+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hi Jason,

Sorry for delay response. I have been busy working. I appreciate your understanding and yeah we are on the same team..although "one bald brother to another" FORMER BALD BROTHER BRO.. I am just being light hearted for the record. I appreciate your concern and looking out for people. I just truly had a good experience with my surgery at Virginia Surgical and wanted to share giving recognition to those who helped me at VSC. Again, no hard feelings here. Also, per Gillenator's request I am attaching day 1 pictures to see what I was like on day one after surgery and what the area VSC worked. I have some more pictures I will search for. Sorry they are not professional pictures but they should descent enough to get the jist. I put it next to my final after picture which I posted already. You will see big improvement and why I am happy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	day 1.jpg

Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	1310   Click image for larger version

Name:	megel4.15.09.jpg

Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1311  

Hairnow123,

Thanks for the pic right after surgery. Yes it is still blurry but looking at it without enlarging it shows enough to get the idea of where they placed your grafts.

The bottom line is that you are happy and that's what counts along with the yield of course. Congrats man. You should have more coming too!

Keep us in the loop.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default Hey Hairnow123

Hey man,

I had my initial consultation at VSC recently and am strongly considering having work done there shortly -- I was hoping I could get your e-mail so I could ask you some questions and get some feedback from you.

Please let me know how I can reach you.

Your results look great to me, and I agree with you that there are surely doctors that are not on whatever list this shmohawk is talking about -- doctors that have been in this field performing these procedures for 20+ years.

Anyway give me a holla, I'm interested to discuss with you.

Like I wrote last year, something is not Kosher here. Being on the IAHRS is very important and everybody know this. Many doctors have been around for 20 years and most are not a part of these lists for a reason. People have to be crazy not to take a close look at who is looked at favorably on the internet, the IAHRS and on this site. These recommendations make it easy to see who the best doctors are. What the heck is a smohawk anyway?

Thumbs up

I agree 100% with Jkel.

Quote Originally Posted by coorsdk View Post
    Hey man,

I had my initial consultation at VSC recently and am strongly considering having work done there shortly -- I was hoping I could get your e-mail so I could ask you some questions and get some feedback from you.

Please let me know how I can reach you.

Your results look great to me, and I agree with you that there are surely doctors that are not on whatever list this shmohawk is talking about -- doctors that have been in this field performing these procedures for 20+ years.

Anyway give me a holla, I'm interested to discuss with you.

coorsdk,

If you do have work done by VSC, let me know how your results turn out. I live in Northern Virginia (Wash DC) area and yet do not hear much about them.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Default Dr. William Lindsey - McLean, Virginia - IAHRS Recommended Surgeon

Dr. William Lindsey is currently the only IAHRS recommended physician in your area. He is located in McLean, VA.

http://www.iahrs.org/DisplayProfile....%EB&sID=%A7%9A

Default NEVER EVER GO TO Dr Gil Segev

I had 2 HTs with Dr Gil Segev (virginiasurgical.com). They suggested that I have 2 sessions. After the first surgery, the transplanted area has many empty spots, and the hairline looks very terrible. I came back, and they said the density issue would be fixed on the 2nd HT, and I believed them.

After the 2nd HT, I was a little suspicious about the number of grafts they charged me for. So I had my friend spend a few hours counting new grafts. I turned out that I was right. It was short about 800+ grafts. And worse, after the 2nd HT, the density doesn't improve.

Why did I go there? Because it was cheap ($3/graft). Now I really regret it. I should have gone to more well-known surgeons such as Hasson & Wong. And for the same amount of money, I can have more density as the patients I see on this website.

The bottom line: Stay away from Dr Gil Segev (virginiasurgical.com)

Thanks for the feedback and wish you the best next time.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

People have to realize by now that these sites and list of good doctors exist for a very good reason. Why would anyone go to a doctor who is not well received on the internet?