+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Yeah I use Nizoral but it dries my scalp so I use it very sparingly and only once or twice a week.

I haven't heard of the other products so can't comment, other than to say if they were very effective we'd know about them and be talking about them here.

ok Chrisis. Im 28 from london and my hair is pretty much the same as yours. mine started at 21 ish and by 23 it was to the extent yours is now. I have been on finestride (cut into 4 once every other day) for a few years now and it has'nt regrown any hair but it has stopped further hairloss. I also have used minoxodil for a couple of years but as most will tell you it's not really for the temples, and I only have tiny little, barely noticable sprouts to show for it. I look older than I should and I can't hide my reeceded hair as good as you. I have inrtoduced myself previously and stated that on april the 30th im undergoing 1800 grafts with Dr G.Charles. My suggestion is at the bery least get a consultation online with him and go from there. For me Dr Charles is of good balance when taking price and reputation into acount. Fell free to message me.

Thanks Dean! I've read Dr Charles name on the forum but what do you think puts him ahead of say, Dr Feller or Dr Rahal? Email me off board if you like: 19chris83@gmail.com

Sounds like we're in the same boat almost exactly!

In all honesty it was down to price, even with the cost of travel involved. He's also a member of the iahrs and recomended on most sites. My flights were £550 but you get 10% discount on the cost of the procedure to go towards your travel expenses. Im not saying he's the best but it seems he's one of them. Noones really wants to go to another country to get h/t but if you've done your homework you'll see uk is to much of a risk anyway. You've seen the usual suspects mentioned in america, it's really just about you feeling comfortable with one and picking them. Either way, stay on the propecia/ finestride!

I see. What's the difference in price if you don't mind saying? Can tell me off board if you prefer.

Basically it's 2x more expensive in the UK and there not even half as experienced! The one's in US vary, Dr Charles was on the more affordable scale. Your best doing what most have recomended, get online consultations/quotes from a few of the reccomended. I have read good things about a DR basanga in Belgium but he's not ihrsa. Get quotes and input and weigh it up for the best. Just keep going till you get to the one with the most pro's over cons.

Thanks Dean. Dr Charles looks like a good option too and affordability is definitely a consideration for me. Would you mind emailing me with the address above? Just got a few other questions I'd rather ask privately if that's ok

Criss I want to apologize to you for not understanding your problems. Im sorry you have so many from taking pills.

So take care of your self and good luck.

I guess I have been lucky.

No worries. I was just as skeptical about side effects when I started, but I think we hope for the best and feel those who speak out spoil that optimism somewhat. Reality can be a bitter pill to swallow on its own.