+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Can't afford Propecia anymore.. but..

I've decided that paying $88 a month for Propecia is absolutely ridiculous. Yes, it has helped me retain hair. No, I do not want to get off it which puts me in a position.

I need to know if this UnitedPharmacies.com site is reliable enough to order the Finpecia packs? They seem super, super cheap.. but they could also be fake, right?

OR should I just go to my doctor and ask him for a prescription of Finasteride (with intentions of cutting each pill into 5 separate pills)?

Not sure what to do but I can't keep paying this much for my hair. I already pay a ridiculous amount on other methods.

It truly sucks losing your hair. When I see someone with a great hairline and they shave it down, I think -- must be nice! Oh well.

I live in the United States, by the way. And I love Propecia. It has truly helped me. Using this UnitedPharmecies site seems like the easiest (avoid co-pay at my doctors office) and most convenient way but I'm afraid of what I'll get. The site seems to explain everything well but I was hoping someone could ease my fears cause any site can make their product sound good.

I would never buy a prescription medicine online unless it was from a reputable pharmacy. Propecia price is ridiculous. Proscar is the 5mg tablet, finasteride is the generic name.

Quote Originally Posted by rupe View Post
    I would never buy a prescription medicine online unless it was from a reputable pharmacy. Propecia price is ridiculous. Proscar is the 5mg tablet, finasteride is the generic name.

So I should just go to my doctor and explain the situation? Is there such a site (reputable pharmacy) online?

I just can't keep putting this much money into my hair. I don't make nearly enough to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by PacWantsHair View Post
    So I should just go to my doctor and explain the situation? Is there such a site (reputable pharmacy) online?

I just can't keep putting this much money into my hair. I don't make nearly enough to justify it.
    I can't help with any reputable online pharmacies. I was thinking more like online branches of existing pharmacies, but then I doubt the price would be different. If you want to continue with finasteride then ask the dr to prescribe Proscar. I don't know how much Proscar costs.

Quote Originally Posted by PacWantsHair View Post
    OR should I just go to my doctor and ask him for a prescription of Finasteride (with intentions of cutting each pill into 5 separate pills)?
    If you want to continue using Finasteride, yes. Generic 5mg Finasteride is on Walmart's list of low cost generic medications. I looked it up not long ago for another member and I think it was $20.00 for a 30-day supply, which translates to a 120 day supply when you split the pill into four pieces. If your doctor will write you a prescription for generic Finasteride, it will save you a lot of money over the cost of Propecia.

I get generic 5mg finasteride at walmart for $9. Cut into quarters and it equals $2.25 a month.

I live in Canada, and get 1mg generic Finasteride for CAD$54.50 which I think is about USD$50.

Why is the generic 1mg available in Canada and not in the U.S?

Shouldn't Propecia's patent expire by now? or when will it expire?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    If you want to continue using Finasteride, yes. Generic 5mg Finasteride is on Walmart's list of low cost generic medications. I looked it up not long ago for another member and I think it was $20.00 for a 30-day supply, which translates to a 120 day supply when you split the pill into four pieces. If your doctor will write you a prescription for generic Finasteride, it will save you a lot of money over the cost of Propecia.
    hey tracy c, are you using only minoxidil and nizoral for your hair?Do you use anything else like spiro.Please explain me how spiro works and why do they prescribe it for women.

I use my laser comb every other day. I use Rogaine foam in the morning and generic women's Minoxidil in the evening every day. I take Spio twice a day every day. I use Nizoral A-D shampoo twice per week in place of my regular shampoo.

Spiro blocks androgen receptors from accepting androgens. Women do not have as much DHT running through their bodies as men do. However women who are suffering with androgenetic alopecia have hair follicles that are so sensative to DHT that even the small amount of DHT they do have in their bodies is enough to trigger hereditary hair loss.