+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: My story...

Quote Originally Posted by H_A View Post
    1- how long i have to use them
    If they work for you, it's a lifelong commitment. If you choose to discontinue treatment, you will lose all progress gained from use of medication.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    This hasn't even been proven to exist.
    Show me a study claiming ALL propecia side effects are temporary.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    If they work for you, it's a lifelong commitment. If you choose to discontinue treatment, you will lose all progress gained from use of medication.
    Exactly.
    Plus prepare lots of cash, if the latest info is correct - You'll need nearly 100$ for each bottle of this potential hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Exactly.
    Plus prepare lots of cash... Blah blah blah...
    Your blind stupidity is really getting annoying. I just looked it up. Using generics, the cost can be less than $10.00 per month.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedToTheBald View Post
    Show me a study claiming ALL propecia side effects are temporary.
    Show me a study that shows ANY side effect is permanent.

What is your agenda? It seems like you're afraid to try this medication because of something you read on the internet and you find comfort in discouraging others. Misery loves company, I suppose.

This hasn't even been proven to exist. It's only discussed anecdotally on hair loss forums, yet some keep claiming it's some crazy widespread problem. One of the main doctors in the world researching and treating patients with finasteride related issues (Alan Jacobs) told me personally that he has only had a handful of patients claim to have long-term persisting side effects that lasted more than a few months and that he thought those people may have had other issues. He sure as hell did not believe they were "permanent." Stop saying this to people. You have no basis for spreading this kind of misinformation.

N_A - you are probably more likely to get hit by a car than you are to be one of the exceeding rare finasteride horror stories out there. I could probably give you a list of 100 commonly prescribed drugs that you should be WAY more afraid of than Propecia.
    The basis for me not recommending finasteride is that I personally experienced the side effects and suffered post-finasteride syndrome for 6 weeks. Others are not so lucky and it lasts much longer or is permanent. This is actually why there is currently a lawsuit happening and why in the US the information sheet that comes with Propecia has been updated to say "erectile dysfunction that continued after discontinuation of treatment".

Why don't you check out the following article written 3rd Feb 2012 that starts "Doctors at two of this country’s leading medical schools have linked the hair growth drug Propecia to prolonged and possibly irreversible male sexual dysfunction, clinical depression, breast cancer and high-grade prostate cancer. The drug was approved by the FDA in 1997 to promote hair growth in men suffering from male pattern baldness"

Continue reading on Examiner.com Doctors link hair growth drug to sexual dysfunction, depression and cancer - Baltimore Courts | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/courts-in-ba...#ixzz1mLgDjzw3

Inactive

Show me a study that shows ANY side effect is permanent.

What is your agenda? It seems like you're afraid to try this medication because of something you read on the internet and you find comfort in discouraging others. Misery loves company, I suppose.
    Read the conclusions of Boston study by Dr Traish.

I have no agenda whatsoever. Its true, I think the drug is scary and I would never go down the propecia road, not because of 'its something I've read on the internet', but because the risks are real, risks are serious - if You open Your eyes - You'll find that even FDA states - however small, the risks are very real ! Read the study stating that percentages of side effects. Read the stories of patients. This is no miraculous drug, it does not work for everyone, many have quit either due to side effects or lack of results. People should know the truth and what they're getting into, what the risks are, before its too late.

It is proposterous that You promote this serious drug like its a bubble gum and something all should try without giving it a second thought. If You had both the misfortune and misery to end with permanent or temporary side effects, I bet You wouldn't so loudly shout about the vast majority and how safe and proven this drug is. For one it shows the lack of compassion towards ones who are suffering due to side effects of this drug and ones who might end up the same way if they decide to go down the propecia road.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by rupe View Post
    The basis for me not recommending finasteride is that I personally experienced the side effects and suffered post-finasteride syndrome for 6 weeks. Others are not so lucky and it lasts much longer or is permanent. This is actually why there is currently a lawsuit happening and why in the US the information sheet that comes with Propecia has been updated to say "erectile dysfunction that continued after discontinuation of treatment".

Why don't you check out the following article written 3rd Feb 2012 that starts "Doctors at two of this country’s leading medical schools have linked the hair growth drug Propecia to prolonged and possibly irreversible male sexual dysfunction, clinical depression, breast cancer and high-grade prostate cancer. The drug was approved by the FDA in 1997 to promote hair growth in men suffering from male pattern baldness"

Continue reading on Examiner.com Doctors link hair growth drug to sexual dysfunction, depression and cancer - Baltimore Courts | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/courts-in-ba...#ixzz1mLgDjzw3
    Many thanks for posting rupe, I appreciate the link too and will check it out. I'm surprised how people turn a blind eye on a story like Yours. It is personal, it is experience from within and should be heard and given proper attention. It serves as a warning to anyone willing to listen, that we shouldn't risk and go down the same road. Plenty of people have quit due to side effects, and all of You who have suffered, regardless if its temporary or permanent side effects, its insultive to be called minority when lives and health are at stake.

I'm not going to argue over propecia on the internet. I highly recommend trying the drug and stopping it if you have bad side effects. The likeliest outcome is that you will regain your hair and stop obsessing about your hair loss and you will have minimal to no side effects. The chances that you will take a few doses and end up impotent for the rest of your life are somewhere between miniscule and non-existent.

Inactive

The chances that you will take a few doses and end up impotent for the rest of your life are somewhere between miniscule and non-existent.
    That is not true. People should know the truth.

http://www.examiner.com/courts-in-ba...#ixzz1mLgDjzw3
    "As my study shows, there are very real sexual health issues that are affecting a population of previously healthy men ranging in age from 21 to 46 years old who took Propecia,” says George Washington University Professor Michael S. Irwig, M.D., whose ground-breaking research published last year in the Journal of Sexual Medicine was one of the first studies to report on Propecia’s dreadful side effects..
    Seventy-one men participated in the research and about half were from outside the United States. I have seen patients from as far away as Australia and England,” says Dr. Irwig. He found that 94 percent developed low libido, 92 percent developed erectile dysfunction and decreased arousal, and 69 percent developed problems with orgasm...
    “It turns out that almost all had multiple sexual function problems. Men reported average all inclusive sexual activity of approximately 26 episodes per month before taking Propecia, but there was an almost two-thirds reduction in sexual activity after using the drug.
    What is known is that unlike the vast majority of drugs, whose side effects cease when you stop taking them, Dr. Irwig explains that “finasteride is different because it can actually change the brain’s chemistry.
    Many men are now face crippling sexual side effects simply because they wanted to improve their cosmetic appearance. “Had they known the real risks, they all tell me they would have never taken the drug in the first place,” says Dr. Irwig.
    “Over the years, I have prescribed Propecia to my patients and still do – I absolutely had no idea of its serious side effects and I do try to keep up with all the latest medical news,” says general practitioner Kenneth Kochmann, M.D. “Had I known, I would have never prescribed it in the first place,
    Says Dr. Irwig: “I really think this is just the tip of the iceberg.”
    In an attempt to obtain Merck’s side of the story, clicking on the Propecia link on the company’s website resulted in this message:
    “Thank you for visiting propecia.com.
    This Web site is not currently available.”
    “You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA."