+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Info on Dr. Gil Segev in VA

Hi,

I just joined the forum. First, a little background: I'm 26 and experiencing the beginnings of hair loss in the temples and crown. I'm currently taking Proscar split into quarters and using the Laser Comb and have been for about two-three months. After one year, I will see if I notice any results, then take it from there (such as consider hair transplant).

Now for my question: Does anybody have any testimonials or experience (good or bad or course) with Dr. Gil Segev of Virginia Surgical Center? Here is their site: http://www.virginiasurgical.com

I went in for a consultation, and if we were to do a transplant, they suggested 1,700 grafts.

Thanks so much in advance, and I look forward to any replies/comments.

This doctor's website does not paint a good picture. He shows typical deceptive before and after pictures and sells a hair care product line. Doesn't look to kosher to me. You should stick with known hair transplant doctors that are recommended by the IAHRS www.iahrs.org

You should also upload pictures so everyone can give you some advice. It sounds like it is too early for you to have a hair transplant from how you describe yourself.

This is not a place you want to go to have a hair transplant. Take Jkel's advice.

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated.

Harry,

I live in the area, and take it from me, you will have to travel.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default I have been patient of Virginia Surgical

My story:

I had surgery in late July of 2008 (8 1/2 months ago) with Virginia Surgical and Dr. Segev. I am very happy. I attached my picture 15 days after surgery and current picture taken at Easter..Was taken with iphone. Will try to get a close up attached as well, but you can see my hair looks excellent as does my new hot girlfriend although cropped her out. as well as most of me... I will get some better pictures to post. Any questions let me know. Be happy to share my thoughts with you. Surgery was pretty easy..hardest part is waiting..they say most implanted hair falls out after and then starts to grow back in about 3 months or so....a lot of my implants for me seemed to grow from the start and did not fall out. So for me may be different then others. Last month was real breakthough month 7 as hair got much much thicker and more seemed to grow through. So the areas that seemed lighter seemed to thicken up very well. I got a good hair cut and style and take propecia everyday to now keep what I have. If all stays the same for rest of life I am in good shape with the exception I may get a little more hair on the crown as most of my work was done in the front section and hairlien. Well worth the money. Also, I will blog a picture of where they took the hair from. It was a triachloric suture..god as my witness I search for it all the time and can not find. I will try to have my girlfriend see if she can find and take picture..truly amazing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	15 days after surgery1.jpg

Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	1272   Click image for larger version

Name:	15 daysaftersurgery.jpg

Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	1273   Click image for larger version

Name:	me4.10.09.jpg

Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	1274  

Default picture just taken

The Easter picture was not so clear. I just took iphone picture. Keep in mind I have gel in hair etc... Like I said my experience with Virginia Surgical Dr Segev, Chris and the team that worked on me was really good and I am very happy with the result..They used every last bit of available hair from the slither that was taken. Also, they were very fair priced. To me that was important as it allowed me to get the right amount of implants. I did my homework as well I went to 3 other doctors before making my decision so I did my homework. You are never certain before making a decision it was the right one..For myself I am now confident I did and am happy.

Name:	me4.15.09.jpg

Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1275  

I meant to add 2 pictures

Name:	megel4.15.09.jpg

Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1276  

Doctor Representative the B spot's Avatar

You need to consult with other clinics, period.

You want world-class results, not the best local results.

A short drive or plane ride can see you happy with your choice, and getting on with your life.

A poor decision and you spend thousands and years of your life going to top clinics to fix the work.

Pay no attention to the poor before and afters of these type of clinics....look for clear pics that show the ACTUAL hairline and work.

Take Care,
    Jason
    Patient Advocate/FUE Coordinator for Shapiro Medical Group. My advice and opinions are my own and is not medical advice. I am a Cubs fan.

I stand by what I said above and agree with the b spot. Something doesn't look Kosher and he is not in the IAHRS or mentioned on other websites. I believe that most people who really do their homework would know to go to a recommended doctor and not an unknown. I’m also suspect of the mention of his “hot girlfriend.” I hope hairnow123 is really happy with his results but I would never go to this doctor based on the doctors own website.