+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    3) You look good as you are now. The fact that you're 28 and just experiencing a receded hairline is probably a good sign that you won't end up with really advanced hair loss, at least not before some better treatment options come along.
    I'm a few years older, but I feel (relatively!) fortunate for similar reasons; I began hairloss just after my 20s ended, unlike many of my peers who sadly started losing hair in their very early 20s. And we are possibly be on the cusp of several new treatment options being commercially available... I say "treatment" rather than "cure" because that is what in effect they are, but front he sounds of it, far better treatments that the existing Big 3 are.

Thanks Ryan555, makes me wonder if I'll even need a hair transplant. Do you think the new therapies will come to market soon enough to be an alternative for me? Year or two? Will they even be good enough?

I'm not sure if you're able to answer these questions, sounds like you may be unable to disclose some of this info. I'm very curious about the company you've invested in though!

Kirby, yeah let's hope something comes to fruition soon that is more effective than what we have available now and without any of the negatives.

I remember when the US government was severely limiting stem cell research, starting during the Bush Jr. administration, and I sometimes wonder if that had any significant impact on the progress of upcoming MPB treatments.
    I did notice that when major research got underway for stem cell balding therapies, the major players all seemed to be in Asia or Europe.

I feel fortunate that I started treating MPB at early stages, but not so fortunate to have started losing hair in my early-to-mid 20's. So far so good, but if my regimen starts losing effectiveness before next-generation treatments are available, I will be annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Thanks Ryan555, makes me wonder if I'll even need a hair transplant. Do you think the new therapies will come to market soon enough to be an alternative for me? Year or two? Will they even be good enough?

I'm not sure if you're able to answer these questions, sounds like you may be unable to disclose some of this info. I'm very curious about the company you've invested in though!

Kirby, yeah let's hope something comes to fruition soon that is more effective than what we have available now and without any of the negatives.
    I tend to believe that the new cell-based therapies will be treatments and not cures. I think if they perform as well or maybe a bit better than Propecia, and are side effect free, that would be HUGE progress. They will possibly be treatments that need to be repeated every year or two, but who on this board would not gladly replace daily pills and lotions for that? I don't think anyone is working on a solution that will grow thick hair on a bald scalp. However, they are working on hair cloning, which could make a truly scar-free, full-density hair transplant a reality. The only "cure" would be gene therapy, but I think science has a way to go to make that a reality.

As far as timeframe goes, the company I have invested in is optimistic on getting a product in the marketplace in Asia in the next couple of years. I would imagine it would probably be another year or two after that to see it in the US and Europe. Again, I think most of us will gladly take a vacation to Thailand if we can avoid surgery. Anyway, I think if you can maintain what you have for now (which Propecia will almost certainly do), then you can probably avoid ever having a transplant.

Cheers Ryan, that sounds encouraging! I'll probably still go for some HT consultations. If the meds don't fill in the receded areas I may just need one to tide me over until these new therapies come to market

Good luck with your investment. I hope for everyone's sakes you make MILLIONS

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    I tend to believe that the new cell-based therapies will be treatments and not cures. I think if they perform as well or maybe a bit better than Propecia, and are side effect free, that would be HUGE progress. They will possibly be treatments that need to be repeated every year or two, but who on this board would not gladly replace daily pills and lotions for that?
    That's my opinion also, based on the available data out there. Which is why I'm maintaining via fin for the time being. Better treatments will emerge some day, I'm sure: something called c-a-p-i-t-a-l-i-s-m makes in inevitable.

Ryan, is the company you invested in RepliCel?

Default hairline

i was told by a dermatologist that the hairline will never grow back once it loses the hair. I have been on Propecia since 1999... I just introduced myself on the board if you wanna read it. Thank you

I think the dermatologist is probably wrong. The mistake might be because drug companies are only legally able to promote effectiveness at the crown, because they didn't test it at the hairline. Many men have had success with propecia/minoxidil on the hairline. I've noticed mine thickening up on minoxidil alone.

Moral of the story: even "authority" figures in this industry can be wrong. Trust no one.

Hi Chrisis, OK. I'm gonna ask my current dermatologist, I think my previous dermatologist told me that. Do you use Nizoral 1% twice a week or more? Have you heard of the Kevis Program? I have been researching it, thought of just trying their shampoo, but they have a complete program. But I've also been researching Regenepure and Nisim. Of course I was told no shampoo can help with hair loss.