minoxidal widout propecia?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stressdfella
    • Nov 2011

[/QUOTE]Since you are already using Minoxidil, consider adding Nizoral or Nizoral A-D shampoo to your regime. Use it once per week in place of your regular shampoo.[/QUOTE]

thanx tracy. . I have not actually started minoxidal now. Guess, i should consult a dermo first. I have recently started using nizoral . M gonna use it twice a week for a month then i'l do it once per week. Hope it helps. Thank u maa'm agn!

Comment

• stressdfella
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
      Since you are already using Minoxidil, consider adding Nizoral or Nizoral A-D shampoo to your regime. Use it once per week in place of your regular shampoo.
      thanx tracy. . I have not actually started minoxidal now. Guess, i should consult a dermo first. I have recently started using nizoral . M gonna use it twice a week for a month then i'l do it once per week. Hope it helps. Thank u maa'm agn!

Comment

• mcw
        • Feb 2012

what is considered regrowth? propecia, in my case, has caused an intense shed within the first 2 months 3 wks of taking it. and if i understand it correctly, this is normal, but as stated above, "propecia does not cause regrowth". then how so, will this shed hair return, or is that hair not even considered regrowth? confused

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by mcw
          what is considered regrowth? propecia, in my case, has caused an intense shed within the first 2 months 3 wks of taking it. and if i understand it correctly, this is normal, but as stated above, "propecia does not cause regrowth". then how so, will this shed hair return, or is that hair not even considered regrowth? confused
          propecia protects your follicles from further damage.... hair shed WILL regrow because the follicles are still active and possibly even healthier due to Propecia.

Shed is a good sign. Stick to Propecia for at least a year.

Comment

• Tracy C
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by mcw
            Propecia does not "make" hair grow. Propecia "allows" hair to grow. It's really not so complicated.

The hair that sheds out was from hair follicles that were damaged by DHT. The hairs that shed out grow back. When that hair grows back it will be stronger and a little thicker than it was before - because Propecia is blocking the hormone that is causing the damage to those hair follciles.

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
              Inactive
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by mcw
              If You ask me - regrowth should be firstly described as seeing hairs in the bald spots, and in the 2nd place it should mean added density in the places where the remaining hair is thinning. If neither of those happen - there is no regrowth, simple as that ! In that sense, way too many people report using the hazardous drug, but have not experienced any visible regrowth in true sense of the word. Whats the point I wonder.. many have ruined their health and haven't even seen a single additional hair.. so much of the 'proven' man-poison drug called propecia.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                • Sep 2010

I have had some regrowth on finasteride and 2% ketconazole, particularly in the crown area. I'm sure it would be more noticeable with minoxidil, but I don't use it.

STTB is out of line calling finasteride a hazardous man-poison. There isn't research demonstrating that anyone has "ruined their health" with this medication.

Comment

Working...