+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

$88 a month for Propecia? Are medicines usually that expensive in the States?!

Quote Originally Posted by spm View Post
    I get generic 5mg finasteride at walmart for $9. Cut into quarters and it equals $2.25 a month.
    I also pay the same for the generic proscar, but I go to the pharmacy at Fry's grocery store. I got them to price match Walmart. It was originally going to be like $60 for 30 5mg pills but they gave it to me for $9 after calling walmart. I too was in the situation of not being able to afford propecia, unfortunatley I wasn't aware of this other option and stopped taking it for awhile.

I went to Ralphs they was 105$

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    $88 a month for Propecia? Are medicines usually that expensive in the States?!
    Brand name medication in the US is typically very expensive. But our medical care in general is something like twice the cost of yours. For some families it gets quite brutal.
    This may change when new regulations go into effect in 2014, but not necessarily.

why aren't you buying it online then?? It costs me like $12/month if I buy it in bulk...

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Brand name medication in the US is typically very expensive. But our medical care in general is something like twice the cost of yours. For some families it gets quite brutal.
    This may change when new regulations go into effect in 2014, but not necessarily.
    Have to admit, my Propecia is the first prescription medicine I've ever paid for in my life... Basically because it had to be bought as a private prescription, as the NHS won't prescribe finasteride for MPB. I couldn't tell you how much the other medicines I've taken over the years actually cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    If you want to continue using Finasteride, yes. Generic 5mg Finasteride is on Walmart's list of low cost generic medications. I looked it up not long ago for another member and I think it was $20.00 for a 30-day supply, which translates to a 120 day supply when you split the pill into four pieces. If your doctor will write you a prescription for generic Finasteride, it will save you a lot of money over the cost of Propecia.
    hey I am running out of my finasteride which I bought online and lost the site name =(, only have about 2 more weeks. I went to walmart online and I couldn't find the finasteride, can you please send me the link where you found it, or do I have to go to the store and buy it? I just want a real USA site where I can get it relatively cheap, since I don't have much money. Thank you or anyone in advance

Hi Erick,

I only looked it up for another member. I didn't get any. I do get my meds from WalMart's pharmacy but I go to the store to get them. It's not very difficult. Just take your prescription to them and they will fill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Hi Erick,

I only looked it up for another member. I didn't get any. I do get my meds from WalMart's pharmacy but I go to the store to get them. It's not very difficult. Just take your prescription to them and they will fill it.
    Hey so I have to get a prescription to get it in any of these stores? The one I bought must have been from an overseas company so I didn't need any prescription. Do you happen to know of a site where I can get it without a prescription? I know there are some which I can quickly google online but you know that most of them can't be trusted. So if anyone here knows of a legit site that doesn't require prescription, please let me know. My budget is about $300

Quote Originally Posted by Erick View Post
    Do you happen to know of a site where I can get it without a prescription?
    Finasteride is prescription medicine. You need to prescription to get it legitimately. I have no idea who to buy from on the grey market because I have never done that. I've only ever used prescription medicines legitimately. I do know that Finasteride is significantly less expensive if you get a legitimate prescription and buy it at WalMart or any other pharmacy that sells low cost generics.