+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mature Hair Line But still taking propecia

Hey, ive been posting here for a while now. I started taking propecia just over two weeks ago now. Its all going well by the way. No sides bar acid reflux which is helped by taking the pill earlier in the day. Also, still horny as hell.
    Anyway, to my point. I am in that stage where Im not sure whether I have a mature hairline or MPB. Not 100% sure anyway. But as far as I am concerned Im taking the drugs anyway. I recently got my hair cut and I swear its looking better after 2 weeks of propecia. Is this possible or just mind over matter.
    Either way. Before the propecia I was concerned about my hairloss all the time and now I dont think about it anymore.
    The reason I think I have mpb though is because the amount of hair I shed in the shower. It all comes from the top mind you, not the back and sides. The question I have is does the non balding male still shed from the top and not the back and sides.

If you experienced side effects within two weeks of taking finasteride, you probably have hella low DHT levels and shouldn't be taking it in the first place.

Everyones MPB shed is different, so how you are experiencing it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Also, you aren't going to see any benefit from it in two weeks either, you're likely just seeing the normal growth.

MPB doesn't effect the sides and back nearly as much as the front and top. It will on the higher Norwood scales, but early stages no.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhairdude View Post
    The reason I think I have mpb though is because the amount of hair I shed in the shower. It all comes from the top mind you, not the back and sides. The question I have is does the non balding male still shed from the top and not the back and sides.
    It is normal to shed up to 100 hairs per day, even for those who are not experiencing hair loss. So yes, it is normal for a non balding person to shed hair. Some days you may shed more. Some days you may shed less. However, if you are shedding more than 100 hairs per day, that is a sign that MPB is in process and you should take action if that bothers you.

Now that I know your concern is that you have a mature male hairline, your question in another thread about using Rogaine comes to mind. If this is all you have going on, you do not need to use Rpgaine and you will not likely see any appreciable benefit from using Rogaine.

Default How I see it

So it may be a mature hairline who knows. Quite a high one mind you!
    This is what im gonna do though....
    Im gonna continue the meds for a year. At current I know how many hairs I shed in the bath. Its enough that my GF comments on it. So im gonna stick with the meds because if it is just a mature hairline its not gonna make it any worse and if its mpb it will hopefully help it out. I figure that in a years time I will be able to judge the shedding then and thn make a decision to whether it is mpb or not.
    If I feel the shedding gets better then I will continue to take at least until something better comes along. When something better comes along I will stop the propecia and see what happens. The outcome will be one of two things. 1. My hair wil stay the same and i'll laugh thinking ive been taking propecia for 5 years when there was no need lol. Or 2. My hair will start falling out and ill get the Histogen to sort it out good and proper.
    In my opinion its win win. Cause at the end of the day if being on propecia is giving me piece of mind then it is worth the £320 a year.

I'd almost take the step to find out the GF's thoughts.

If you didn't do anything and let it go the natural way - keeping it looking as good as you can of course - what would see think? Would she still want to be with you?

to be honest im not really doing it for her, im doing it for me. im sure shed be fine with it, but if it makes me more miserable then she would probably get fed up with a depressed misery guts.

Default havent you heard?

Go to Propecia's website
    and this is what you will find...
    Pay attention to the statement close to the bottom.
    No pill is ever going to bring your real hair back and not have side effects.
    I have done the whole gambit long ago and finally ended up doing something rather unique and similar to micropigmentation but permanent. I would recommend what I had done to a black man especially. You would be a way better canidate because of your skin tone and you guys can pull off the buzzed looked way better than us white guys.

Propecia's website=

Thank you for visiting propecia.com.

This Web site is not currently available.

Click here for: Prescribing Information

Click here for: Patient Product Information

For more information or to enroll in the PROPECIA—Persistence Program, click here.

For more information about, or to download a refund request form for the PROPECIA Promise Program, click here.

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA.
    Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

This site is intended only for residents of the United States, its territories, and Puerto Rico.
    Copyright © 2011 Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc. All rights reserved.
    DERM-1015482-0000 11/11

Default Im not black lol

I have black hair and white skin. And you are implying that to see results you have to have sides. This is incorrect.
    Im sorry if this product did not work for you but I have to give it ago.

to be honest im not really doing it for her, im doing it for me.
    Good for you. That is the best reason.

When something better comes along I will stop the propecia and see what happens. The outcome will be one of two things. 1. My hair wil stay the same and i'll laugh thinking ive been taking propecia for 5 years when there was no need lol. Or 2. My hair will start falling out and ill get the Histogen to sort it out good and proper.
    In my opinion its win win. Cause at the end of the day if being on propecia is giving me piece of mind then it is worth the £320 a year.
    That's how I feel too. I know I'll have to keep on the tablets for the time being, but I'm optimistic that within 5-10 years something both more effective and slightly safer will emerge that will consign Propecia/finasteride to the history books.

Keep going for a month though, I had some mild side-effects in places for the first 2 to 3 weeks, but I got over them pretty much afterwards and never had any twinges or problems since.

Are you getting your tablets from Boots, incidentally (the price you mention sounds as much as they charge)?