+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Default I understand completely Stressed'

We are all suffering from it my friend. What you need to do is to wrap your mind around the knowledge that there are serious tests going on and not by just one company. If this were 1982, a time where med/science didn't really have anything to work with, this talk would not be going on and we wouldn't have a 'support system' that is available to us now . Meaning, you couldn't SERIOUSLY discuss your hair loss with anyone.
    Being that this is 2012, try to lessen the stress in your life by acknowledging that there certainly IS something(s) on the horizon. One day ,maybe sooner than you think,a decent treatment will be offered.
    FDR'- I agree with you ,,5k wouldnt be a bad price tag IF that indeed were the cost.

Inactive

What worries me if its gonna happen at all and when.. if it comes too late, then it would feel too little too late, I need hair while I'm still young age. What worries me - there was probably the exact same talk on forums 5 or 10 years ago, about the new treatments beeing developed and predicted to be just around the corner.. yet, here we are, its 2012. and still the talk is very much the same as well as the promises.

I wish I had Your hope and positive attitude though. Its better to be positive than beeing stressed about it as I am.

Default Take control of your status

Keep in mind that the advancements made since 10 years ago have been HUGE. For the time being, try to refocus your outlook on life. Treatment is coming your way. Prepare for it.
    You stated that you are still young. Be happy that you are not in your later years (like some of us)
    Keep yourself healthy ,exercise,,eat right. If you have a career or still elevating your education -focus on that for the NOW. Depression is like having a parasite living inside of you. Dont feed it.

Inactive

Well, I'm not that young.. I entered my 30s. I wish I was wiser and have done something 10 or even 15 years ago.. I started balding very young.

I do everything right.. eat right, take care.. and then I see people who eat junk diets, barely drink water and pay no attention to hair whatsoever and still have the most brilliant full set of hair in the world.. Now thats a proper motivation killer.. And worst of it all is the fact that our baldness is in the genes, therefore however much we push, its like trying to change destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    I think $5000 is a far price for everyone. They'll make good money and it will be reasonably affordable to the masses. I think this price makes sense because they want to cast their net far and wide and I think it would be more profitable at $5000 than $10000 due to the numbers that will go for it but I could be way off.
    Even if it's US$5,000 to begin with (or equivalent in other currencies) it's bound to come down in price over time just as laser eye surgery (for example) has.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    Even if it's US$5,000 to begin with (or equivalent in other currencies) it's bound to come down in price over time just as laser eye surgery (for example) has.
    Still not sure about laser eye surgery.. when eyes are at stake.. few percent potential side effects feels like a mountain of risk to me.

God please give us Replicel!!!!!

So annoying that that spray on skin stem cell thing does not work for hair.

It would be great if you could take stem cells from your donor area and spray them on your bald bits and have hair again.

There seems to be cures coming out for everything but baldness.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Only if its one time & permanent solution.
    Otherwise even 5k is way too much.
    It would be great if the cost was affordable to all walks of life, but lets face it, it won't be.

I'm sure it will be priced around the same as a transplant. Meaning, the more injections and/or cells that need to be regenerated the higher the cost.

Myself personally, if I had to spend $5k every 5 years, thats doable. It would suck, I'm a tight wad, but I could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    God please give us Replicel!!!!!

So annoying that that spray on skin stem cell thing does not work for hair.

It would be great if you could take stem cells from your donor area and spray them on your bald bits and have hair again.

There seems to be cures coming out for everything but baldness.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXO_ApjKPaI

Yeah its skin and not hair that grows from the inside...but the idea is all to real.

Default Hey Kirby

I agree with you. The price will go down no matter what the initial cost will be. The cost of the first iphone 'price drop' comes to mind. I believe the price of Rogaine went down considerably after it became over the counter ,,didnt it?