+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PacWantsHair View Post
    I've decided that paying $88 a month for Propecia is absolutely ridiculous. Yes, it has helped me retain hair. No, I do not want to get off it which puts me in a position.

I need to know if this UnitedPharmacies.com site is reliable enough to order the Finpecia packs? They seem super, super cheap.. but they could also be fake, right?

OR should I just go to my doctor and ask him for a prescription of Finasteride (with intentions of cutting each pill into 5 separate pills)?

Not sure what to do but I can't keep paying this much for my hair. I already pay a ridiculous amount on other methods.

It truly sucks losing your hair. When I see someone with a great hairline and they shave it down, I think -- must be nice! Oh well.
    I've thought about getting propecia, but you've got to use your brain over panic..
    The inevitable is coming, There is no drug cure.
    save the $88 and accept you will be bald. or save the $88 each instead have a transplant and pay $88 a month on finance.

Quote Originally Posted by BMD1 View Post
    I've thought about getting propecia, but you've got to use your brain over panic..
    The inevitable is coming, There is no drug cure.
    save the $88 and accept you will be bald. or save the $88 each instead have a transplant and pay $88 a month on finance.
    Unfortunately, getting a transplant without actively suppressing DHT is a highly risky approach to treating hair loss. If you restore your hair through surgery, you'll want to be on fin or dut unless you started as a NW7 (at which point a transplant probably wouldn't do a whole lot anyway).

There isn't a drug cure to hereditary hair loss, but there are effective treatments that can mean the difference between being a NW2-3 a decade from now (by which time there will probably be more advanced treatments) or being a NW5-7.
    Look at Spencer. He's in his 17th or 18th year of using finasteride; the guy started balding in his early 20's and is now heading into his late 40's as a NW3. Without medicine he would probably be a cue ball by now.
    Fin is no miracle drug, but it works.

Default Hello

I live in India and have used Finpecia,Finturn, Finax. They are all equivalent. No need to worry. They are from reputed companies and so cheap. you can get 30 tabs for $ 2.6 .

The websites that sell Fin, look so sketchy, and specially since they don't even require a prescription.

I am currently paying Canadian $54, for 30 tabs, but am beginning to get tempted to buy online, its seems so much cheaper!

There was recently a case in Pakistan, where a batch of heart medications were infected with a virus/bacteria, killed over 100 people.

But I guess buying from India is probably better and safer.

http://www.naturalnews.com/034808_he..._Pakistan.html

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Unfortunately, getting a transplant without actively suppressing DHT is a highly risky approach to treating hair loss. If you restore your hair through surgery, you'll want to be on fin or dut unless you started as a NW7 (at which point a transplant probably wouldn't do a whole lot anyway).

There isn't a drug cure to hereditary hair loss, but there are effective treatments that can mean the difference between being a NW2-3 a decade from now (by which time there will probably be more advanced treatments) or being a NW5-7.
    Look at Spencer. He's in his 17th or 18th year of using finasteride; the guy started balding in his early 20's and is now heading into his late 40's as a NW3. Without medicine he would probably be a cue ball by now.
    Fin is no miracle drug, but it works.
    I'd rather waste money on a hair transplant than take fin and sport the bald-ing look for the next 18 years.

the name of the game is MAINTENANCE. Until Histogen, Replicel or some other company comes up with a "cure", you should try to keep as many follicles alive as possible... Finasteride(Propecia) can maintain your hair for quite some time, and it is not that expensive. I buy my Finasteride from this pharmacy:

http://www.4rx.com/online-pharmacy/c...-propecia.html

$159 for a year's supply with free express shipping... That's $13/month.

+ Any drug that messes with hormones is dodgey, no matter how many tests have been done.
    Then the side effect, killed sex drive! I'd rather have a cue ball for a head than no boner!
    And does it really work? many have claimed it not to. then this guy who took it for 18 years was it definitely the fin? I know a guy who's hairloss just stopped without any drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by BMD1 View Post
    I'd rather waste money on a hair transplant than take fin and sport the bald-ing look for the next 18 years.
    Again, a hair transplant without DHT suppression is not a wise choice. This is because native hairs will continue falling out, eventually leaving only the transplanted hairs on top of your head.
    Also, you can't regain a full head of hair with transplants, or anything close to it. You'll still "sport the bald-ing look."
    By far the best option is to prevent the loss in the first place, which finasteride does (there is no question whatsoever that this medicine is effective, except for a small percentage of men). This is currently the only way to have a full head of hair as a male with MPB, unless you count hair systems... by stopping it early on.
    There is a risk of side effects from any medicine you use. Finasteride isn't anything particularly dangerous - it has been around a long time and extensively studied.
    And yes, Spencer has maintained his hair for 17 years because he has suppressed DHT with finasteride.
    The guy you know will almost definitely continue losing hair. Sometimes there are "pauses" in MPB that can last for years. But males who begin genetic hair loss will typically continue progressing until death or treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Again, a hair transplant without DHT suppression is not a wise choice. This is because native hairs will continue falling out, eventually leaving only the transplanted hairs on top of your head.
    Also, you can't regain a full head of hair with transplants, or anything close to it. You'll still "sport the bald-ing look."
    By far the best option is to prevent the loss in the first place, which finasteride does (there is no question whatsoever that this medicine is effective, except for a small percentage of men). This is currently the only way to have a full head of hair as a male with MPB, unless you count hair systems... by stopping it early on.
    There is a risk of side effects from any medicine you use. Finasteride isn't anything particularly dangerous - it has been around a long time and extensively studied.
    And yes, Spencer has maintained his hair for 17 years because he has suppressed DHT with finasteride.
    The guy you know will almost definitely continue losing hair. Sometimes there are "pauses" in MPB that can last for years. But males who begin genetic hair loss will typically continue progressing until death or treatment.
    But don't most men that don't even have MPB still loose a little bit of hair in a peroid of 10 years? I mean as part of the ageing process. So in 10 years you loose a little bit of ground (then when you started), it doesn't necessarily mean Fin isn't working.

Lossing hair in your 20s is devasting, much more than loosing them in your 40s and was almost bald in his late 40s/early 50s. So even if Fin saves your hair b/w age 25-40 thats a big freakin deal!

My dad is bald, he started lossing his hair in his early 40s and it began to show in his mid 40s. Its very hard of him to understand whats the big deal with me being upset about it. What he doesn't understand is I am 26.

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    But don't most men that don't even have MPB still loose a little bit of hair in a peroid of 10 years? I mean as part of the ageing process. So in 10 years you loose a little bit of ground (then when you started), it doesn't necessarily mean Fin isn't working.

Lossing hair in your 20s is devasting, much more than loosing them in your 40s and was almost bald in his late 40s/early 50s. So even if Fin saves your hair b/w age 25-40 thats a big freakin deal!

My dad is bald, he started lossing his hair in his early 40s and it began to show in his mid 40s. Its very hard of him to understand whats the big deal with me being upset about it. What he doesn't understand is I am 26.
    Yeah, finasteride won't maintain all your hair forever. And the length of time it's effective seems to vary a lot from person to person; some guys maintain for more than 12 years on it, while others only get a few extra years. (Hopefully I'll be in the first camp, ha.) But like you alluded to, the guy who starts losing ground after even 4 years on fin will still be better off than if he had taken nothing.

I think the devastation of hair loss varies more by personality type than age. But I can empathize about your dad not understanding you.
    Here's a kicker... my dad is in his mid 50's (soon late 50's) with a full head of hair. Talk about not being able to understand my point of view.
    Too bad his genes couldn't save me from my mother's side.