+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    7 months is not long enough as you will most likely go through several loss/growth cycles before you know what to expect. I saw results up front in about 4 months but crown took 9 months before I knew it was working. I asked a well known hair Dr why this was and he explained my front was most likely inactive while crown was undergoing active mpb aka miniaturization. I saw my crown shrink and expand several times before things got better. Use minox as well if you are not already... good luck..
    Cheers for the vote of confidence. Did you not loose anything up front then mpb47? I've lost so much its insane! I know people get sheds but the hairs I'm loosing are terminal thick hairs and seems these are being replaced by thin short vellus hairs. like rapid minaturization.
    Getting checked out at the docs this week anyway for other poss problems. Maybe I should add Minox... my original plan was to go fin an niz for 1 yr and see then maybe add minox if it had stabilized. I don't want to start more shedding by adding minox at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by alex82 View Post
    Cheers for the vote of confidence. Did you not loose anything up front then mpb47? I've lost so much its insane! I know people get sheds but the hairs I'm loosing are terminal thick hairs and seems these are being replaced by thin short vellus hairs. like rapid minaturization.
    Getting checked out at the docs this week anyway for other poss problems. Maybe I should add Minox... my original plan was to go fin an niz for 1 yr and see then maybe add minox if it had stabilized. I don't want to start more shedding by adding minox at this stage.
    Honestly at that time I was not paying attention to the front so I can't remember, but if you are losing hair up front that is probably a good sign. People will tell you that you can never get your teenage hairline back. Maybe it is rare, but I can tell you that I certainly did and it caught me off guard because I never realized how much I had lost till it came back. My hairline changed right at puberty and it had been gone about 20 years at that point. It was like going back in time to circa 1983 and I felt great till I got sides and had to stop. Oh and I did have to use Minox as I tested without and it made a big difference for me. So I would add that and just give it more time- you are probably just going those cycles. I started taking pictures of my crown right when it started thinning and I remember flipping out when I started on fin and saw it get much bigger. But it just takes time....
    Good luck!

Cheers man, feel like I've hijacked the thread a bit, sorry!

I do think that as far as the op is concerned he should hold off for nowand closely monitor situation. I know as a young guy ifyou take a hit, I.e big shed, then it really saps your confidence. And if iit does grow back, 6-12 months is a long time to loose when you are young.

I'll look a trying minox in a few months, just was to see some stability before changing the regimen. Btw, I'm more than happy to get back to baseline nw2 and maintain. I don't expect to get teenage hairline back. Although that would be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by alex82 View Post
    Cheers man, feel like I've hijacked the thread a bit, sorry!

I do think that as far as the op is concerned he should hold off for nowand closely monitor situation. I know as a young guy ifyou take a hit, I.e big shed, then it really saps your confidence. And if iit does grow back, 6-12 months is a long time to loose when you are young.

I'll look a trying minox in a few months, just was to see some stability before changing the regimen. Btw, I'm more than happy to get back to baseline nw2 and maintain. I don't expect to get teenage hairline back. Although that would be amazing
    yes apologies to the OP for rambling so much in his thread. And to me he looks like he has a full head of hair and lots of it. Some women, including 2 of my old GF's would love to have that much hair. Before jumping on the drug train, he should consider monitoring his hairline/crown by taking pictures with a camera every few months. That way he will know for sure and will have a documented history. I did this from almost day one and sure glad I did.

I doubt FIN could have kept my teenage hair for long but it was fun while it lasted. It was a wakeup call to how much I had actually lost though. Along those same lines, I generally think I am doing pretty good hair-wise compared to many other guys my own age, until I get a reality check by seeing an old high school photo of myself. Talk about embarrassing/depressing seeing how low my hairline used to be. WTF happened?