+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Nizoral Killed my Sex Drive, Would Procepia and Dutasteride as well?

Hi, I'm a twenty year old and I'm losing hair around my around the edges of my forehead and it's starting to progress pretty high up and I'd like to stop it. I didn't want to worry about getting a prescription so I tried to just use Nizoral as well as Nioxin (pointless), and just about a week after using Nizoral I realized my sex drive was dead, I couldn't get fully hard, and more than that I really lost my will to go out and be alive. I have read many users doubt that Nizoral could cause a loss of libido but you have to trust me on this, it disabled my dick. If I ever used it more than the recommended amount it would go as far to HURT my balls. I felt like I was causing more harm than good so after about a month so I stopped using that shit. It's been one week and I pretty much feel normal now.
    Given that, are other anti androgens pretty much guaranteed to have the same effects on me? I know many just experience the loss of libido for a month or two, but if I started Procepia and two weeks later I started to lose my sex drive, it would be very difficult for me to continue taking it knowing that the I could making myself flaccid for life.
    Thanks in advance guys. I'm really confused about what to do here.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyCensorship View Post
    I'm really confused about what to do here.
    If you are serious and this isn't some kind of a joke, if even a mild anti-androgen such as Ketoconazole did this to you, you may be ultra hyper sensitive to anti-androgens.

Out of pure curiosity, what strength were you using and how often were you using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    If you are serious and this isn't some kind of a joke, if even a mild anti-androgen such as Ketoconazole did this to you, you may be ultra hyper sensitive to anti-androgens.

Out of pure curiosity, what strength were you using and how often were you using it?
    Ketakonazol ****ed my sex drive but it all came back once I stopped using it. Nasty stuff bro.

I had the same issues with propecia so I stopped that too. I knew there was a problem when I lost my morning hardons. It took 3 or 4 weeks to go back to normal.

I believe I am sensitive to drugs yes, but no I dont believe in any permanent side effects, I believe those are psychological.

Good luck man!!

Default Fragile sex drive for me, too

You guys aren't alone. Both propecia and rogaine destroyed my sex drive and made me completely impotent. And you're right, dude, it can even hurt your dick and balls. I also get this from antidepressants asthma medicine, and ADD medicine. Basically, if I don't want to be impotent, I can't take medicine for anything. Now I have to deal with losing my hair since the medicines give me this erectile dysfunction crap.

I've never heard of topical ketoconazole or minoxidil causing sexual side effects.
    Can any doctor comment on how this might happen? I don't see how it could.

To answer the original poster's question, the chances of sexual side effects are small on finasteride (less than 5%). They are higher on dutasteride; I don't know exactly how much higher.
    However, if your body had a highly unusual reaction to ketoconazole, there's no telling how it will react to either of these drugs. I would consider asking a doctor.

As a side note, psychology can play a powerful role in all this. If you are worried about side effects, the chances of experiencing them grow much higher. There are stories on this forum of people who wouldn't experience side effects on MPB drugs until they actively started thinking about them (e.g. losing an erection from thinking about finasteride).
    Good luck.

25 going on 65, let me educate you real quick on the sexual side effects... they aren't even CLOSE to psychological on any of these people... we wake up with no erection, we aren't interested in females, and sometimes it even hurts in our groin area. It's impossible to masturbate, and if the hottest girl in the world is all over us, nothing happens. It's pure biology and physical. There's no blood flow to the penis, among other things.

As far as minoxidil causing sexual side effects, it does on a much smaller amount of patients than finasteride. It made me as impotent as I've been off the other medicines I've taken, and when I got off minoxidil, it all came back. The evidence I found online of minoxidil causing sexual side effects were a few posts by people on forums such as this saying the exact same thing I was about it. Not sure why you don't see how it can cause sexual side effects considering even my asthma medication does, as does one of my ADD medicines and ALL antidepressants. And, yes, finasteride gave them to me, too.

Quote Originally Posted by meax View Post
    25 going on 65, let me educate you real quick on the sexual side effects... they aren't even CLOSE to psychological on any of these people... we wake up with no erection, we aren't interested in females, and sometimes it even hurts in our groin area. It's impossible to masturbate, and if the hottest girl in the world is all over us, nothing happens. It's pure biology and physical. There's no blood flow to the penis, among other things.

As far as minoxidil causing sexual side effects, it does on a much smaller amount of patients than finasteride. It made me as impotent as I've been off the other medicines I've taken, and when I got off minoxidil, it all came back. The evidence I found online of minoxidil causing sexual side effects were a few posts by people on forums such as this saying the exact same thing I was about it. Not sure why you don't see how it can cause sexual side effects considering even my asthma medication does, as does one of my ADD medicines and ALL antidepressants. And, yes, finasteride gave them to me, too.
    Actually, for a subset of people who experience side effects on any medication, the effects are partially or completely psychosomatic. That's the power of your mind at work. It can be biological - it can also be psychological (as in the case of the poster who had no problems with erections unless he actively thought about finasteride).

And no, I don't see how topical ketoconazole or minoxidil would cause sexual sides. I don't see a mechanism of action that would cause this. Hence why I asked for a doctor's opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    And no, I don't see how topical ketoconazole or minoxidil would cause sexual sides. I don't see a mechanism of action that would cause this. Hence why I asked for a doctor's opinion.
    I cannot see how this is even possible aside from being psychosomatic. But I am not a doctor so what do I know.

Inactive

Propecia is a health hazard. Its dangerous.
    Read the Boston & Washington study by Dr. Traish and Dr. Irwig.
    Not only that permanent erectile dysfunction can appear as result of using this dangerous drug, but also depression and cancer. Read the studies, learn the truth. Everything else is a big lie by propecia promoters. Propecia is not safe.

I've been on Minox around ten month's - no side's whatseover. Hell i was expecting a bloated face, hairy palms, black eye's, oh and now ED?! WTF?, never heard that one before as a Minox side - i must be just lucky then..

Oh and i've been using Keto 2% for a long time - no problems in the trouser dept.