+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I fear that you will be 'fighting' Stressedtothebald on every thread that comes out about the use of finasteride.

I personally have been on it for about 2.5 months with no sides.

I think that natural remedies dont work and even if they did, they would have the same sides as fin. If a natural remedy can lower DHT to the same level as fin, then its going to have the same effect in the body.

the only way this will be resolved is when Stressedtothebald realises natural remedies won't work. I hate to say it because I really wish they did. But like most drugs, synthesised normally trumps natural

Quote Originally Posted by rupe View Post
    Sexual sides effects are more common in men in their mid 20s and below.
    Teens I can understand, but men in their 20's? Where can I read about that?
    Thanks in advance.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    I fear that you will be 'fighting' Stressedtothebald on every thread that comes out about the use of finasteride.

I personally have been on it for about 2.5 months with no sides.

I think that natural remedies dont work and even if they did, they would have the same sides as fin. If a natural remedy can lower DHT to the same level as fin, then its going to have the same effect in the body.

the only way this will be resolved is when Stressedtothebald realises natural remedies won't work. I hate to say it because I really wish they did. But like most drugs, synthesised normally trumps natural
    No one is fighting me. If anything people are fighting the truth, and since recently they are fighting legitimate evidence, 2 top US Universities studies, propecia promoters are also fighting all these professors, MDs, they even fight the journalist because they don't like the fact that someone published the news..

Finasteride is a chemical drug, these natural anti-DHT compounds a completely different ball game. Mechanisms of action I believe are completely different, the side damage that appears with finasteride is not appearing with saw palmetto, beta sitosterol, ganoderma lucidum etc.

Besides, the truth is out now. Propecia is a finished drug. They've put down their own website and will be facing heavy charges on court. The game is over for propecia..

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    If anything people are fighting the truth...
    That is a big pile of BS.

minoxidil is good as long as theres vellus hair or the hair loss is recent, for example you could have had hair loss for 10 years yet still have them minituarized, that's where it can help you, if the follicle is still alive.

I was able to regrow hair at my temples with minoxidil I was static but unfortunately I had the side effects and I am slowly quitting rogaine.

The side effects were too much for me...same with propecia.

However know that I am in the very very small percentage of rogaine side effects. With Propecia I had the sides but they were not permanent and the incidence is VERY VERY LOW for permanent sides.

You can only try minoxidil you never know.

GL.

[/QUOTE]Since you are already using Minoxidil, consider adding Nizoral or Nizoral A-D shampoo to your regime. Use it once per week in place of your regular shampoo.[/QUOTE]

thanx tracy. . I have not actually started minoxidal now. Guess, i should consult a dermo first. I have recently started using nizoral . M gonna use it twice a week for a month then i'l do it once per week. Hope it helps. Thank u maa'm agn!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Since you are already using Minoxidil, consider adding Nizoral or Nizoral A-D shampoo to your regime. Use it once per week in place of your regular shampoo.
    thanx tracy. . I have not actually started minoxidal now. Guess, i should consult a dermo first. I have recently started using nizoral . M gonna use it twice a week for a month then i'l do it once per week. Hope it helps. Thank u maa'm agn!

what is considered regrowth? propecia, in my case, has caused an intense shed within the first 2 months 3 wks of taking it. and if i understand it correctly, this is normal, but as stated above, "propecia does not cause regrowth". then how so, will this shed hair return, or is that hair not even considered regrowth? confused

Quote Originally Posted by mcw View Post
    what is considered regrowth? propecia, in my case, has caused an intense shed within the first 2 months 3 wks of taking it. and if i understand it correctly, this is normal, but as stated above, "propecia does not cause regrowth". then how so, will this shed hair return, or is that hair not even considered regrowth? confused
    propecia protects your follicles from further damage.... hair shed WILL regrow because the follicles are still active and possibly even healthier due to Propecia.

Shed is a good sign. Stick to Propecia for at least a year.

Quote Originally Posted by mcw View Post
    Propecia does not "make" hair grow. Propecia "allows" hair to grow. It's really not so complicated.

The hair that sheds out was from hair follicles that were damaged by DHT. The hairs that shed out grow back. When that hair grows back it will be stronger and a little thicker than it was before - because Propecia is blocking the hormone that is causing the damage to those hair follciles.