Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elpollo
    • Feb 2012

Hi winston

Hi winston I am going to do what tracy told me I am going to check whit this sergeons from Iahrs I think there my best option ,I yest need to find the best docter for me,I have a few consultation coming up, all like to thank everyone for there support

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
      Inactive
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by elpollo
      I was trying to upload a picture of my head but there to big it wont le me do it, yes to show you all what my head look's like now,when i learn how to do this all put one up.
      There is a image button in the post.. or upload it elsewhere and include the code. HT aside, finasteride is now officially a health hazard, two top US Universities studies have gone public, professors and MDs now all speak against finasteride. Here is an outstanding article, one not to be liked by paid & unpaid propecia promoters here on the forum.

"Doctors link hair growth drug to sexual dysfunction, depression and cancer"
      At Examiner.com™ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.

Comment

• Winston
        • Mar 2009

You are so misinformed it's frightening! If you understood how these "findings" were established you would not be posting this unsubstantiated dribble.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
          • Sep 2010

Yup, that article is next to meaningless but he's posting it all over the forum now.

Michael S. Irwig, MD is an endocrinologist at the Medical Faculty Associates in George Washington University, he is also an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Endocrinology. Dr. Irwig recently published a study in the Journal of Sexual Medicine that dealt with Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS), which is a relatively unknown and misunderstood...
          Last edited by 25 going on 65; 02-14-2012, 02:14 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
            Inactive
            • Jan 2012

Like I said, one not to be liked by paid & unpaid propecia promoters here on the forum. Anyway, here is the latest from the manufacturer :

Our health solutions, biosimilars and established brands are helping women to live better, healthier lives.

Thank you for visiting propecia.com.
            This Web site is not currently available.
            You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Yeah, good luck with that !
            I feel blessed I was never tricked into propecia, at least I don't have to chase the suddenly invisible manufacturer who is attempting to redirect all the complaints and damage control towards FDA.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
              • Sep 2010

This is the problem with people who don't know how to read scientific literature or pop media articles written about it.

Comment

• DAVE52
                • Sep 2010

lol....They clearly state there are side effects
                Every drug has side effects
                If you are one of those " less than 2 % " then it sucks to be you , and me .
                If you're not in the 2 % , then continue to use the drug and benfit from it's use.
                No need to spread this through every topic.

Comment

• Jan 2012

Evaluation of efficacy and safety of finasteride 1mg in 3177 Japanese men with androgenetic alopecia.

Before now, there has been no study of finasteride use exceeding 1 year in Japanese men with androgenetic alopecia (AGA) except the study subsequently conducted from the development phase. Since the launch of finasteride, no study in a larger population had been reported. Ethnic variation of the ons …

... The study enrolled 3177 men given finasteride 1 mg/day from January 2006 to June 2009 at our clinic.... Adverse reactions occurred in 0.7% (23/3177) of men....

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                    • Sep 2010

My last post was a little rude, and it's too late now to edit it, so I apologize for that. And for my tone in some other threads where StressedToTheBald posted the same link.
                    He probably means well. The fear mongering just rubs me the wrong way at times, and I don't always keep my frustration in check.

Comment

• StressedToTheBald
                      Inactive
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DAVE52
                      lol....They clearly state there are side effects
                      Every drug has side effects
                      If you are one of those " less than 2 % " then it sucks to be you , and me .
                      If you're not in the 2 % , then continue to use the drug and benfit from it's use.
                      No need to spread this through every topic.
                      I don't mind the fact that You Yourself are willing to take a risk, but potraying this dangerous drug as a joke is everything but funny. It shows that You lack the compassion towards those whose lives are ruined by this drug and You show no respect towards the health and lives of other human beeings by portraying it as 'just another drug'.

And no, its not 2% either, that is not the truth.
                      For all of You who wish to know the truth, instead of the one so dearly repeated by paid or unpaid propecia promoters, here are the findings of Dr. Irwig, George Washington University Professor, MD. Its up to You, trust propecia promoter or University professor, I believe the choice is straightforward.

