Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tracy C
    • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Law
    I'll give one month to my grafts to heal.
    I am so glad to hear that. I was worried about you there for a while. I personally think you should wait 10 to 12 months but I am not a doctor so I can't say for sure.

Comment

• Law
      • Feb 2012

Thanks everybody.

I will wait untill the end of the summer at minima. I've indeed heard before about good hair transplanters in Belgium like dr Devroye or Feriduni. Can we consider those surgeons at the same level than the best surgeons in the US ? National pride apart

I'll look for the best next time. Thing is a few hundreds grafts will probably be enough to complete the job so I hope it's not gonna be too expensive.

I never had a decent hairline. I always had deep gulfs even when I was 15. I was really enthousiast about having a REAL HAIRLINE ! Dang I'll have to wait more !

@CriticalObserver thanks for the infos. It seems I should not look further again with the same surgeon considering he's not able to offer what I'm looking for. It's such a pain cause I'd like to profit more of him considering the price I paid.

Anyway the important is the results.

Thanks.

Comment

• Still-Researching
        • Feb 2010

Hi Law,
        To answer your question about FUE docs in Belgium. Believe at least two of them are world class: Feriduni and Bisanga (last one I do not know personally but seen good results).

Have a look at my 20 day old FUE HT with Feriduni under Hair Transplant Veterans follow this link:

I want to start the thread with thanking 3 people/groups: First a big thanks to Spencer Kobren for this great site with a ton of information for anyone considering going down the HT route or feeling down due to hair loss. Secondly thanks to the community, the guys and women, who posts on this forum with news, info,

Gives you an idea of their skills - got 2463 grafts and further down in the post you can calculate the price per graft. I am not associated with the clinic at all, just a, so far, happy patient.

Docs that comes to mind after my ton of reseach that will be able to do a great FUE job on you to name a few:
        Feriduni, Rahal, Feller and Bisanga

Also will echo what has been said above, seems very small number of grafts for the area that has been treated, so you risk having a thin looking result. You have to wait app 12 months (just like me) to see the final outcome before you do anything. Also would not return to such clinic even if its for free, as a bad hairline will be visible everyday in the mirror for rest of your life or until you get it fixed by a first class doc.

Good luck.

Comment

• Winston
          • Mar 2009

The best FUE surgeons in Belgium are Dr. Feriduni and Dr. Mwamba who trained with Dr. John Cole in Atlanta Georgia. All three are IAHRS members. You probably only want to go to IAHRS hair transplant surgeons, but I have heard very good things about Dr. Bisanga also. Personally I would only trust going with an IAHRS surgeon. I think most people who have researched hair transplantation feel the same way.

Comment

• Folly
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by CriticalObserver
            While you may want him to go further back into your thinning area, many top surgeons would refuse to do this because you risk losing or accelerating the loss of your native hair - which is already going through some miniaturization and could suffer greatly from 'shock loss'.
            Can you completely lose native hair from a HT, when grafts are placed in close proximity to native hairs ? Terminal native hair that is. Obviously, if your terminal hair goes through shock loss after surgery, it will come back thinner and hence, you have accerelated your MPB. But is it possible to lose terminal hairs completely after surgery? Does this mean you should never allow a surgeon to implant grafts in areas where you still have a high density of native hair?

Comment

Working...