+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

This is the problem with people who don't know how to read scientific literature or pop media articles written about it.

lol....They clearly state there are side effects
    Every drug has side effects
    If you are one of those " less than 2 % " then it sucks to be you , and me .
    If you're not in the 2 % , then continue to use the drug and benfit from it's use.
    No need to spread this through every topic.

Evaluation of efficacy and safety of finasteride 1mg in 3177 Japanese men with androgenetic alopecia.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21980923

... The study enrolled 3177 men given finasteride 1 mg/day from January 2006 to June 2009 at our clinic.... Adverse reactions occurred in 0.7% (23/3177) of men....

My last post was a little rude, and it's too late now to edit it, so I apologize for that. And for my tone in some other threads where StressedToTheBald posted the same link.
    He probably means well. The fear mongering just rubs me the wrong way at times, and I don't always keep my frustration in check.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by DAVE52 View Post
    lol....They clearly state there are side effects
    Every drug has side effects
    If you are one of those " less than 2 % " then it sucks to be you , and me .
    If you're not in the 2 % , then continue to use the drug and benfit from it's use.
    No need to spread this through every topic.
    I don't mind the fact that You Yourself are willing to take a risk, but potraying this dangerous drug as a joke is everything but funny. It shows that You lack the compassion towards those whose lives are ruined by this drug and You show no respect towards the health and lives of other human beeings by portraying it as 'just another drug'.

And no, its not 2% either, that is not the truth.
    For all of You who wish to know the truth, instead of the one so dearly repeated by paid or unpaid propecia promoters, here are the findings of Dr. Irwig, George Washington University Professor, MD. Its up to You, trust propecia promoter or University professor, I believe the choice is straightforward.

"Seventy-one men participated in the research and about half were from outside the United States. I have seen patients from as far away as Australia and England,” says Dr. Irwig. He found that 94 percent developed low libido, 92 percent developed erectile dysfunction and decreased arousal, and 69 percent developed problems with orgasm... “It turns out that almost all had multiple sexual function problems. Men reported average all inclusive sexual activity of approximately 26 episodes per month before taking Propecia, but there was an almost two-thirds reduction in sexual activity after using the drug.” What is known is that unlike the vast majority of drugs, whose side effects cease when you stop taking them, Dr. Irwig explains that “finasteride is different because it can actually change the brain’s chemistry."

Im starting to get depressed reading these comments.
    Guess its time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    I don't mind the fact that You Yourself are willing to take a risk, but potraying this dangerous drug as a joke is everything but funny. It shows that You lack the compassion towards those whose lives are ruined by this drug and You show no respect towards the health and lives of other human beeings by portraying it as 'just another drug'.
    Re read my post
    I am one of those people who can't , or doesn't want to take it , because the side effects bothered me .
    I tried it years ago
    I stayed on it for a while as the doc said the sides might go away .
    They didn't
    I didn't like it
    I don't like losing my hair and I didn't like sides
    I don't preach to others what they should or shouldn't take
    The only suggestion I offer people is to try the buzz cut route first
    It's cheaper and if you can get use to it probably much more stress free
    I wish I had the courgae to buzz my head many years ago .........I might not be here now

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post

And no, its not 2% either, that is not the truth.
    For all of You who wish to know the truth, instead of the one so dearly repeated by paid or unpaid propecia promoters, here are the findings of Dr. Irwig, George Washington University Professor, MD. Its up to You, trust propecia promoter or University professor, I believe the choice is straightforward.

"Seventy-one men participated in the research and about half were from outside the United States. I have seen patients from as far away as Australia and England,” says Dr. Irwig. He found that 94 percent developed low libido, 92 percent developed erectile dysfunction and decreased arousal, and 69 percent developed problems with orgasm... “It turns out that almost all had multiple sexual function problems. Men reported average all inclusive sexual activity of approximately 26 episodes per month before taking Propecia, but there was an almost two-thirds reduction in sexual activity after using the drug.” What is known is that unlike the vast majority of drugs, whose side effects cease when you stop taking them, Dr. Irwig explains that “finasteride is different because it can actually change the brain’s chemistry."
    The above can be ignored, for any reader considering finasteride.

http://www.thebaldtruth.com/hair-los...eride-syndrom/

Default stresse to the bold

Hi guy's I read the topic of propecia is a scary topic, well for me what's scares me will be the sexual side effests, I hope I never have to take this, reading Dr. Irwig reasearch on propecia gets you tinking a bit, I hope docter's feagure out this side effects for the better, so we can take them and not be so consern, I wish every body the best on this medication

Quote Originally Posted by elpollo View Post
    Hi guy's I read the topic of propecia is a scary topic, well for me what's scares me will be the sexual side effests, I hope I never have to take this, reading Dr. Irwig reasearch on propecia gets you tinking a bit...
    You need to know that "study" was tainted and is therefore worthless. The person who posted it here is scare mongering. Don't fall victim to scare mongering. Talk to a real doctor before you decide if the medication is right for you.