+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Everything else is a big lie by propecia promoters.
    You are a big lie. The "studies" you keep pushing are tainted and worthless.

i do believe keto did the same to me, but once stopped the sides went away.
    ive never heard of minox causing these sides.

Propecia is a health hazard. Its dangerous.
    Read the Boston & Washington study by Dr. Traish and Dr. Irwig.
    Not only that permanent erectile dysfunction can appear as result of using this dangerous drug, but also depression and cancer. Read the studies, learn the truth. Everything else is a big lie by propecia promoters. Propecia is not safe.
    What are you talking about, and why? Do you know what this thread is about?

I'm just going to report your spam posts from now on.

Correct me if I am wrong, cause I remember reading somewhere Minoxidil solution is sometimes used to help with erection difficulties. I have heard of doctors prescribing it to increase blood flow in that area.

Anyways, I can't see how Minoxidil effects hormones at all. All it does is increase blood flow.

depression and cancer.
    Just curious, is that documented as a side effect of propecia/finisteride by the FDA?

Quote Originally Posted by sanook View Post
    Just curious, is that documented as a side effect of propecia/finisteride by the FDA?
    Hair loss itself is extremely derpressing, and most hairloss suffers have some level of depression as result of the hairloss. A lot of people will push depression as a side effect, but its hard to establish causality when you're losing chunks of hair, and at the same time very easy to blame Finasteride rather than accept it as a result of the hairloss itself.

From what I have heard from some Doctors is that Propecia is useful in preventing prostate cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by meax View Post
    25 going on 65, let me educate you real quick on the sexual side effects... they aren't even CLOSE to psychological on any of these people... we wake up with no erection, we aren't interested in females, and sometimes it even hurts in our groin area. It's impossible to masturbate, and if the hottest girl in the world is all over us, nothing happens. It's pure biology and physical. There's no blood flow to the penis, among other things.

As far as minoxidil causing sexual side effects, it does on a much smaller amount of patients than finasteride. It made me as impotent as I've been off the other medicines I've taken, and when I got off minoxidil, it all came back. The evidence I found online of minoxidil causing sexual side effects were a few posts by people on forums such as this saying the exact same thing I was about it. Not sure why you don't see how it can cause sexual side effects considering even my asthma medication does, as does one of my ADD medicines and ALL antidepressants. And, yes, finasteride gave them to me, too.
    If you're on anti-depressants, ADD drugs, and asthma medication in addition to hair loss meds, how can you possibly tell what is causing your issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    If you are serious and this isn't some kind of a joke, if even a mild anti-androgen such as Ketoconazole did this to you, you may be ultra hyper sensitive to anti-androgens.

Out of pure curiosity, what strength were you using and how often were you using it?
    I tend to agree with this.

Nonetheless, Jeremy, I am comfortable in advising you to give Finasteride a try, because the side effects (if you experience them) are very, very unlikely to remain permanent once you quit the drug.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Quote Originally Posted by meax View Post
    You guys aren't alone. Both propecia and rogaine destroyed my sex drive and made me completely impotent. And you're right, dude, it can even hurt your dick and balls. I also get this from antidepressants asthma medicine, and ADD medicine. Basically, if I don't want to be impotent, I can't take medicine for anything. Now I have to deal with losing my hair since the medicines give me this erectile dysfunction crap.
    May I ask, is your ADD medicine Adderall? ADD is normally treated with stimulants (like Adderall and Ritalin) and they are known to effect sexual function. Antidepressants (especially the SSRI class) are well known to have the same sort of effects. Both of these types of medicine are far worse in this regard than any of the hairloss treatments. I mean worse in terms of how large a proportion of users experience such effects and the severity of them.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by sanook View Post
    Not sure for the cancer, thats the latest news brought by Boston and Washington studies. As for depression, it has recently been included as a side effect, directly by the manufacturer Merck. When even the manufacturer accepts it as a side effect, it simply means that it is very real..