"Seventy-one men participated in the research and about half were from outside the United States. I have seen patients from as far away as Australia and England,” says Dr. Irwig. He found that 94 percent developed low libido, 92 percent developed erectile dysfunction and decreased arousal, and 69 percent developed problems with orgasm... “It turns out that almost all had multiple sexual function problems. Men reported average all inclusive sexual activity of approximately 26 episodes per month before taking Propecia, but there was an almost two-thirds reduction in sexual activity after using the drug.” What is known is that unlike the vast majority of drugs, whose side effects cease when you stop taking them, Dr. Irwig explains that “finasteride is different because it can actually change the brain’s chemistry."

Comment

• bob13
                        • Jan 2012

Im starting to get depressed reading these comments.
                        Guess its time to move on.

Comment

• DAVE52
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by StressedToTheBald
                          I don't mind the fact that You Yourself are willing to take a risk, but potraying this dangerous drug as a joke is everything but funny. It shows that You lack the compassion towards those whose lives are ruined by this drug and You show no respect towards the health and lives of other human beeings by portraying it as 'just another drug'.
                          Re read my post
                          I am one of those people who can't , or doesn't want to take it , because the side effects bothered me .
                          I tried it years ago
                          I stayed on it for a while as the doc said the sides might go away .
                          They didn't
                          I didn't like it
                          I don't like losing my hair and I didn't like sides
                          I don't preach to others what they should or shouldn't take
                          The only suggestion I offer people is to try the buzz cut route first
                          It's cheaper and if you can get use to it probably much more stress free
                          I wish I had the courgae to buzz my head many years ago .........I might not be here now

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by StressedToTheBald

And no, its not 2% either, that is not the truth.
                            For all of You who wish to know the truth, instead of the one so dearly repeated by paid or unpaid propecia promoters, here are the findings of Dr. Irwig, George Washington University Professor, MD. Its up to You, trust propecia promoter or University professor, I believe the choice is straightforward.

"Seventy-one men participated in the research and about half were from outside the United States. I have seen patients from as far away as Australia and England,” says Dr. Irwig. He found that 94 percent developed low libido, 92 percent developed erectile dysfunction and decreased arousal, and 69 percent developed problems with orgasm... “It turns out that almost all had multiple sexual function problems. Men reported average all inclusive sexual activity of approximately 26 episodes per month before taking Propecia, but there was an almost two-thirds reduction in sexual activity after using the drug.” What is known is that unlike the vast majority of drugs, whose side effects cease when you stop taking them, Dr. Irwig explains that “finasteride is different because it can actually change the brain’s chemistry."
                            The above can be ignored, for any reader considering finasteride.

Michael S. Irwig, MD is an endocrinologist at the Medical Faculty Associates in George Washington University, he is also an Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Endocrinology. Dr. Irwig recently published a study in the Journal of Sexual Medicine that dealt with Post Finasteride Syndrome (PFS), which is a relatively unknown and misunderstood...

Comment

• elpollo
                              • Feb 2012

stresse to the bold

Hi guy's I read the topic of propecia is a scary topic, well for me what's scares me will be the sexual side effests, I hope I never have to take this, reading Dr. Irwig reasearch on propecia gets you tinking a bit, I hope docter's feagure out this side effects for the better, so we can take them and not be so consern, I wish every body the best on this medication

Comment

• Tracy C
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by elpollo
                                Hi guy's I read the topic of propecia is a scary topic, well for me what's scares me will be the sexual side effests, I hope I never have to take this, reading Dr. Irwig reasearch on propecia gets you tinking a bit...
                                You need to know that "study" was tainted and is therefore worthless. The person who posted it here is scare mongering. Don't fall victim to scare mongering. Talk to a real doctor before you decide if the medication is right for you.

Comment

Working...