+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    ^ old people don't use internet.... if they get side effects they complain directly to their doctor.
    So then doctors should be bombarded with complains from the 5mg people. I mean surely the sides should be cripling at the 5mg dose.
    I have spoke to atleast 2 doctors that have prescribed Proscar to 100s of patients and claim not a single on them reported problems.
    And on that note there are several older people (40+) on the internet that complain about the 1mg Finasteride, so sexual function is just as important to them as it obviously should be.

Prostate issues present as the same side effects people report after taking Propecia.

So the fact that there have been no reports of side effects from the 5mg crowd is no surprise whatsoever.

In addition, while there are younger men taking Proscar, the vast majority are older and less likely to have an active sex drive, so any further decrease is next to impossible to tie directly to the addition of Proscar.

However, healthy, sexually active younger men are far more likely to note the changes and know something new is happening that is unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by khan View Post
    So then doctors should be bombarded with complains from the 5mg people. I mean surely the sides should be cripling at the 5mg dose.
    there is pretty much no difference between 1mg and 5mg... both doses inhibit about the same about of DHT

Inactive

And its perfectly young healthy people in Washington study as well.. only after starting propecia was their health ruined. Its a health hazard, and either FDA is going to ban it officially or bring risk and warning labels to reality - adding permanent erectile dysfunction, prostate cancer etc.. At least people will know what they're really gambling with and Merck will end up selling nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    And its perfectly young healthy people in Washington study as well.. only after starting propecia was their health ruined. Its a health hazard, and either FDA is going to ban it officially or bring risk and warning labels to reality - adding permanent erectile dysfunction, prostate cancer etc.. At least people will know what they're really gambling with and Merck will end up selling nothing.
    ffs that was not a proper study!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    none of the scientific studies in the past 20+ years have been able to prove that...

that will never happen, because there is absolutely no reason to do that.
    Millions of people are happy with the results.

Feburary 19, 2012. Remember this post because 5 years from now, Propecia still be around.
    I will ask YOU to remeber my predictions, because the drug being pulled off the market is only one of two possibilities. IF propecia is still on the market in 5 years - my prediction will be right on cue, because there is no doubt whatsoever that the warning will have been updated significantly, to include the possibilty of irreversible side- effects.

The updated warning and/or withdrawal from the market will probably closely coincide with the class action lawsuit. Merck will no doubt pay out millions to those affected. The jury will decide this based on a preponderence of the evidence (patient history, doctor and expert testimony, clinical practice over many years, etc) rather than only "scientific studies" or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by blakes33 View Post
    IF propecia is still on the market in 5 years - my prediction will be right on cue,
    you're right, PROPECIA will be off the market in about a year. Its patent is about to expire and all that we'll be left with is Finasteride. In that way you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by blakes33 View Post
    The updated warning and/or withdrawal from the market will probably closely coincide with the class action lawsuit. Merck will no doubt pay out millions to those affected. The jury will decide this based on a preponderence of the evidence (patient history, doctor and expert testimony, clinical practice over many years, etc) rather than only "scientific studies" or lack thereof.
    there is no proof of that. Two people have died from Rogaine and it has been established that it happened due to a pre-existing condition.... Is it possible that people who report those horrible side effects from Propecia had a pre-existing condition too? Surely it makes no sense why SO MANY people take this drug without ANY SIDE EFFECTS, and yet a small portion of people do get side effects. Why is that? Why those few people have trouble with fin? Think about it.

Pre-existing condition that was unavoidable due to genetics. That kinda stinks.

In other words, my view is that those with side effects and / or persistent side effects will be found to have low tolerances to the inhibition of DHT and/or 5AR.

Something that hormone tests should have been able to find as treatment progressed.

I'm contemplating going back on Fin, but only with routine hormone panels...