+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Dr. Irwig, Washington study reports:
    - 94% low libido
    - 92% erectile dysfunction & decreased arousal,
    - 69% problems with orgasm,
    - 66% reduction in sexual activity
    - etc. plus links to depression & cancer.
    yeah, that's about right...
    For a drug that has been around for 20+ years and has a million users, it's a surprise that no one has been aware of this epidemic... moron

I couldn't agree more ! Here are the findings of Washington study by Dr. Irwig, what instantly comes to mind is that the percentages of side effects are way beyond few percent Merck is claiming.

Dr. Irwig, Washington study reports:
    - 94% low libido
    - 92% erectile dysfunction & decreased arousal,
    - 69% problems with orgasm,
    - 66% reduction in sexual activity
    - etc. plus links to depression & cancer.
    Stressedtothebald - please don't hijack my thread with this nonsense. It bears no relevance to what I was asking. If you want to keep spouting this rubbish then set up your own thread and I, like most others, will avoid it like the plague.

This forum has good doctors, consultants and hair loss veterans all giving great truthful advice on how to deal with hair loss. You, are undermining all their hard work with these 'findings'. To me and many others you just seem like a bitter balding man desperate to take others down with you with your natural cures which do demonstrably not work!

I think most people would agree that your propaganda has no place on almost every thread on this excellent forum!

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    In the first link, there is a part where this guy describes stinging nettle as beeing good in a sense that it can increase DHT levels. As far as I know, and what is stated pretty much everywhere, stinging nettles reduce DHT. I personally use nettles, not to increase but to kill DHT.

In the first link, there is a part where this guy describes stinging nettle as beeing good in a sense that it can increase DHT levels. As far as I know, and what is stated pretty much everywhere, stinging nettles reduce DHT. I personally use nettles, not to increase but to kill DHT.
    Interesting.

I'm seeing conflicting things, or rather, I think people don't know the full picture.

What I've gathered seems two fold:

Nettle Root acts to prevent Testosterone from binding with the SHBG's thereby increasing free Testosterone which increases what is available to convert to DHT by 5AR. However on top of that, it has a 5AR inhibition component.

So it seems too do both at the same time. So in the world of body building and muscle gaining, it has the bonus effect of creating Free Testosterone to use in gains AND the DHT inhibition.

Inactive

Have to digg in some studies regarding this issue.. I think I might have found similar conflicting reports in green vs. black tea comparison and their DHT blocking abilities.

This potentially worries me as I don't need increased DHT levels. I don't mind having increased testosterone levels, but if that leaves more DHT behind, my hairs already have excess DHT..