthforums.com/h-33-minoxidil.html

When I stopped using minoxidil all of the side effects went away. Had I used it longer perhaps some of the sides would have been more permanent. I will say that I did lose some fine hairs on the side of my hairline from using minoxidil. I'm hoping that they grow back even though I stopped using it.

Oh yes I will also add that I've been eating much more fruits and vegetables, legumes, beans and healthy snacks instead of junk food. I have been avoiding eating processed foods and ALL oils (including olive oil).

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    That's exactly right.
    There is no difference in HOW you reduce DHT in your body. If your body can't handle that reduction, then you will get side effects.

All those "natural" treatments like saw palmetto and beta sitosterol work in a same way as Propecia except that they are much weaker.
    What makes you think that just because they sell them in every grocery store that you won't react badly to them?
    This is the truth....... Give this guy a drink.......

I think the hairomega is actually doing a decent job of making my hair seem thicker and 'fuller'. To be fair I'm not really bald at all, I have more head on my hair at 24 than a lot of guys I remember back in highschool but my issue is that I know if I don't do anything to keep this hair I will definitely lose it all at one point or another.

My vertex area (which was already full of hair) seems to have thickened up even more. It had a bit of a cowlick going on but there were no bald spots, just a little thinner than the rest of the hair (not noticeable to anyone) it's filled in completely now but the new hairs seem to be more coarse... My hairline seems thicker however I'm still waiting for the little hairs on the edge of my hair to thicken up. They are probably half the size of my regular hairs but I'd like for them to thicken up.

You know it's odd but my eyelashes seem longer and thicker along with my eyebrows. My body hair seems to be thicker than normal but I don't know for sure since I never really payed attention to it before. One thing for sure is my hair and nails are growing much much faster than ever before in my life.

I'm going to stay on hairomega and see if I continue growing any new hairs or see if the little hairs around my temple area thicken up. I've been keeping a offline picture log for my own personal record from when I started back in february all the way until now and I have to say my hair is definitely much thicker and healthier. Today somebody thought I was a senior in a local highschool so I think my healthier hair has a lot to do with it. =)

I stopped using minoxidil last month. I was only on it for about a month thank god. I was suffering from so many side effects, mainly being a very flaking scalp, rings around my eyes, shoulder aches, ears, nose and forehead swelling slightly and waking up with many many faint wrinkles around my forehead along with larger pores. I was only using the normal dose twice a day. I've never had any of these problems in my life until I started minoxidil...

Perhaps I am allergic to minoxidil or maybe it's just the side effects. However I do know minoxidil is not worth my health. This website pretty much confirmed my suspicions that minoxidil causing all these problems for me. Other people experienced strikingly similar issues.http://www.publichealthforums.com/h-33-minoxidil.html

When I stopped using minoxidil all of the side effects went away. Had I used it longer perhaps some of the sides would have been more permanent. I will say that I did lose some fine hairs on the side of my hairline from using minoxidil. I'm hoping that they grow back even though I stopped using it.

Oh yes I will also add that I've been eating much more fruits and vegetables, legumes, beans and healthy snacks instead of junk food. I have been avoiding eating processed foods and ALL oils (including olive oil).
    How many Hairomega's do you take per day?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake126 View Post
    How many Hairomega's do you take per day?
    Serving size is three tablets. I take three a day, one after each meal. Each bottle comes with 90 tablets.

This is a great discussion. I have been using Minoxidil since 1989. Seems it was precription only and about $60.00 a month. Thank god for generics. I have had a long painful relationship with Propecia. I do get the sexual side effects with Propecia. This is unfortunate as the drug made a dramatic difference. Over the years I have altered the dose and reduced the number of days I took it. There is no way around it for me I am going to get the side effects if I take the drug. I would make an analagy comparing the side effects with eating something you are alergic to. If you are alergic to a apple but you only eat a small amount you still have a alergic reaction. I no longer take Propecia. Three months ago I started taking Hairomega. I do not expect to see anything significant for at least six months but what is interesting is I am getting the same sexual side effects that I did with Propecia althought milder. I am not a physician but do know about hair loss. If I am getting side effects then my DHT is being reduced. If DHT is reduced then there is hope Hairomega may work? We will see.

hey z06guy buddy -
    hows it going with hairomega ?