+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Zinc! Zing!

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    StressedToTheBald,

Maybe you can argue FDA regulation is not perfect, but surely some form of regulation is much more safer than no regulation at all, which is the case for Saw Palmetto.
    Hear hear.

Maybe you can argue FDA regulation is not perfect, but surely some form of regulation is much more safer than no regulation at all, which is the case for Saw Palmetto.
    You can't fairly compare a fruit extract to a drug created in a laboratory. May as well ask the FDA to regulate cold liver oil or vitamin c. Saw palmetto has been used for hundreds, maybe thousands of years without any significant side effects reported. Propecia has been around for a few decades at most and we have people reporting side effects all over these forums and preparing for legal action. Believe me, I don't want my side effects to exist. I want as big an arsenal against hair loss as possible, but the side effects are undeniable having personally experienced them. I'm 48 hours off finasteride and waiting for my libido to return.

Edit: Having read the other posts, I didn't realise people are reporting side effects on SP. Maybe they're both unsafe. I've no idea what to do at this point.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    You can't fairly compare a fruit extract to a drug created in a laboratory. May as well ask the FDA to regulate cold liver oil or vitamin c. Saw palmetto has been used for hundreds, maybe thousands of years without any significant side effects reported. Propecia has been around for a few decades at most and we have people reporting side effects all over these forums and preparing for legal action. Believe me, I don't want my side effects to exist. I want as big an arsenal against hair loss as possible, but the side effects are undeniable having personally experienced them. I'm 48 hours off finasteride and waiting for my libido to return.

Edit: Having read the other posts, I didn't realise people are reporting side effects on SP. Maybe they're both unsafe. I've no idea what to do at this point.
    Its an excellent point. One is indeed palm fruit extract, the other is hardcore chemical drug. I recall reading that Native American Indians were using saw palmetto for many years - and coincidence or not - but this race of people actually has the lowest rate of baldness in the world !

I've also read about the hair regrowth competition that took place in England. It is reported that guy who won used real saw palmetto berries and was eating them !

Saw palmetto has been used for hundreds, maybe thousands of years without any significant side effects reported.
    because it is MUCH weaker than Propecia... if SP worked for you, then you can be sure than you would have 10x better results with Propecia.

Propecia has been around for a few decades at most and we have people reporting side effects all over these forums and preparing for legal action.
    well a few decades ago Internet was pretty much non-existent so those people wouldn't be able to report their side effects from SP....

anyways, of course people will complain on the Internet. Where else are they going to complain?
    Another thing: if everyone who could tolerate Propecia successfully were to post as much as StressedToBald, then Propecia would appear a lot safer as it is...

Inactive

Besides, to bring things more down to earth, although the name sounds like a drug, this is what Saw Palmetto actually is, its a palm tree that has small fruit berries.. extract is taken from these, nothing else added. And God knows what chemical biohazard Merck is mixing up in their laboratories..

Saw Palmetto:

Here is a list of herbal medications (Yes they grow on plants and tress) and a long list of side effects. This is only a small subset.

http://alternativehealing.org/side_e...some_herbs.htm

Not to imply all herbal medications have sides, but that not all of them don't either. And these herbal meds have been around for thousands of years.

Here is a list of poisonous fruit and plants.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_poisonous_plants

The claim that Saw Palmetto cannot be compared to Finasteride because one grows on a tree and the other is produced in the lab is not correct.

Also I don't see the point of posting that picture of a man with the saw palmetto berries. I don't understand what purpose this picture is suppose to serve, except take up space.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    Here is a list of herbal medications (Yes they grow on plants and tress) and a long list of side effects. This is only a small subset.
    http://alternativehealing.org/side_e...some_herbs.htm
    Honestly, the following made me laugh, especially because I plan to include it in my regimen soon..

Ginsgeng
    "heart exhaustion and even death has been reported"

Its a known energy booster. They've probably given it to a heart patient or something. When put in such perspective, one can die or suffer side effects from anything.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    I recall reading that Native American Indians were using saw palmetto for many years - and coincidence or not - but this race of people actually has the lowest rate of baldness in the world !
    You summed up Saw Palmetto there and then. Surely it must have an effect on Male pattern baldness, whether that be minor or major.

mate, i wouldnt recommend getting on saw palmetto while youve still got sides from the propecia, (although i have a bizzarre theory this may in fact kick start your recovery)

i tried saw palmetto and i am one who has had sides when i was on it, but recovered once off it. it could be that i was overdoing it dosage wise hence the sides.

They key to any drug is finding the right dosage that works for you. This is the BEST way to limit sides.

[QUOTE=gutted;61725] mate, i wouldnt recommend getting on saw palmetto while youve still got sides from the propecia, (although i have a bizzarre theory this may in fact kick start your recovery)
    [QUOTE]

Could you tell me more about your theory?